DNA we are all related

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
I recently had this test and while it found the two basic identities our family claimed, I also have roughly ten percent of two areas I would not have considered and smaller amounts of several other areas. Do a DNA test sometime you may find you are not who you thought you were.

"...[T]he most important identity we can acknowledge in another person is the identity of being an intelligent reflective human being." Stefan Collini 'That's Offensive'

Did one of those "Ancestry" DNA tests recently.

Confirmed what I had believed but also confirmed a small percentage Norwegian DNA which my eye doctor had told me must be there as I have an eye condition that exclusively follows Norwegian bloodlines. Damn. One or two drops of Viking and I had to get the drops that screw up the eyes.

g19-celtic-and-proud-pewter-pin-badge-22465-p.jpg

I disagree totally. Guno and Jake Starkey are completely unique animals unlike any other known forms of life.

You know, National Geographic did a HUGE human gene project and then did a documentary about it. If you get a chance to catch it, it's called "The Human Family Tree", and it shows them tracing DNA of large groups of people all over the world.

Know what they found? That there is actually a genetic "Adam" and a genetic "Eve", whose DNA is found in everyone on the planet.

Kinda brings up questions about those Bible stories of Adam and Eve giving birth to the whole human race eh?

But my main question is.................if we're all related, why can't we all unite?

You know, National Geographic did a HUGE human gene project and then did a documentary about it. If you get a chance to catch it, it's called "The Human Family Tree", and it shows them tracing DNA of large groups of people all over the world.

Know what they found? That there is actually a genetic "Adam" and a genetic "Eve", whose DNA is found in everyone on the planet.

Kinda brings up questions about those Bible stories of Adam and Eve giving birth to the whole human race eh?

But my main question is.................if we're all related, why can't we all unite?
'Cause you snore like a hog.

Because people that aren't white are dumb and violent. I read it in Mein Kempf so it has to be true!

Because people that aren't white are dumb and violent. I read it in Mein Kempf so it has to be true!

Well, you read the wrong book. Sorry, but some of the best Chiefs that I worked for in the Navy happened to be either Black or Filipino. And, I learned some of the best outdoor tricks that I know I learned from people in Montana who were Native American.

You want dumb and violent? Check out the white rednecks in the South.

Well, you read the wrong book. Sorry, but some of the best Chiefs that I worked for in the Navy happened to be either Black or Filipino. And, I learned some of the best outdoor tricks that I know I learned from people in Montana who were Native American.

Sorry, I guess my sarcasm in my post wasn't clear enough. :afro:

I did my DNA test and now I will be a regular on the " Vikings"

vikings-season-2-02.jpg

Sorry, I guess my sarcasm in my post wasn't clear enough. :afro:

Sorry.............reaction I guess...................just came off of a thread where Guno and others were talking about how if you're not white, you're not right for this country.

Because relatives fight the best..

I recently had this test and while it found the two basic identities our family claimed, I also have roughly ten percent of two areas I would not have considered and smaller amounts of several other areas. Do a DNA test sometime you may find you are not who you thought you were.

"...[T]he most important identity we can acknowledge in another person is the identity of being an intelligent reflective human being." Stefan Collini 'That's Offensive'

Of course we're all related. The first humans lived in Africa and moved everywhere else.

I disagree totally. Guno and Jake Starkey are completely unique animals unlike any other known forms of life.

Ever notice they are never online at the same time?

Not saying one is a sock puppet of the other.....only questioning whether there are two "minds" sharing a single 12-year old body.

Where in Hell is Fr. Damien Karras when USMB needs him most?

go back far enough and we are related to chimps, so what? There has been enough time passed that we have evolved down some separate pathways, we are not the same

The IQ curve between blacks and whites is offset by about 15 points with an asymmetric black bulge towards the low side. Sure in any black population there will be some on the bright side, and American blacks have some European DNA from the slave masters banging their slaves, but the fact is that for every one of those chiefs there are about 10 black men that either failed high school or are in jail. Anecdotes are meaningless.

Ever been to a Thanksgiving dinner?

Ever been to a Thanksgiving dinner?

Actually, yeah, I have been to a Thanksgiving dinner. Several in fact, and when I was growing up, my Grandmother made sure that everyone played nice. And, when I got older and was invited, all the friends that I had dinner with had relatives that were pretty nice and loving.

But..............to be fair..............I HAVE heard some of the horror stories, and I see them on the holiday editions of comedies, and I know that sometimes dinners can be a bit on the tense side.

Forum List

Back