Dixie Chicks Shut Out at AMC Awards

red states rule

May 30, 2006
Ah, the poor Dixie Chicks did not get a single nomination for the AMC awards set for May 15 in Las Vegas.

Perhaps country music fans have not forgotten all their insults and cheap shots the Chicks took at Pres Bush and contry music fans

http://www.courant.com/features/lif...rtmar06,0,445415.story?coll=hc-headlines-life
The Dixie Chicks, winners of five Grammys, including song, record and album of the year, received no nominations from the academy, comprising performers and country music industry professionals. The group also was shut out of the Country Music Association awards.

And this is relevent to American politics .... how?

This post isn't in the politics forum it is in the current events forum ms. observant.

The Dixie Chicks are decent musicians it's their music that sucks. Subject matter, style or lack of, writing, attitude.....all of it sucks. I hate even looking at them.

This post isn't in the politics forum it is in the current events forum ms. observant.

The Dixie Chicks are decent musicians it's their music that sucks. Subject matter, style or lack of, writing, attitude.....all of it sucks. I hate even looking at them.

Sounds like you care a lot about what they say and do...

Im sure the Dixie chicks care Red States while you sit in your trailer park and they go home to rest in their mansions. Yeap, looks like America has treated them real poorly.

Im sure the Dixie chicks care Red States while you sit in your trailer park and they go home to rest in their mansions. Yeap, looks like America has treated them real poorly.

I guess all of those canceled tour stops just don't matter. They even had to cancel their Houston stop because of lack of ticket sales. Concert tours are where music acts make their real money.

The grammys have proven to be as meaningless as a Nobel prize, nothing but politically pushed crap. The only reason the dimwit chicks won anything was the overwhelming stupidity of the recording industry. They supported these dufusses in order to make an extremely lame ass statement against the Bush Administration.

I haven't bought a CD in years and will not monetarily support any performer that opens their ignorant mouth, I don't care about their political opinions. If they do happen to put out anything I do want, I'll get it for free. It certainly isn't hard for me to borrow any CD that is out and copy it. I have over 550 CDs and about 4000 songs in my itunes files so it certainly not that I don't buy music.

Dixie Chicks Cancel Some U.S. Tour Stops, Replace with Canadian Shows
Posted by Matthew Sheffield on August 8, 2006 - 13:10.
Despite lots of promotion from the entertainment media, the Dixie Chicks seem to have offended their fan base too much. The lefty group has been forced to cancel shows in 14 states, replacing them with Canadian ones, the AP reports:

Several concerts on the Dixie Chicks'"Accidents & Accusations" tour have been canceled after slow ticket sales, but the group says it has replaced them with other dates.

Kansas City, Houston, St. Louis, Memphis and Knoxville are among 14 cities no longer on the original schedule released in May, according to a revised itinerary posted Thursday on the Dixie Chick's Web site.

Other shows, including Nashville, Los Angeles, Denver and Phoenix, have been pushed back to later dates.

The North American leg of the tour kicked off July 21 in Detroit. Billboard magazine and other trade publications have reported lackluster sales in some markets, particularly in the South and Midwest.

Group spokeswoman Kathy Allmand said Monday that the total number of North American dates remains the same, with several Canadian cities added in place of the U.S. shows.

The trio released a statement last week attributing the changes to attempts to "accommodate demand" and said more dates might be added next year.

http://newsbusters.org/node/6843

Country music stars have always been among the first in the music biz to put their support behind our troops. And about that “ultra-patriotism”? Maines is quoted as saying:

“The entire country may disagree with me, but I don’t understand the necessity for patriotism,” Maines resumes, through gritted teeth. “Why do you have to be a patriot? About what? This land is our land? Why? You can like where you live and like your life, but as for loving the whole country… I don’t see why people care about patriotism.?"

Taking pride in your country and what it stands for?

Country music stars have always been among the first in the music biz to put their support behind our troops. And about that “ultra-patriotism”? Maines is quoted as saying:

“The entire country may disagree with me, but I don’t understand the necessity for patriotism,” Maines resumes, through gritted teeth. “Why do you have to be a patriot? About what? This land is our land? Why? You can like where you live and like your life, but as for loving the whole country… I don’t see why people care about patriotism.?"

Taking pride in your country and what it stands for?

Just like Hollywood asswipes, she doesn't have a clue. This is one of the reasons that I couldn't give a shit about most song lyrics, it's all about the money, what bullshit can we write that will sell, will make some fans cry. This little troll shows just how sincere she is in this quote, I'm ashamed that she is from the state I live in......she is easily the least talented musician of the group which is why she has the biggest mouth.

I'm confident their shun was in direct reference to the Grammy's. I think some are still trying to make a point about their ridiculous perpetuation of politics into their entertainment, where it obviously doesn't belong. I hate this band, and I think their music is horrible, but I also despise any musicians that bring politics into their shows. Entertain damnit, don't try to use your microphones to speak politics to us!

In other news of equal importance:

LeBron James not asked to play in the European Basketball League!
Jeff Gordon not asked to race in the Busch Series!
Wayne Gretsky not asked to play broomball!

Who cares about the ACM Awards? I mean, really, how significant can they be when the original poster of this thread even called them the "AMC Awards" (not just once, but twice... once in the thread title and once in the post)! You'd think if they were that important red state would have noticed. Allow me to introduce you to the real music awards... : http://www.grammy.com/

All this is is sour grapes from the crowd who proved to be utterly wrong when they touted the Dixie Chicks impending demise. Thank you for your collective "Waahhhhhhh"

Strike another win for freedom of speech supported by capitalism. Everything else is secondary.

In other news of equal importance:

LeBron James not asked to play in the European Basketball League!
Jeff Gordon not asked to race in the Busch Series!
Wayne Gretsky not asked to play broomball!

Who cares about the ACM Awards? I mean, really, how significant can they be when the original poster of this thread even called them the "AMC Awards" (not just once, but twice... once in the thread title and once in the post)! You'd think if they were that important red state would have noticed. Allow me to introduce you to the real music awards... : http://www.grammy.com/

All this is is sour grapes from the crowd who proved to be utterly wrong when they touted the Dixie Chicks impending demise. Thank you for your collective "Waahhhhhhh"

Strike another win for freedom of speech supported by capitalism. Everything else is secondary.

bravo!

I never liked any of there music..they can sing pretty though..Just was not into there tunes...

They did jump the gun..making such a big political statement at the begining of the Iraq Invasion...If they would of said the same shit now...maybe there ratings would go up...Who's to say.

I was pretty pissed when they said a bunch of shit...because they didn't know what the hell they were saying to begin with....Alot of people don't even have a clue..or can grasp how this world goes around.

I remember a clip with that ding bat Britney Spears supporting the war when it started...trusting Bush..These people are not..and should not be a spokesman for a political side...More than often they come out looking like an ass....George Cloony is another one.

These are the people...that get into...well make an ass of themselves is all I can think off...

I'm bumbed about Cat Stevens though...that guy had some good tunes...till he had his encounter with that Muslim figure when he was out surfing....

All performers..and singers should use Deloris O'Riordon of the Cranberries as an example....Now that's a woman..(smile)...Sexiest babe alive...with a head on her shoulders..."Peace"..:)

George Clooney is pretty switched on, as is Natalie Maines. Britney - hhhmmm'....' nuff said I reckon...

Deloris O'Roidon - now whatever happened to her...

George Clooney is pretty switched on, as is Natalie Maines. Britney - hhhmmm'....' nuff said I reckon...

Deloris O'Roidon - now whatever happened to her...

I guess I look at George Cloony..as Sean Penn tackling world affairs...They both mean well...so I can't bash them for caring..I guess they try though...but the Dixie Chicks just say there opinions....They should go over to Iran & Iraq..and meet these people over there like Sean Penn did...(smile)..:)

That movie Three Kings...that Cloony was in...That Iraq War movie...is that of like Rambo in Afghanistan...

Deloris O'Roidon started making babies with a lucky Canadian guy...go figure..:)

Peace..:)

I guess I look at George Cloony..as Sean Penn tackling world affairs...They both mean well...so I can't bash them for caring..I guess they try though...but the Dixie Chicks just say there opinions....They should go over to Iran & Iraq..and meet these people over there like Sean Penn did...(smile)..:)

That movie Three Kings...that Cloony was in...That Iraq War movie...is that of like Rambo in Afghanistan...

Deloris O'Roidon started making babies with a lucky Canadian guy...go figure..:)

Peace..:)

I liked the album with Zombie on it. The second album got absolutely slated by rock critics, but I never really heard it. I liked her voice tho'...Cool that she got a life outsida the music industry...

We all know the diverse makeup of the Hollywood elite and how they really feel about the Mid West and South

Trust me, they feel the same about the Hollywood crowd

We all know the diverse makeup of the Hollywood elite and how they really feel about the Mid West and South

Trust me, they feel the same about the Hollywood crowd

you never cease to amaze me at how you seem to think you know what other people think and feel - especially those who espouse opinions diametrically opposed to yours.

you never cease to amaze me at how you seem to think you know what other people think and feel - especially those who espouse opinions diametrically opposed to yours.

so on top of all your other drivil you are now saying Hollywood is NOT overwhelming liberal?

Forum List

Back