Divisive over one Choice, but what about all the other choices?

LibertyKid

Platinum Member
May 26, 2021
Context: I am in the middle in the abortion conversation. Rape and incest (Let's agree incest is rape), I can't force a woman to carry that child. Life of the mother, also another decision that is up to the mother, father and whomever they would deem to help make a decision.

What concerns me about this entire debate is the negation over all other choices. The narrative that I read, whether in the news or via SM presents pregnancy as an unknown cause, as if a woman has a virus, disease, or bacterial infection where the cause is unknown. Woman deserve healthcare!! That is true, I don't disagree, but the statement reduces the act of reproduction and the potential outcome, pregnancy, as some type of terrible illness by which either person involved had no knowledge of what could happen when vaginal intercourse occurs with male ejaculation in the vagina.

My point, pregnancy is terribly avoidable. However we live in very hyper sexualized era where we celebrate sex and sexual encounters of every kind. But these celebrations of sex seem to always forget the potential outcome of sex between a male and female. Could you imagine how well W.A.P. would have been received if their was a verse that talked about a WAP when it's going through child birth. Think about how that song even states "WAP make that pullout game weak". What is this implying to men, and women? Are songs like WAP advocating for responsible sexual choices?

As for choices, men, ladies, if you know the moment is right, and birth control isn't happening, or there is a chance because of a missed pill, etc., I'm not saying don't have sex, but what I am saying, is have the responsible kind of sex. Two people can enjoy sex without vaginal sex. There are many ways a man and woman can enjoy sex that doesn't include vaginal intercourse... Make the right kind of sexual choice.

Ladies, if the douchebag your with is pressuring you to have sex without a condom and their is no other BC present or active, don't give in. Please? Instead, pleasure each other another way. And if the pressure is still there, drop that douchebag.

We can do better as humans and as a society. What I am advocating is that abortion should not be the only choice, but that as responsible humans, we can make better choices when it comes to sex and the partners we choose. That we take more responsibility for the potential outcome of sex and stop treating pregnancy as if it is some terrible disease that neither partner knew could happen.

What concerns me about this entire debate is the negation over all other choices.

So exactly who are these people who are supposedly saying "You can't use birth control!' or "You can't be abstinent!"?

Last I checked, it was the liberals trying to educate people on these matters, and the conservatives screaming how that made them pedos.

So exactly who are these people who are supposedly saying "You can't use birth control!' or "You can't be abstinent!"?

Last I checked, it was the liberals trying to educate people on these matters, and the conservatives screaming how that made them pedos.
I'm not sure who is saying you can't use BC other than Catholics.
What I'm saying is that pregnancy is the outcome of sex and should not be treated like a disease, illness, etc.
There are many choice that two people can make to negate the opportunity of pregnancy. What I'm stating that if better choices were made prior to sex, then the last choice to have an abortion would be even less.

I'm asking for sensible humans to be better humans and to make better choices around sex. Value our ability to reproduce and create life by protecting the potential life you could make and then potentially having to destroy that life.
I'm not one to ban abortions, but I really think the narrative that I'm see espoused has reduced the value of human life and our ability to create life.

Yes, but you lie all the time.

People choose to have sex without birth control because the left has taught them for decades that if the woman gets pregnant, no problem. Just go have the little parasite/clump of cells vacuumed out. No harm, no foul, no consequences. Simple! We support a woman's right to choose -- as long as she chooses abortion.

So there are people who use abortion as birth control, thanks to the left's pro-abortion agenda. What should be a difficult, heart-wrenching decision has been relegated to the same emotional investment as removing an ingrown toenail, thanks to the left's insistence that human life is worthless.

As far as abstinence goes, the left freaks out every time someone suggests teaching it to teenagers. "People are going to have sex! You don't need to teach them about something they're never going to do!"

Yes, but you lie all the time.
I didn't ask you to jump in and show your butthurt.

I asked who what people were saying "You can't use birth control!' or "You can't be abstinent!". Other than those on the right, that is. Everyoone knows the right often says both of those things, especially to the underage girls that they groom into becoming child brides.

In response, you went off on a lie-a-thon, in order to justify your sick perverse hatred.

I suppose that's why small children and dogs reflexively shy away from you. They sense something is wrong. You. Are. Not. Normal.

Last edited:
I didn't ask you to jump in and show your butthrt.whimper and rage.
I have no need to. SCOTUS returned two decisions that support freedom. You hate that.
I asked who what people were saying "You can't use birth control!' or "You can't be abstinent!". Other than those on the right, that is.

In response, you went off on a lie-a-thon, in order to justify your sick perverse hatred.
The only lies here are yours. Every word I said is true. Your little bitch-fit does not alter reality.
I suppose that's why small children and dogs reflexively shy away from you. They sense something is wrong. You. Are. Not. Normal.
You want unborn people slaughtered when they're inconvenient. You are not normal.

You want unborn people slaughtered when they're inconvenient. You are not normal.
Come on. You don't think embryos are people. Nobody does.

Specks aren't people. Even my cat knows that, and she has a brain the size of a walnut. Presumably your brain is larger, so you know it too. You just choose to lie about it.

And boy howdy, do the pro-liars get angry when I point out the obvious. I threaten their hate-fix, so they react with junkie-rage. You know, like your posts.

Come on. You don't think embryos are people. Nobody does.

Specks aren't people. Even my cat knows that, and she has a brain the size of a walnut. Presumably your brain is larger, so you know it too. You just choose to lie about it.

And boy howdy, do the pro-liars get angry when I point out the obvious. I threaten their hate-fix, so they react with junkie-rage. You know, like your posts.
Humans are human from the moment of conception. You have to completely ignore science to believe otherwise.

But if there's one thing leftists are good at, it's ignoring science.

Meanwhile, how many times have you screeched the N-word at Justice Thomas when you see him on television?

Very little conversation... why? Why don't we want to talk about all the other available choices before having to make the One Choice? Why don't we want to talk about sexual responsibility?

Very little conversation... why? Why don't we want to talk about all the other available choices before having to make the One Choice? Why don't we want to talk about sexual responsibility?
What I am not hearing is that you have decided to adopt. Can you explain why that is?

Chastising women has been able to accomplish what exactly? How will this time have a different outcome then the last time that this was done? I mean if we are all going to sit around and point fingers then I think these questions should be addressed. Don't you think? At all?

What I am not hearing is that you have decided to adopt. Can you explain why that is?

Chastising women has been able to accomplish what exactly? How will this time have a different outcome then the last time that this was done? I mean if we are all going to sit around and point fingers then I think these questions should be addressed. Don't you think? At all?
Have you decided to go out and perform vigilante abortions? No? Can you explain why that is?

Have you decided to go out and perform vigilante abortions? No? Can you explain why that is?
I don't have to. Do you see men becoming anymore accountable because of this? If not, should they be?

Of course they should be. Did you think I'd say men don't have to be responsible about sex?
It's the should. If we are going to finger wag at women and there is no "my body my choice" then maybe we need to start holding men responsible. Now the OP wanted to talk about all of these other choices and then when he got what he wanted he couldn't handle "conversation".

The argument tends to go to the extreme examples. Most reasonable pro-lifers are willing to concede to abortion in the case of rape and incest issues but the other side of the isle won't concede a freaking thing. Noted philander and president Bill Clinton paraded a sad array of women who claimed their lives were saved because of partial birth abortion during his photo op when he vetoed the bill which would have ended the infanticide. It's never a good idea to reverse a natural birth inside a woman to cause a breach birth. How is that a logical medical procedure when a woman alleges that her life is in danger? The late term or "partial birth abortion" procedure involves a grotesque procedure where the full term baby is inches from birth and life when it is killed by a needle in the back of the head and it's brain is sucked out so that it's head shrinks and it drops down to a stainless table. What kind of monsters would make a living doing that? The point is that Bill Clinton convinced the fawning media and loyal minions that his veto was medically sound and left wing abortionists didn't have to give up a method of killing that everyone knew was abhorrent to humanity.

Forum List

Back