Diversity in France

I remember the first time I went there. Took a train into Paris from Germany. Walking out of Gare du Nord was like being in Africa…or Detroit.

Even walking around the tourist areas, you constantly get hounded by Algerian Africans trying to sell you shit.

I never experienced that.

I suspect there are big problems in France and I am taking that from a French man on another forum. He comes from a strongly left background but has found himself moving further to the right and being interested in Le Pen. Seems there is a lot of talk on this level which people cannot but hear regularly. I also read that a lot of the young, students for interest, get caught up in it because they know nothing about the far right and again get told this is how it is, in papers. They then think well if immigrants are wanting to (do something which will harm them) then maybe Le Pen is right.

Then you have the outrageous behaviour of the police when they are on marches. They are about as vicious as you would expect in North Korea.

French peoples could be very Contradictory because they complain about Macron but they all went to vote for him and many are antis Americans ( i not at all ) they prefer their enemies but the country is beautiful to live in
I thought Le Pen was going to get in last time because the people were so fed up with Macron and there is an exceptionally strong far right rhetoric. I was amazed and very pleased to see that the French still came out to vote for Macron. You will know that the reason for that was not because they love Macron but because they always come out against the far right. I was well impressed with them.

Last edited:
does france have hate crime laws?
Yes.

Brigitte Bardot, the sexy movie star of the 1950s, has been fined several times for saying unkind things about migrants of a certain religion.

For example, she has claimed that young ladies of that certain religion have ruined the prostitution business. (Hear tell the government is even considering outlawing prostitution.)

I thought Le Pen was going to get in last time because the people were so fed up with Macron and there is an exceptionally strong far right rhetoric. I was amazed and very pleased to see that the French still came out to vote for Macron. You will know that the reason for that was not because they love Macron but because they always come out against the far right. I was well impressed with them.
Well i am not impress at all with them because now a lot of French regret their votes because Macaroni wan't to pass in force a pension reform that the French do not want and he even threatens to dissolve the assembly if it does not get what he wants.

Well i am not impress at all with them because now a lot of French regret their votes because Macaroni wan't to pass in force a pension reform that the French do not want and he even threatens to dissolve the assembly if it does not get what he wants.
It wasn't Macron I was impressed with. Would you have been happy to have Le Pen? I hear her economic policies are tempting whereas Macron will still be trying to get his neo liberalism into France. If I am remembering correctly the left wing guy was beaten by Le Pen by a tiny amount. Maybe he was who people should have voted for. Macron is a bit of a fool to carry on pushing the pension thing.

It wasn't Macron I was impressed with. Would you have been happy to have Le Pen? I hear her economic policies are tempting whereas Macron will still be trying to get his neo liberalism into France. If I am remembering correctly the left wing guy was beaten by Le Pen by a tiny amount. Maybe he was who people should have voted for. Macron is a bit of a fool to carry on pushing the pension thing.
If you mean eric zemmour? he did everything he could to pick up some votes from the RN Lepen and it didn’t work because she won 89 deputies at the National Assembly and yes if Macaroni forced the passage of retirement pension it won’t be very nice to see in France.

If you mean eric zemmour? he did everything he could to pick up some votes from the RN Lepen and it didn’t work because she won 89 deputies at the National Assembly and yes if Macaroni forced the passage of retirement pension it won’t be very nice to see in France.
No I was talking about Melenchon. He was like 1 vote or 1% behind Le Pen. If those who oppose the far right had got behind him, then maybe they would be happier than with Macron now.

No I was talking about Melenchon. He was like 1 vote or 1% behind Le Pen. If those who oppose the far right had got behind him, then maybe they would be happier than with Macron now.

Okay, Melenchon try to group other parties before the presidential election with the left and the environmentalists, he is of the extreme left but they refused and now they said yes and became the NUPE in the National Assembly they have 133 seats .

Okay, Melenchon try to group other parties before the presidential election with the left and the environmentalists, he is of the extreme left but they refused and now they said yes and became the NUPE in the National Assembly they have 133 seats .
I have had a quick look at this New Ecological and Social People's Union - Wikipedia

It seems they achieved what they wanted in so far as making sure Macron did not get an overall majority but were disappointed that they did not do better and that Le Pen's party still got 89 seats. So Macron may not be able to have his way over pensions or in France does the President have the ability to do whatever s/he wants?

J’ai jeté un coup d’œil rapide à cette nouvelle Union des peuples écologiques et sociaux — Wikipédia

Il semble qu’ils aient obtenu ce qu’ils voulaient en veillant à ce que Macron n’obtienne pas une majorité globale, mais ils ont été déçus de ne pas avoir fait mieux et que le parti de Le Pen ait encore obtenu 89 sièges. Donc, Macron ne sera peut-être pas en mesure de se frayer un chemin sur les retraites ou en France, le président a-t-il la capacité de faire ce qu’il veut?

Yes, he does because he could pass in force by using the 49.3

I give you a link in French about the meaning of 49.3 then you could use the traduction in English ;)

Article 49.3 : c'est quoi ? Utilisé pour réformer les retraites ?

Yes, most of the oppositions are against this reform a little less the Republicans (the right) but it is after the objections of the oppositions that the Prime Minister will come out on 49.3 to force the passage of retirement

Forum List

Back