CDZ Discussion on the Johnson & Johnson Vaccine

phoenyx

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2016
Canada
Seeing as how some believe that some Covid vaccines may be better than others, I thought I'd start making threads for individual vaccines. Seeing as how the Johnson & Johnson vaccine was paused in the U.S. yesterday, I thought I'd start this thread with an article on that story.

Breaking: U.S. Pauses Johnson & Johnson Vaccine, Citing ‘Rare’ Blood Clots

The CDC and FDA called for a temporary but immediate halt to the use of J&J’s COVID vaccine while they investigate at least six cases of potentially dangerous blood clots in people who received the vaccine.

Federal agencies today said they will stop using the single-shot Johnson & Johnson (J&J) COVID vaccine at mass vaccination sites while they investigate the vaccine’s possible link to potentially dangerous blood clots. States and other providers also are expected to pause vaccinations.

In a joint statement from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the agencies said they are investigating six cases of blood clots in the U.S. All six occurred in women between the ages of 18 and 48, and symptoms occurred six to 13 days after vaccination.

One woman died and a second woman in Nebraska was hospitalized and is in critical condition, The New York Times reported.

The CDC will convene a meeting of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices Wednesday to further review the cases and assess their potential significance. The FDA will review that analysis, according to the joint statement.

The agencies said that until “that process is complete, we are recommending a pause in the use of this vaccine out of an abundance of caution.”

Full article here:

Well the CDC has reported that 472 people died after receiving a Moderna vaccine, while 489 died after receiving a Pfizer vaccine.

Nothing is guaranteed. They put it on hold and they now need to find out who should not get the shot. I got the shot a few weeks ago.

Idk why people are still going to take them. The vaccinated are still getting covid. They are already talking about it not affecting mask usage, indoor gatherings etc
So, it wont change anything, you can still get sick and you are injecting an experiment into your arm.
1618424569412.png

Idk why people are still going to take them. The vaccinated are still getting covid. They are already talking about it not affecting mask usage, indoor gatherings etc
So, it wont change anything, you can still get sick and you are injecting an experiment into your arm.
View attachment 479830

Agreed. And there's now an Israeli study showing that taking the Pfizer Covid Vaccine actually makes your chances of getting infected with covid variants higher. Hardly surprising for those who have been following research suggesting that this type of thing was likely to happen with regular Covid as well.

{...

Guillain-Barré and Vaccines: What You Need to Know​

The link between the rare neurological disorder and the Johnson & Johnson Covid-19 vaccine may be real, but the risk appears to be very small.

By Emily Anthes
July 12, 2021
Leer en español
Johnson & Johnson’s beleaguered Covid-19 vaccine may be associated with a small increased risk of Guillain–Barré syndrome, a rare but potentially serious neurological condition, federal officials said on Monday. The Food and Drug Administration has added a warning about the potential side effect to its fact sheets about the vaccine.
The risk appears to be very small. So far, there have been 100 reports of the syndrome in people who had received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Nearly 13 million doses of the vaccine have been administered in the United States.
Here are answers to some common questions about the syndrome and its connection to vaccination.

What is Guillain-Barré syndrome?​

Guillain-Barré is a rare condition in which the body’s immune system attacks nerve cells. It can cause muscle weakness and paralysis. Although the symptoms often pass within weeks, in some cases, the condition can cause permanent nerve damage. In the United States, there are typically 3,000 to 6,000 cases of the syndrome per year, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It is most common in adults over 50.
The precise cause of the syndrome is unknown, but in many cases the condition follows another illness or infection, such as the flu. It has also been reported in people with Covid-19.
It is not entirely clear why some vaccines may cause Guillain-Barré. “We don’t really understand the biological mechanism,” Dr. Salmon said. “It’s an incredible frustration.”
One hundred reports of the syndrome after vaccination with the Johnson & Johnson shot have been submitted to the federal Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), officials said on Monday. Of those, 95 cases resulted in hospitalization, and one was fatal.

The syndrome was generally reported about two weeks after vaccination, primarily in men, many of whom were 50 or older, officials said.
...}

Just reading that 99.5 of new virus deaths are the unvaccinated the rest are those who have been vaccinated. No links, waiting for more information on this on going medical fight that has become political. Why it has makes no sense to me. But then am pro vaccination, If it saves just one more life than not getting vaccinated.

I'm not getting one until I see if there are any long term affects. That is, unless I'm forced to. I place to travel abroad soon. So I may have to get one.

I have a very high immune system, haven't had the flu or a cold in decades. So I think I'd be one of the ones who wouldn't even know if they had it or not.
My reasons for not getting vaccinated: They've been working on the flu Rx for decades and haven't found an actual vaccine. But this pops up and within a year or so, they have a vaccine? With very little time for long term testing.
Yeah, that makes the whole thing questionable. and not worthy of my trust.

New Topics

Forum List

Back