Disco music makes huge comeback ! D.J.'s are now millionairs$! Is Rock music Dead?

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
I saw a few post with people laughing at the night the Cleavland Indians blew up hundreds of Disco
records!. Just would like to say that many Rock N' Rollers and rock bands are going broke, while many
D.J.'s are now millionairs.

Can one of you Rock N' Roll lovers explain to me why this huge resurgence of Disco music? and the EDM
electronic Dance Music genre seems to be skyrocketing now!
Who killed Rock N' Roll music? and Heavy metal music?. Is Rock really dead.? not to many Rock music radio stations anymore?

I saw a few post with people laughing at the night the Cleavland Indians blew up hundreds of Disco
records!. Just would like to say that many Rock N' Rollers and rock bands are going broke, while many

Can one of you Rock N' Roll lovers explain to me why this huge resurgence of Disco music? and the EDM
Who killed Rock N' Roll music? and Heavy metal music?. Is Rock really dead.? not to many Rock music radio stations anymore?
I've always liked disco music. It's lively -- and it makes me wish I were 65 again.

There is no "resurgence of disco 'music' " except in the psychobabble of your posts. And what a disgusting thing to say about your culture.

Nor are there many millionaire DJs. And btw it was the Chicago White Sox, not the Cleveland Indians.

Rock's been dead for a long time though. It was dead before disco infested. Who killed it? Co-optation killed it. When it became Corporate Rock it was officially zombified.

There is no "resurgence of disco 'music' " except in the psychobabble of your posts. And what a disgusting thing to say about your culture.

Nor are there many millionaire DJs. And btw it was the Chicago White Sox, not the Cleveland Indians.

Rock's been dead for a long time though. It was dead before disco infested. Who killed it? Co-optation killed it. When it became Corporate Rock it was officially zombified.

I don't know, Pogo. This is the best video EVER!

:banana::banana::banana:

Steve Dahl and Disco Demolition!

He's on WLS AM 890, afternoons. 2-6pm.

There are still plenty of fans of Rock and Roll, obviously. I think the problem is that it's the younger generations who are going to concerts and things, so they are the ones bringing in the money, so you get your "pop" hits. Billboard and stuff is based on album sales. Most older people who like rock and roll already have their collections that they listen to. That's my opinion anyway. Disco isn't coming back either. Hip hop and rap are what sells now.

There are still plenty of fans of Rock and Roll, obviously. I think the problem is that it's the younger generations who are going to concerts and things, so they are the ones bringing in the money, so you get your "pop" hits. Billboard and stuff is based on album sales. Most older people who like rock and roll already have their collections that they listen to. That's my opinion anyway. Disco isn't coming back either. Hip hop and rap are what sells now.

Sadly I think you're right.
Hmmm.... on second thought, yeah bring back disco. I forgot how much worse it could get.

c9316968b4418093c8e456d64ad9d1fe0625f59d_r.gif

Last edited:
Evidently you people have never heard of Alternative rock....or new rock....

I prefer progressive death metal, death metal, black metal, melodic death and symphonic metal... (also gangsta rap and drum&bass lol)

I used to listen to alternative stuff like nu metal, but once I discovered the more epic forms of metal, my tastes had permanently evolved. Additionally, genres like punk rock and emo just never appealed to me. At all.

Sadly I think you're right.
Hmmm.... on second thought, yeah bring back disco. I forgot how much worse it could get.

c9316968b4418093c8e456d64ad9d1fe0625f59d_r.gif

I like dancing, so I do like some of that type of music, but I can recognize that it doesn't take a whole lot of talent to create it. It's just for fun basically. :)

I prefer progressive death metal, death metal, black metal, melodic death and symphonic metal... (also gangsta rap and drum&bass lol)

I used to listen to alternative stuff like nu metal, but once I discovered the more epic forms of metal, my tastes had permanently evolved. Additionally, genres like punk rock and emo just never appealed to me. At all.

Everyone already knows you have terrible taste in music. :D

Everyone already knows you have terrible taste in music. :D
Yes, those vocalist of death metal seem to have no ability to enunciate words and every damn one sounds the same....

Forum List

Back