Disappointing partisanship from NRA CEO

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
I've always been a supporter of the NRA's cause, which as I understand it, is defending the 2nd Amendment. But this speech from Wayne LaPierre indicates that defending the 2nd Amendment has taken a back seat to supporting the GOP. That's very disappointing to me.

Sure, I know some of you will immediately dismiss this because it was run on the Daily Show, but the facts speak for themselves.

Wayne's World - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 09/29/11 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

For the last time, Stewart is not a source of news. He is a comedian. The Tea Party tries to put pressure on the GOP to support 2nd Amendment rights because the democrat party is a lost cause. Support for the 2nd Amendment and support for the GOP usually go hand in hand but not always.

• Banned
For the last time, Stewart is not a source of news. He is a comedian. The Tea Party tries to put pressure on the GOP to support 2nd Amendment rights because the democrat party is a lost cause. Support for the 2nd Amendment and support for the GOP usually go hand in hand but not always.

Right on queue with the dismissal :rolleyes:

The facts speak for themselves. This is one of those 'not always' times.

There are many reasons to be disappointed with Obama, but weakening the 2nd Amendment sure as shit ain't one of them.

• Banned
I was under the impression the NRA was the main lobbying arm of weapons manufacturers and dealers. That the 2nd amendment was not the purview of the NRA. Because the NRA ignores the "well regulated militia" bit.

So we can go ahead and add this to the already lengthy list of false impressions polluting your brain. :thup:

I've always been a supporter of the NRA's cause, which as I understand it, is defending the 2nd Amendment. But this speech from Wayne LaPierre indicates that defending the 2nd Amendment has taken a back seat to supporting the GOP. That's very disappointing to me.

Sure, I know some of you will immediately dismiss this because it was run on the Daily Show, but the facts speak for themselves.

Wayne's World - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 09/29/11 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

LaPierre and the NRA are in the GOP's back pocket.

I am not a gun person, but I feel the same way about the VFW. They won't get any of my money. I support the IAVA.

The NRA is an Evil Lobby Group for the Republican Party. We must stop them from purchasing America one election at a time.

I was under the impression the NRA was the main lobbying arm of weapons manufacturers and dealers. That the 2nd amendment was not the purview of the NRA. Because the NRA ignores the "well regulated militia" bit.

The people are the militia, dumb ass. Go get a history lesson.

The NRA is an Evil Lobby Group for the Republican Party. We must stop them from purchasing America one election at a time.

So you'll agree that we should stop the AFL-CIO, the SEIU, and the NEA too right? We don't want them purchasing America one election at a time, after all.

How exactly? It doesn't say "A well regulated militia is a requirement to keep and bare arms".

Mike

You must also be very disappointed to know that the AARP are full of liberal shills, as well as most major newspapers, all of the old "alphabet" TV networks and their cable spinoff networks, and virtually all labor unions.

I guess you have trouble with the wording "well regulated" then, eh? Not unusual for idiots of your ilk.

I guess you have trouble with the wording "well regulated" then, eh? Not unusual for idiots of your ilk.

If that phrase meant what you think it means, the 2nd Amendment would contradict itself.

But since it doesn't, all it means is that you're an idiot. In 18th century English, well-regulated meant well-prepared, not controlled by the government.

How exactly? It doesn't say "A well regulated militia is a requirement to keep and bare arms".

Mike

It doesn't say bare arms. There is nothing stopping you from "baring" your arms. Heck, you don't even have to have a permit to conceal them.

The 2nd Amendment aside just the thought of some people I've seen wanting to go around carrying a gun gives me the willies.

Attachments

• $guitar-redneck-gansta-redneck-guitar-gun-gangsta-1291577260.jpg
    $guitar-redneck-gansta-redneck-guitar-gun-gangsta-1291577260.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 42

If that phrase meant what you think it means, the 2nd Amendment would contradict itself.

But since it doesn't, all it means is that you're an idiot. In 18th century English, well-regulated meant well-prepared, not controlled by the government.
So who's doing the preparations? Who sets the standard for "prepared"? Or does "well regulated" mean well regulated?

The only phrase in the whole constitution that doesn't mean what it means if that meaning is understood as something with standards and well, how else to put it, regulations.

Forum List

Back