Disappointed

ErikViking

VIP Member
Apr 26, 2006
Stockholm - Sweden
Things are not going too well. (Iraq).

I think the US attack on Iraq was a hastened descision based on bad intelligence. The effort thereafter has been magnificent. US has taken full responsability and made it clear that Iraq is not going to abondoned. I can't find an historical example of such conquerers. US followed a possibly bad descion with character and consistency.

But now. (My suspicions alla along) Due to how a president can only stay in office for two periods, GWB has lost his ambition to DO right. Instead he is worried about how history will judge him. So Iraq has become an internal American political issue that no one really carries a serious intrest for. 20k troops to Iraq? Big deal. That doesn't do it in my eyes.

So what to do?

Maybe the time has come to take the responsability out of US hands. UN and EU has to side with US and all bad-will that resulted from this whole war needs to be forgotten. Instatly. We are talking about lives of innocent people whos country has been crippeled. Sadly enough i think Politicians in EU, UN and US has a long way to go before recognizing the only logical next step. Why can't those discussions be held right now? What is it that I fail to see here?

A lesson that US should have learned now:
Don't make any life/death comittments over an 8 year+ period. US political system doesn't support that.

A lesson that everyone should have learned by now:
Act on the current situation. WTF is wrong? People are still arguing about why the invasion was made, failing to see the good it brought and still might bring. Stopp whining and start helping instead!

I am disappointed in:

• GWB, for failing his comittment.
  • EU, for not being able to see beoynd their noses and thus creating even more problem. (Actually I think some people LIKE to see a US failiure just be able to point a finger later on. Disgusting.)
  • UN, for what it has become, although it isn't "it's" fault, since it is nothing more than the states represented.
  • My own government, for just avoiding taking a stand and speak up. We have a good tradition for peacekeeping and all that stuff. Wotrh nothing if we don't speak up.
  • Brittain, for saying one thing and doing another. Withdrawing troops but supporting US? How?
  • The Arab world, for counter-producing just "beacuse" and that way killing their own. "ALL intentions of US must be evil. Stop them from saving lives!" Is that how they think?
  • In most people, for only viewing the world from a predefined political standpoint.

I'm not so sure its clear that the President has lost his resolve yet. In fact, I think he is likely much like the rest of us. He wants Iraq to be done just as quickly and probably getting impatient with the lack of progress old tactics have been and the complaints by the media. I also think thats probably why he has been changing up his military advisors.

Granted, the President hasnt done the best he could with other areas. But I dont think Iraq is going to be one of the areas he starts pandering.

“How carefully most men creep into nameless graves, while now and again one or two forget themselves into immortality.” - Phillips Brooks

Ultimately, thats someone we need as a President. Someone who will forget about themselves and do whats best for the nation.

I'm not so sure its clear that the President has lost his resolve yet. In fact, I think he is likely much like the rest of us. He wants Iraq to be done just as quickly and probably getting impatient with the lack of progress old tactics have been and the complaints by the media. I also think thats probably why he has been changing up his military advisors.

Granted, the President hasnt done the best he could with other areas. But I dont think Iraq is going to be one of the areas he starts pandering.

“How carefully most men creep into nameless graves, while now and again one or two forget themselves into immortality.” - Phillips Brooks

Ultimately, thats someone we need as a President. Someone who will forget about themselves and do whats best for the nation.

Pandering!?! "Gross incompetence", "Malfeasance" and "High crimes and misdemeanors" are some descriptors of the Bush administrations handling of Iraq. But "pandering"...? Not unless you're talking about all the unbid contracts Haliburton, KBR, and others.

As for "...forgetting..." about himself, ain't gonna happen. No alcoholic ever forgets about himself...It's all about him.

Pandering!?! "Gross incompetence", "Malfeasance" and "High crimes and misdemeanors" are some descriptors of the Bush administrations handling of Iraq. But "pandering"...? Not unless you're talking about all the unbid contracts Haliburton, KBR, and others.

There aren't six companies in the WORLD that could have handled the problems facing a contractor in Iraq, Haliburton being one.

For success in Iraq, reconstruction needed to be on the "fast track", most would understand that small fact.

As for "...forgetting..." about himself, ain't gonna happen. No alcoholic ever forgets about himself...It's all about him.

A COMPLETELY uncalled for remark, adds NOTHING to the conversation, but DOES reinforce my feelings about the radical left.:cuckoo:

Things are not going too well. (Iraq).

I think the US attack on Iraq was a hastened descision based on bad intelligence. The effort thereafter has been magnificent. US has taken full responsability and made it clear that Iraq is not going to abondoned. I can't find an historical example of such conquerers. US followed a possibly bad descion with character and consistency.

But now. (My suspicions alla along) Due to how a president can only stay in office for two periods, GWB has lost his ambition to DO right. Instead he is worried about how history will judge him. So Iraq has become an internal American political issue that no one really carries a serious intrest for. 20k troops to Iraq? Big deal. That doesn't do it in my eyes.

So what to do?

Maybe the time has come to take the responsability out of US hands. UN and EU has to side with US and all bad-will that resulted from this whole war needs to be forgotten. Instatly. We are talking about lives of innocent people whos country has been crippeled. Sadly enough i think Politicians in EU, UN and US has a long way to go before recognizing the only logical next step. Why can't those discussions be held right now? What is it that I fail to see here?

A lesson that US should have learned now:
Don't make any life/death comittments over an 8 year+ period. US political system doesn't support that.

A lesson that everyone should have learned by now:
Act on the current situation. WTF is wrong? People are still arguing about why the invasion was made, failing to see the good it brought and still might bring. Stopp whining and start helping instead!

I am disappointed in:

• GWB, for failing his comittment.
  • EU, for not being able to see beoynd their noses and thus creating even more problem. (Actually I think some people LIKE to see a US failiure just be able to point a finger later on. Disgusting.)
  • UN, for what it has become, although it isn't "it's" fault, since it is nothing more than the states represented.
  • My own government, for just avoiding taking a stand and speak up. We have a good tradition for peacekeeping and all that stuff. Wotrh nothing if we don't speak up.
  • Brittain, for saying one thing and doing another. Withdrawing troops but supporting US? How?
  • The Arab world, for counter-producing just "beacuse" and that way killing their own. "ALL intentions of US must be evil. Stop them from saving lives!" Is that how they think?
  • In most people, for only viewing the world from a predefined political standpoint.

All in all, you are disappointed in everyone and everything.I haven't got an answer for you, only advice, look within yourself.

Predictable response Bullypulpit, you're like a broken record. Why don't we try this? You name what you consider a competent administration from the past so we have a better understanding of what you would rather see happening.

It's so very easy to come up with silly accusations about the current administration which you have proven ad nauseam. What is actually a challenge is to come up with intelligent solutions to the real problems that are dropped off on the President's desk every day, I haven't heard any from the political leftist and I haven't read any from you.... all you do is call the President sophomoric names, who couldn't do that? Try something new.

Predictable response Bullypulpit, you're like a broken record. Why don't we try this? You name what you consider a competent administration from the past so we have a better understanding of what you would rather see happening.

It's so very easy to come up with silly accusations about the current administration which you have proven ad nauseam. What is actually a challenge is to come up with intelligent solutions to the real problems that are dropped off on the President's desk every day, I haven't heard any from the political leftist and I haven't read any from you.... all you do is call the President sophomoric names, who couldn't do that? Try something new.

Come on sitarro, be reasonable, don't apply the same yardstick to Bully, as he applies to others.:eusa_eh:

New Topics

Forum List

Back