disappearing posts.

Not sure which Duck thread you mean but I did notice this one was merged with a completely unrelated Templar_Kormac thread about political partisanship...? Meanwhile there's still another unmerged Duck thread here. Perhaps the wrong two were merged?

Last edited:
I just thought maybe I had broken a rule or something. I know what thread it merged with and posted on the thread after the merge, but every post is gone. Weird.

Mistakes happen of course. But ultimately forums exist to make money. If something you posted did not help generate traffic which equals revenue they are of little value.

I just thought maybe I had broken a rule or something. I know what thread it merged with and posted on the thread after the merge, but every post is gone. Weird.

Mistakes happen of course. But ultimately forums exist to make money. If something you posted did not help generate traffic which equals revenue they are of little value.

And yet your posts are standing - so that can't be it.

I was pos repped 6 times for 3 posts on 3 different pages on the thread. The reps still exist but the posts don't. Just seems odd.

It would be nice if the mods were required to inform you what happened to your threads.

It would be nice if one was moved or merged, they put a little comment in there like-merged, similar topics or moved, polarizing OP, or moved to more appropriate forum. Sometimes they do, but it would be nice if they did it on all of them. And if they delete one, they should send you a little PM saying thread deleted because it violated our rule on, for example, discussing banned members or mod actions.

Hey, that reminds me, IBTL&D. :lol:

I agree Wolfsister. The topic could have been discussed in several forums. If you are discussing the religious aspect of the incident or the political aspect of the event merging threads because they have the same name in the title depreciates the intended content. I think the thread ended up in the I Love Lucy forum.

I agree Wolfsister. The topic could have been discussed in several forums. If you are discussing the religious aspect of the incident or the political aspect of the event merging threads because they have the same name in the title depreciates the intended content. I think the thread ended up in the I Love Lucy forum.

I don't like ducks too much but what I really hate are those hippopotomi worse because they are a cruel, trick question on 2nd grade English tests...and do not even get me started about those darn gooses.

And while we are at it, what is the deal with "moose". Is there like one of them or 50 bajillion of them out trompling along in my neighbor's strawberry patch.

I give up. Ricky Ricardo makes more sense. Now I am going to go press "ocho" to figure out what I just said...

"888888888888888"

Dammit. It never works!!!

The posts weren't inflammatory and were on topic. Are the mods the only ones that can delete posts?
Actually, there is a period of time after you make a post that you can delete it. There is also a longer period of time (I think it's longer...) after a post that it can be edited by you. In editing, you can delete all of the text, but you cannot remove the evidence that you posted something.

I don't know what the time limit of each of these features happens to be, but i have used both of them...once when i started a thread that i didn't know already existed, i simply deleted my post. several times i have inadvertently made duplicate posts and successfully deleted one of them.

I once wanted to go back and edit a post I had made a year or two before...and was denied that action. I can understand the need for a time limit on deletion and editing...and I understand why we cannot edit initial titles of thread-opening posts without asking admin to do it for us. (I did that once when I started a thread while in a drunken stupor!)

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back