Disappearing brick & mortar.

Spokane has lost three more brick & mortar(B&M) outlets. Two of those closed B&M outlets belonged to the "White Elephant", one on Division st. & the other outlet located out east in Spokane Valley. Pier 51 Imports is closing it's doors also which is located just a few blocks south of the now closed White Elephant on Division st. If this trend keeps going unemployment could become a real problem not to mention LOST LOCAL TAXATION(revenue). Will taxation & government programs have to be rolled back, or worse for many, eliminated??? Or will Americans have to surrender their Liberties to a cashless based dictatorial command & control government like north Korea because of a lack of both income & growth? Quality of life replaced by labor camps? Can labor robots provide an income for everyone of us? I travel east on Sprague ave. in Spokane & can't help noticing the vacant ot partially vacant strip malls. Even the "Boyd Walker Sewing Machine Company" store on the corner of Sprague & Napa is gone. They specialized in PFAFF(pfaff got bought out also) brand sewing machines. I bought my first PFAFF model 145-3 power machine for doing auto upholstery @ Boyd Walker clear back in 1970. Boyd Walker gone. Pfaff gone, both replaced by/with online disposable inexpensive Chinese made copies. Is this all politically inspired??? Are our elected officials being purchased by mega corporations that in turn are devoured by even more powerful mega corporations? If this is possible I then have to ask... where does it all end up for us???
Deal with it! I'm scared!

It ends with a corporate oligarchy, where corporations are all powerful, and control who works and who doesn't. Those who are compliant, reliable and "don't make trouble", will be given subsistence wages, but not enough to go out on their own, or do more than provide a basic life. The middle class will be prisoners to their student debt all of their working life.

You voted for this with your tax cuts for billionaires. I don't know why Republican voters fail to understand this.

Yes, and progressive policies that you want, are making it happen. Congrats, you're a fascist.

Not even a zombie apocalypse will cause Democrats to cut taxes. In fact they are all threatening to RAISE TAXES during this pandemic.

We hit 20 trillion in debt and we aren't done yet. Sooner or later, the piper has to be paid. Once the Pandemic is gotten under control (it's out of control for the next few months) then that bill has to start being paid. And how can they repay even part of it? Not by borrowing more from the World Banks but by raising taxes. When Reagan was running for Governor of California, he claimed low taxes. But after he got into office, he noted the Californian State Government was nearing bankruptcy. He raised taxes. The US Government is headed that way fast.

Not even a zombie apocalypse will cause Democrats to cut taxes. In fact they are all threatening to RAISE TAXES during this pandemic.

We hit 20 trillion in debt and we aren't done yet. Sooner or later, the piper has to be paid. Once the Pandemic is gotten under control (it's out of control for the next few months) then that bill has to start being paid. And how can they repay even part of it? Not by borrowing more from the World Banks but by raising taxes. When Reagan was running for Governor of California, he claimed low taxes. But after he got into office, he noted the Californian State Government was nearing bankruptcy. He raised taxes. The US Government is headed that way fast.

Not necessarily......once everyone gets back to work and no more stimulus packages or 'expanded' unemployment benefits are being paid out, and money is flowing again, then we can start looking at bringing pharmaceuticals & other manufacturing jobs home, that would equal more jobs paying into that debt.......taxes wouldn't have to be raised

LMAO are you really that naïve? ^^^ This fool thinks politicians in Washington will use the tax increases to pay down the debt. :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

So your solution is to tax the middle class into oblivion? Looking back over our history every time there has been a tax increase the wealthy seem to get richer.

how is that?

So your solution is to tax the middle class into oblivion? Looking back over our history every time there has been a tax increase the wealthy seem to get richer. how is that?

Because the rich can pass down the tax increases to the middle class. The rich don't have to stand there and take it up the ass. Dems know this and lie because it doesn't fit their tax the rich narrative. Dems need a bad guy to blame, period. So they blame the 'rich' and the masses eat it up oblivious to the fact they are cheering taxes they will ultimately pay.

So your solution is to tax the middle class into oblivion? Looking back over our history every time there has been a tax increase the wealthy seem to get richer.

how is that?

We are already being taxed more. I am the middle class. I got 3 buck tax break but my Medicare Part B went up 10 bucks. Some tax break. If you don't think us Seniors aren't noticing that WE are paying for the tax breaks to Rump's buddies you are wrong.

how is that?

We are already being taxed more. I am the middle class. I got 3 buck tax break but my Medicare Part B went up 10 bucks. Some tax break. If you don't think us Seniors aren't noticing that WE are paying for the tax breaks to Rump's buddies you are wrong.

Yeah Democrats love to tax people. I'm a LYFT driver, trust me, I AM middle class!

how is that?

Yeah Democrats love to tax people. I'm a LYFT driver, trust me, I AM middle class!

That was done under Rumps watch as part of his "Tax Break".

how is that?

All I can say is under Trump I have more money in my pocket. 3,353 dollars to be exact.

how is that?

All I can say is under Trump I have more money in my pocket. 3,353 dollars to be exact.

And is that how much they are paying you to post in here?

how is that?

And is that how much they are paying you to post in here?

I wish. The only paid people I see are left-wingers such as yourself.

Forum List

Back