Disabling the Paywall

In Firefox you disable javascript.enabled (make it FALSE) and many sites can then be read.

But! You have to reenable (make it TRUE) for everything else.

Not much behind the paywalls, I miss. If it is an important story, others will be reporting on it, also. I don't steal cable, pirate music and software or shoplift. I won't be trying to crack the paywall marketing plans any time soon. I just won't see it on the paywall sight, unless I decide to pay them for their content. Just a conservative, owners rights, law and order kind of guy. Far right would probably say, I'm a chump.

Just encountered the next fraudulent paywall. When I click on a link that promises to explain or report something and then just a paywall shows up, that´s fraud. They need to include in the link that you will get paid content.

Use to all you had to do was hit "stop loading" and you could read till your hearts content.
But then all the major browsers fell in line and disabled the ability to stop a script once loaded... like Java. So you can hit stop loading...sure enough all the pics etc. stop... but the ads and paywall continue to load.

Use to all you had to do was hit "stop loading" and you could read till your hearts content.
But then all the major browsers fell in line and disabled the ability to stop a script once loaded... like Java. So you can hit stop loading...sure enough all the pics etc. stop... but the ads and paywall continue to load.

There are a few sites that you can still get away with that. I have to do it for my local newspaper if I want to read one of their stories. Sometimes I can read them through google news as they don't/can't block google

Forum List

Back