Digging up MTV

Actually, they took the "Music Television" out of their logo to signify that they don't play music videos anymore on their main channel.

It's basically a pop-culture channel. They show a lot of reality TV, they show the VMA's, etc.

And their other channels, like MTV2, show videos.

Actually, they took the "Music Television" out of their logo to signify that they don't play music videos anymore on their main channel.

It's basically a pop-culture channel. They show a lot of reality TV, they show the VMA's, etc.

The M in MTV still stands for the word "Music," however.

:eusa_shhh:

Likely because it comes along with Millions of dollars in Brand Recognition. Gee, who'da thought?

i watch mtv....16 and preggies...teen mom...true life...its all good....

I like Cribs. They have some awesome ideas you can find on there to upgrade the fun-ness of your domecile. If you've got the dough. I don't. :razz:

Other than that, I dunno. My girl likes the 16 and pregnant show, and so must many others because it's ALWAYS on, but that one's not for me. I also like some VH1 reality shows. I like Celeb Rehab.

Likely because it comes along with Millions of dollars in Brand Recognition. Gee, who'da thought?

That's certainly the reason, which wasn't exactly the question.

The real question is: why not permit SOME music to be played on your venue so that your handle isn't a mistake?

Or, why not admit the obvious and change your name?

Standard Oil used to be Esso. Get it? Cle4ver, right. S.O. Standard Oil.

But somewhere along the line they changed their name to Exxon (for unknown reasons).

Now, of course, it's Exxon/Mobile.

Tomorrow, it will be Obama Oil, probably.

But if they stop producing petroleum products, it might be useful to change their name despite the solid brand recognition.

Strictly for idle enjoyment, here are some famous corporate name changes: Famous Name Changes - Corporations

I particularly enjoyed Google's prior name. :cool:

The real question is: why not permit SOME music to be played on your venue so that your handle isn't a mistake?

But somewhere along the line they changed their name to Exxon (for unknown reasons).

But if they stop producing petroleum products, it might be useful to change their name despite the solid brand recognition.

Strictly for idle enjoyment, here are some famous corporate name changes: Famous Name Changes - Corporations

Too easy to field this one: because every hour, they show music news.
On their sister stations, (MTV2, etc.), they DO play music.
They host the VMA's.

They are still a music-based company, with great brand recognition, and so I feel that changing the logo would be a bit fruitless for them.

Too easy to field this one: because every hour, they show music news.
On their sister stations, (MTV2, etc.), they DO play music.
They host the VMA's.

They are still a music-based company, with great brand recognition, and so I feel that changing the logo would be a bit fruitless for them.

Right. That astronaut MAKES the brand.
mtv-astronaut1254287473.jpg

They call him the moon man. He chills, he's cool, he likes Doritos.

Forum List

Back