Differences between Me and My Dad

BlueJay28

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2014
My Dad finally broke down today, and asked me what makes me, me.
What makes me tick, what is the difference between me and him, why me and him don't get along as well as we should.

This is what I said in response.

First of all, its Many things, but it all is really one thing.. Time.

In your time, Martin Luther King and the Civil Rights Movement was the future.
In mine its the distant past.

In your time, the Space program was the future, in mine its both the past, and the Present, and the foreseeable future.

When you were born, Jets weren't around, today they are so standard, we make them like candy and choose its performance like we choose a shirt to wear.

When you were born, none of my culture existed, in your youth, my culture was in its infancy... Today more of my original cultural pioneers are dead, than alive.

In your time, cars were creatures of the road, you felt every input you gave to the controls, you felt every crack in the road, and every pebble in the road...

In my time when I shut the door, that's all she wrote. lol

In your time, they knew they had a crime problem, but they didn't know that it was because your mom's generation had their kids raise themselves, and they didn't know it was because of abusive penalties at home.

We didn't know that it was because we taught men to box, and use it as an excuse for how to handle adversity, and negative emotion.

We're just beginning barely.. to get over it in my time.

In your time, women were nurses, teachers, or they stayed home and cooked, cleaned and made babies.
In my time, women are American citizens... and their careers are almost as large in variety as ours, and they are now the owners of most of America's businesses.

In your time, most of America's existing diversity was under political oppression.
In my time, my race, culture and belief system is just barely twice as large in number as the rest combined... and everybody is free to express who they are.

In your time, a man's emotions were bottled up.
In my time, psychology is its own mature science.

Compared to the time when you were born, I'm a "flower child" on steroids, a flamboyant about it too ...

In my time, I'm "middle of the road", or "average".

Those are just the tip of the iceberg.

Secondly, if you didn't make me, I wouldn't be here and I'll admit that as fact....

But by the end of the day, you created me far too late in your life.
You were essentially both my dad, and my grandfather too... the world I grew up in is different from both Your time, AND the time of my two sisters.

The youngest that I should be, is damn near 40... at the youngest, and I'm 28.

In 2000 you were almost 60, and married for over 30 years, and therefore sheltered for a long time.
In 2000 I was 14 in school and exposed to the modern world.

And because of the age difference between us, we have had very little contact, and even less connection.

That's the difference between us.

Thirdly, in the 60s you were not a "hippie"... so that means that you have not partaken in any of America's changes that were marked by the 60s.
So your culture, belief system and attitude stayed the same, while America changed.

Well I have news for you buddy... You're not the boss of America and America is bigger.

And your social skills comes off as rude and mean and arrogant, and a LACK of social skills, and you even got in trouble with the LAW for it a few times and eventually with Me when I got tired of the Abuse.

Last edited:
This current generation sucks as it is setting its self up for its own destruction. Yeah, keep on bringing people in and lets see how that turns out! This generation has become one that doesn't innovate with the shit and doesn't have any balls.

Men are no longer men but fags! Lol!!!

• Banned
Children like the op couldn't lick his dads shoes!

retards like you cant stand that a black man is president and gays are allowed to marry other gays, and you also hate the fact that if you got a problem with it you can go fuck yourself.
:)

Dude, we were a better society when two people could love each other and show 50 years of loyalty to one another. This created better children that had real discipline, unlike the fags today! These children made this country the most powerful country on earth...

Today we have a bunch of dysfunctional single parent families that are raising jail bait! We're 22nd in the world for science and math and our middle class is collapsing.

Don't make me laugh.

• Banned
Dude, we were a better society when two people could love each other and show 50 years of loyalty to one another. This created better children that had real discipline, unlike the fags today! These children made this country the most powerful country on earth...

Today we have a bunch of dysfunctional single parent families that are raising jail bait! We're 22nd in the world for science and math and our middle class is collapsing.

Don't make me laugh.

bullshit.

What happened back then was that women were property, and the children often made a devastating third party in a relationship between the husband and wife, because women were like property...and weren't seen as having the right to have a relationship outside of the marriage, other than the marriage.

So the kids were often abused by the "husband".

In most cases, a single parent is a better parent because of the homogeneous authority and ability to be a parent.
More kids become dysfunctional because of a dysfunctional marriage, inconsistencies in both the mood of the parents, and the rules....Than because of the lesser wealth of an individual.

In more married households than you might want to believe, the kids don't even benefit from the married couple's economics...

In fact the children of an educated single parent are better off economically because they do benefit, most of the time.

Marriage might be better than single, for the parents of a child under age 5 because of the great needs of an infant...
But after they are eligible to attend school, its better for them to be with a single parent.

Last edited:
  • Banned
I come from a married household.
I was raised in one.

And I'll tell you what... I would take a single mom than the situation I had every time, any day of the week.

I was raised in one.

And I'll tell you what... I would take a single mom than the situation I had every time, any day of the week.

Why because you mom let you suck her tit into adulthood?

That's right because single parents are more supportive of their kids, that's fucking right asshole, because single parents know their kids better than married couples do.
And because if I had a single mom that was educated and wasn't disabled... I would have lived in a better place and benefited more greatly, and I would be in better shape today, and I wouldn't have a 15 year old niece who does come from a single parent...
Who is better than I am, in Math.

I was raised in one.

That's right because single parents are more supportive of their kids, that's fucking right asshole, because single parents know their kids better than married couples do.
And because if I had a single mom that was educated and wasn't disabled... I would have lived in a better place and benefited more greatly, and I would be in better shape today, and I wouldn't have a 15 year old niece who does come from a single parent...

Has it ever occurred to you that your parents know you better than you know yourself and that perhaps you should shut your mouth and listen?

I was raised in one.

Has it ever occurred to you that your parents know you better than you know yourself and that perhaps you should shut your mouth and listen?

That concept has its limits, they are functioning in the world today.

New Topics

Forum List

Back