Did you vote, or....

Already voted. I was actually surprised because there were hardly anyone to vote for. just 5 races. i was expecting about 7 or so.

but the turn out was pretty darn high. ive been there on low turn out races when there are like 125 people there (I usually go at the end of the day) today there are already 500 or so people there.

Yea, the wife, and me went down to the church at about 3:00 pm, wasn't much of a crowd.

Everyone seemed real upbeat about the potential turn out, I hope there is, just because I think its very, very important.

My little local firehall was thrilled with 175 voters by 8AM...by 5PM it was over 1000.

Voted at noon today!! gotta keep those Libs out some how!!!:shocked1:

Voted around 11:30 A.M. PST. California Bay Area/San Jose.

They moved our polling place to rec center at a Senior's retirement building.

There was only 4 touch screen machines! We have a pretty large amount of voters for our poll in the past. I wonder why the fewer machines? Seems like things will get congested tonight when voting gettings heavier here.

This is the first year I've abstained, but I'm very new to the region and didn't have the time to get educated on the candidates. No blind votes from this guy.

I am so ashamed. I have not voted. I was going to send in my absentee, but I love going the actual poll and doing the routine. But I have the flu! I feel like I should go, but, what if I make others sick? I have though convinced those at my work to vote the right way on important local issues, but, dang it, this pisses me off.

:baby4:

nope, I had planned to come home to vote, but my ride back fell through and I was stuck in charleston.

Sorry to hear that. even though you probably would have chosen people i wouldnt have liked. We all should vote if we can. id rather win with full turn out than with none.

I didn’t vote today!

I am fed up with the Republicans. They have had a majority in Congress for what, 12 years? What except tax cuts have they done? Wait ….SPEND, SPEND, SPEND, I almost forgot, NOT! I wouldn’t vote for a Dem and couldn’t even go vote for a libertarian in protest, they won’t win so why bother.

Did I say Bush is a 90% failure? I’ll give him 10 % for the WOT. Other than that he’s the political joke of the 21st century, IMO. Gawd I voted for this BOZO TWICE!!

So, I think if the Dems do gain today the best that will come of it is W will not be wearing out pens signing one spending bill after another for the next two years (I hope).
Then again, this MORON has vetoed what? Oh stem cell funding ..Yeah!

I am going to the woods!

Thats a pretty pathetic story, Mr. P. Its people like you that piss me off the most. You whine that there's no one to vote for and then say voting third party is a waste. Vote for the fucking third party because it isnt a waste. If everyone who had that thought actually went and voted for a thrid party, then more third parties would get elected to office. We would see a real change in how policiticians went about policy realizing that they can lose very easily if they dont do what their constituents tell them to do.

Look at Lieberman. The people of Conn didnt say "Oh its a waste voting 3rd party so i won't vote." Granted he's a known commodity but he's probably going to win as an independent. Then there is Ventura in minnesota a couple years ago. IF people actually went and voted for the 3rd party instead of saying its a waste, change would occur.

But no people are too lazy or stupid to realize that any vote isnt a waste. I voted for Toomey over Specter last election in the primary because Specter is as liberal as it gets for Reps. When he still won, i voted for the 3rd party guy because his ideals were more conservative then Specters. He didnt win, but he got like 7% of the vote which is pretty impressive considering all the people that don't care and abstain.

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
I voted mostly to put in my 2 cents regarding some propositions but got more than I bargained for when this lunatic started yelling that they weren't going to let him vote. I asked the official who was on the phone (on hold) what the deal was. She informed me she was validating his address since it was incorrect on his registration. What a freak.:smoke:

Thats a pretty pathetic story, Mr. P. Its people like you that piss me off the most. You whine that there's no one to vote for and then say voting third party is a waste. Vote for the fucking third party because it isnt a waste. If everyone who had that thought actually went and voted for a thrid party, then more third parties would get elected to office. We would see a real change in how policiticians went about policy realizing that they can lose very easily if they dont do what their constituents tell them to do.

Look at Lieberman. The people of Conn didnt say "Oh its a waste voting 3rd party so i won't vote." Granted he's a known commodity but he's probably going to win as an independent. Then there is Ventura in minnesota a couple years ago. IF people actually went and voted for the 3rd party instead of saying its a waste, change would occur.

But no people are too lazy or stupid to realize that any vote isnt a waste. I voted for Toomey over Specter last election in the primary because Specter is as liberal as it gets for Reps. When he still won, i voted for the 3rd party guy because his ideals were more conservative then Specters. He didnt win, but he got like 7% of the vote which is pretty impressive considering all the people that don't care and abstain.

Don’t lecture me punk! It’s the first time I’ve not voted. Like I said I am fed up. If there would have been a viable three party they may have gotten my vote, there isn't. Maybe next time.

Don’t lecture me punk! It’s the first time I’ve not voted. Like I said I am fed up. If there would have been a viable three party they may have gotten my vote, there isn't. Maybe next time.

I can understand how you feel; however, I voted. The Republicans do about half what I want. Democrats do ALL of what I don't want. There is no viable alternative, and abstaining just puts worse quacks in positions of power than the current quacks. Meanong, they're ALL a bunch of quacks, IMO.

But since I can't vote for myself as King, I figured I'd vote for the lesser of two evils. I feel it gives me the right to bitch.

Wasnt meant to be a lecture, Mr. P. ITs just that i hear from so many people that havent voted that they didnt vote 3rd party cause it was a waste. If everyone that didnt vote, voted 3rd party, it wouldnt have been a waste thats for sure.

Forum List

Back