Did you Support War in Iraq??

Did you support the War in Iraq?

• Yes

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • No

Votes: 56 67.5%

• Total voters
Arabs suck at democracy.

What is the basis for you racist generalization?

A big part of the argument for war, was that a functioning democracy in the ME would be a powerful ideological challenge to Islamic Extremism.

The authority given to use military force in Iraq if necessary was to disarm Iraq of WMD. It was not to found a Democracy. Where are you getting it from?

Time needed to do WHAT, exactly?

To disarm Iraq peacefully instead of violently as Bush decided to do.

DISARM IRAQ PEACEFULLY instead of disarming Iraq by killing innocent men women and children and the elderly

Your preference and impatience for the latter is duly noted.

THat makes no sense. Iraq did not HAVE wmds at that point in time. How could you "disarm" arms that were not there?

You are a fool for posting that one.

President Discusses Beginning of Operation ... - George W. Bush White House Archives
March 22, 2003 ... And our mission is clear, to disarm Iraq of weapons of mass destruction

That is why you are a fool. The mission was clear. Disarm Iraq of WMD without sufficient evidence that they were even There.

My response was to give you polls from October 2002 to March 2003 to Show that your response was a lie.

6 of 10 Americans had patience for peace. What the hell was your problem warmonger?

1. SHove your talk of racism up your ass, asshole.

2. The lack of democracy in the arab world and the great difficulty that the Iraqis had in crafting a democracy.

3. Wow. You mean that a formal stated intention is not the whole of the situation? You just learned that now? LOL!!!!!

4. My point about the lack of wmds stands. YOu can't disarm something that is not there.

Did you ever live in the ME? Iraq or Iran or KSA or Kuwait... anywhere?

So, to be clear, you are arguing that the US, was going to be happy to wait for Saddam to... do something and not attack him for his repeatedly provocations?

We were discussing patience were we not? Patience to have solid world supported evidence that Iraq was indeed a severe enough potential threat because of continued possession of weapons of mass destruction. You claim with no supporting information did America didn’t have patience. You were wrong. So why are you not bringing up being happy? Did you do some research to make sure there are no polls Regarding Americans happiness.

You did not have patience like six out of 10 Americans did and since you brought up happiness. Are you happy that President George W. Bush’s lack of patience knowing it cost the American taxpayer $7 trillion according to former president Donald J Trump? That is not to mention the loss of lives and property and relocation and devastation due to your lack of patience created in the world because you based your country’s military conduct in world affairs along the lines of a country music song by Toby Keith.

Dubya is very likeable, but dumb as a stump. He couldn't have been more wrong in his attack on Iraq.. He sure put Iran in the catbird seat. Cheney was a school teacher before his political career so he didn't know jack shit about the ME or the oil business.

I read to here
That is the point of it. THANKS

You asked a question. Why not do as Biden suggested and wait longer at a certain point in time.

My response was that America, in the after math of 9-11, was out of patience.

Your response was incoherent emotional rambling.

Saddam as leader of a nation, had the responsibility to consider the dangers and risks of his policies. He Knew that 9-11 had happened and that America was not in a mood to be fucked with.

A responsible national leader would have decided to NOT fuck with America.

That is my point.

Do you have a counter point you want to respond with? Cause your last post was senseless garbage.

Iraq was crippled by two decades of war and sanctions before Bush invaded.

The Dual Containment Policy had worked for 20 years and these buffoons claimed Iraq was trucking their WMDs back and forth from Sudan to Syria. We are talking serious dumbassery.

The Containment Policy was working? DId you forget about the Food For Fuel scandal?

Why do you never hold Saddam responsible for his choices?

Food for fuel is not a big deal.. Iraqis have to eat and so do their children. The war on Iraq was a disaster and still is. You know Saddam asked the US to lift sanctions on the oil sector in 1997. Without reserve management you ultimately destroy the reserve.

The cost would have been less than 20 billion. Halliburton hired Cheney to lobby for lifting sanctions.. He failed. More stupidity.

We did everything wrong..

Food for Fuel SCANDAL, not the program as it was intended. Try to be less dishonest.

Note sure what you mean by "used by".

When and in what constitutional or any other legal framework was the GingrichKrauthammer nation building case Presented to the American people and Congress of the United States of America by the Bush Administration to initiate a long term declaration of war against Iraq as a case for self defense against the continuing threat of Saddam Hussein being the dictator of Iraq?

Would you have still supported the war based on nation building in the event that United Nations Security Council inspectors had successfully disarmed Iraq being declared in full compliance with all United Nations Security Council resolutions as described in 1441?

1. We have not operated by the Constitutional framework of declared war in either of our lifetimes. And you know that, so your request is relevant only in that it shows you are not engaging in good faith debate.

2. Yes. I found the WMD argument to be unconvincing at the time. WMDs are World War ONE technology, and I do not believe that we can restrict access to that level of technology. The idea of an rebuttal to the ideological argument of Islamic Fundamentalism was the more convincing argument to me.

You asked a question. Why not do as Biden suggested and wait longer at a certain point in time.

My response was that America, in the after math of 9-11, was out of patience.

Your response was incoherent emotional rambling.
My response was to give you polls from October 2002 to March 2003 to Show that your response was a lie. You don’t Speak for most Americans. I had patience in 2003 - All Americans except the future Trump warmongering base had patience.

More people now than just two weeks ago favor giving the United Nations more time to get weapons inspectors back into Iraq.

U.S. SHOULD:
Now:
Take military action soon 30%
Give U.N. weapons inspectors time 63%

Asked whether Iraq presents such a clear danger that the U.S. needs to act now, even without allied backing, or whether the U.S. needs to wait for such backing, Americans expressed the desire to wait.

U.S. SHOULD:
Now Act now 29%
Wait for allies 65%

FEBRUARY 2003.

Americans have, in their guts, been up for nuking Saddam since 1991. Countering this, however, is a feeling just as deep that the U.S. shouldn't go it alone. In this latest poll, 63 percent think the U.S. should wait for U.N. approval; 31 percent want to act now.

LOL!!! "Future warmongering Trump base"?

Trump ran on non, or at least reduced interventionism.

He is the first president in a long time, to NOT get US involved in a fresh war, during his administration.

What the hell point are you trying to even make here? What is your goal here?

Too late. When Bush attacked Iraq he assured Iran's ascendancy.

When you post replies to my posts, please address the points I made in my post. Just throwing some shit against the wall, that is sort of maybe kind of related to the subject being discussed, is not a real contribution.

Arabs suck at democracy.

What is the basis for you racist generalization?

A big part of the argument for war, was that a functioning democracy in the ME would be a powerful ideological challenge to Islamic Extremism.

The authority given to use military force in Iraq if necessary was to disarm Iraq of WMD. It was not to found a Democracy. Where are you getting it from?

Time needed to do WHAT, exactly?

To disarm Iraq peacefully instead of violently as Bush decided to do.

DISARM IRAQ PEACEFULLY instead of disarming Iraq by killing innocent men women and children and the elderly

Your preference and impatience for the latter is duly noted.

THat makes no sense. Iraq did not HAVE wmds at that point in time. How could you "disarm" arms that were not there?

You are a fool for posting that one.

President Discusses Beginning of Operation ... - George W. Bush White House Archives
March 22, 2003 ... And our mission is clear, to disarm Iraq of weapons of mass destruction

That is why you are a fool. The mission was clear. Disarm Iraq of WMD without sufficient evidence that they were even There.

My response was to give you polls from October 2002 to March 2003 to Show that your response was a lie.

6 of 10 Americans had patience for peace. What the hell was your problem warmonger?

1. SHove your talk of racism up your ass, asshole.

2. The lack of democracy in the arab world and the great difficulty that the Iraqis had in crafting a democracy.

3. Wow. You mean that a formal stated intention is not the whole of the situation? You just learned that now? LOL!!!!!

4. My point about the lack of wmds stands. YOu can't disarm something that is not there.

Did you ever live in the ME? Iraq or Iran or KSA or Kuwait... anywhere?

Nope. How is that relevant to my point(s)?

It is a professionals job

Will you answer this question.
What if policy makers are hell bent on starting a war and become involved in the intelligence gathering operation to make intelligence gathering fit the agenda? Is that the gatherers fault or is it corruption by the policy makers?

I was quite clear in the portion of my post you cut, that my answer was "it is the professional's job to give his honest professional judgement, even if it is what his customer does not want to hear".

This bit, where you cut the majority of a post, and then response with questions that were already answered,

it is the kind of game one plays, when one, (ie you), knows on some level, that you are in the wrong on this issue.

If you were confident in your position, you would have simply and directly responded to my very clear and understandable point, instead of playing stupid games.

This should be a red flag to you, that you need to reexamine your position and assumptions. On some level, you know that you are wrong.

1. We have not operated by the Constitutional framework of declared war in either of our lifetimes.

are you saying the War Powers Act is unconstitutional.

I said what I said. If you want to understand more, don't cut away the majority of what I said.

Your asking for additional information, when you ignore most of what I put down, is not very convincing.

I have asked you repeatedly what is your intent with this thread. YOu have not answered. You just cut it.

Tell that to Libya and Syria.

Libya was military action authorized by the UNSC and the ARAB LEAGUE to stop genocide.

The UNITED STATES is a member in that council. Its over. We are not bogged down in a war ground forces a were required there. Basically enforcing a NO FLY ZONE.

Syria is a continuation of the war on terror since we were attacked under Bush’s watch. NOT A FRESH WAR.

I was quite clear in the portion of my post you cut,

You didn’t answer my question at all in reference to the policymakers injecting themselves into the intelligence gathering process like Cheney did at the Pentagon. Cheney created his own intelligence agency. Is that acceptable to you.

I said what I said. If you want to understand more, don't cut away the majority of what I said.

No stop crying. if anyone wants to see the full context just click on the excerpt I’m citing.

I was quite clear in the portion of my post you cut,

You didn’t answer my question at all in reference to the policymakers injecting themselves into the intelligence gathering process like Cheney did at the Pentagon. Cheney created his own intelligence agency. Is that acceptable to you.

No stop crying. if anyone wants to see the full context just click on the excerpt I’m citing.

You asked me who I considered responsible for reporting accurate intelligence. I clearly stated it was the responsibility of the intelligence professionals.

Would you like to ask me the same question a few more times? Would you mind if I just cut and paste from now on? Or you know, you could stop cutting away the answer every post.

New Topics

Forum List

Back