Did you Support War in Iraq??

Did you support the War in Iraq?

• Yes

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • No

Votes: 56 67.5%

• Total voters
Saying Bush had a success there doesn't mean that I was for the war. It's just highlighting the obvious.

If you genuinely opposed the war There us no way in hell that you would call it a success.

You don’t drive through a crowd of innocent men women and children killing dozens and call it a success because you killed a bad guy you saw among them because you though he might have a gun and start shooting up the crowd. You don’t call it a success even if the vid guy had a loaded gun on him.

But only a blatant died in the wool warmonger like you would call it a success even after knowing the bad guy didn’t even have a gun.

Saddam did not have WMD and was not committing mass murder or genocide on his people since his surrender and military containment and sanctions levied against him since his surrender after he invaded Kuwait in 1990.

GHW Bush led military action that was a success if you want to know an example if presidential military leadership that is worthy of our praise. His alcoholic son lied us into war some say to prove his worth to daddy - as Trump confirmed he lied - So you have to support the war going in to call it a success mostly because it beans you support the lies that were the in Luv west to get us in.

But we know you support liars because you said you voted for Trump with his election fraud lies that led to the insurrection in the Trump war in American democracy.

hey never stated away it was broad left it up to the C and C.
Enforcing 1441 was not left up to Bush after he agreed to do it. And Bush did not see regime change using ground troops as necessary on January 30 when he sent his officials to testify in the Senate:

Mr. Armitage in a written statement to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee Hearing on Iraq, a few days after the Blix sixty day report, these exact words, “The president was clear on Tuesday. He has not yet made a decision to resort to military action.” JANUARY 30 2003 U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relation​

And the United States continued from that point on to support the continuation of inspections.

How do you explain that? Biden was ok with that verily so. He wanted more if that - not war.

hey never stated away it was broad left it up to the C and C.
Enforcing 1441 was not left up to Bush after he agreed to do it. And Bush did not see regime change using ground troops as necessary on January 30 when he sent his officials to testify in the Senate:

Mr. Armitage in a written statement to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee Hearing on Iraq, a few days after the Blix sixty day report, these exact words, “The president was clear on Tuesday. He has not yet made a decision to resort to military action.” JANUARY 30 2003 U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relation​

And the United States continued from that point on to support the continuation of inspections.

How do you explain that? Biden was ok with that verily so. He wanted more if that - not war.
Bush could if he wanted to after xiden authorized him to.

stop with your propaganda and debunked lies

Bush could if he wanted to after xiden authorized him to.

Bush could if he wanted to whether or not Joe Biden voted or any Democrat voted for the authorization to use military force against Iraq in October 2002.

Why won’t you respond to that?

As I stated previously Dick Cheney and President George W. Bush believed during the summer of 2002 they could take military action against Saddam Hussein at any time under the authorization to use military force of 2001 in the war against terror which was 100 times more broad than the 2002 AUMF.

Please tell me if what I’m saying is true or not true and back it up with something besides your utter penchant for mumbling BS. If no response from you is your answer I will take it that you have a accepted it unconditionally as fact.

Can you make a case that there was no possible way for George W. Bush and Dick the wanton warmonger Cheney to expand the enforcement of the no-fly zones to get a reaction from Saddam Hussein that would make it absolutely easy to justify an invasion one year or two after the Al-Qaeda attacks on US soil in 2001?

And then George W Bush found out that Tony Blair and the United Kingdom could not partner in this Dick Cheney adventure unless it was sanctioned by the UN or if Saddam Hussein continued to refuse to allow United Nations Security Council inspectors come back into Iraq immediate

Can you respond to this post and just drop all that other crap about 1998 that you’ve been posting for a month?

You are quoting lying Xiden.
JOSEPH BIDEN [D-DELAWARE]
Thursday, July 31, 2003

For me, the issue was never whether we had to deal with Saddam, but when and how we dealt with Saddam. And it's precisely the when and how that I think this administration got wrong. We went to war too soon, we went to war with too few troops, we went to war without the world, when we could have had many with us, and we're paying the price for it now.
Show me a fact checker from anywhere who says Biden either didn’t say that or there’s something in there that is not true. If you do not respond with a fact checker link I take that as an answer that you were lying again. There is no fact check on that statement from Biden.

Being a real Conservative and a non interventionist I pretty well saw no need to invade Iraq. They didn't have anything to do with 911 and our efforts should have been in Afghanistan to go after the assholes that attacked us.

However, once troops were deployed I wanted them to be successful. My son was one of them.

He voted to overthrow Saddam...and he, as I already highlighted...in the 90s, endorced ground troops
That is not true. The authorization to use military force against Iraq voted in October 2002 did not say that Congress authorized the use of military force to overthrow Saddam Hussein‘s regime in Iraq. It did not say that. Why are you saying that it does?

Are you confusing that authorization by Congress with something else? Just maybe you’re not a liar. Maybe you’re just very confused about things.

Last edited:
He said in the 90s to do it....and he did it without a second resolution

Show us where Biden ever said to change the regime in Iraq using hundreds of thousands of American ground troops and doing it without the UN and the world behind us after The reality on the ground in Iraq was that Saddam Hussein was in proactive cooperation with 200 UN security council inspectors that needed, they said,about 90 days to verify there were no WMD being hidden Iraq. That’s all 90 peaceful days.

If you can’t find a quote “Where Senator Joe Biden said that in an actual situation where it mattered you got to find enough sense to just stop with the stupid argument that you’ve been making going back to 1998 when there were no inspectors allowed to do their work inside Iraq.

You’re just verifying the fact that Trump voters are stupid people.

Specifically Trump voters who are so warmongering stupid that they cannot even believe it when their cult master Trump says BUSH lied to get us into the Iraq war.

But it’s great for you to confirm what we already know.

Last edited:
“You and I believe, and many of us believe here, as long as Saddam is at the helm, there is no reasonable prospect you or any other inspector is ever going to be able to guarantee that we have rooted out, root and branch, the entirety of Saddam’s program relative to weapons of mass destruction. You and I both know, and all of us here really know, and it’s a thing we have to face, that the only way, the only way we’re going to get rid of Saddam Hussein is we’re going to end up having to start it alone — start it alone — and it’s going to require guys like you in uniform to be back on foot in the desert taking this son of a — taking Saddam down,”
You have declared that the above 1998 quote from Senator Joseph Biden is is an endorsement for going it alone and using ground troops to take Saddam Hussein out.

That is not an endorsement. Where did you get your education? Trump university?

It was a broad statement more or less an opinion offered to a resist what a US weapons inspector wanted at that time. Scott Ritter wanted United Nations weapons inspectors to call In military force whenever the inspector felt it was necessary to gain access to certain sites in Iraq.

Senator Joe Biden was opposed to that idea because it would give inspectors the authority to start a war. So Senator Biden‘s remarks were then as they were in 2003 intended to stop at war. So you’re not only were wrong about it being an endorsement of regime change you were wrong about the context because in the context he is trying to prevent war.

and then voted and supporter the war, because he had been pushing it since the 90s
That makes absolutely no sense. If Biden was pushing war then why did he try to stop it when he was chairman of the senate foreign relations committee? Why did Biden join Richard Lugar and Chuck Hagel—in a bipartisan effort to restrict Bush’s authority to invade Iraq If he was all gung ho for invading Iraq with ground troops without United Nations full and total backing?

Read this:

As chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Biden was in the middle of the WMD debate. As Michael Isikoff and I reported in our 2006 book, Hubris: The Inside Story of Spin, Scandal, and the Selling of the Iraq War, a few weeks after that Cheney speech, in late September, Biden was chairing a classified hearing at which CIA Director George Tenet was the key witness. Tenet told senators that there was intelligence showing that Saddam had acquired aluminum tubes used for enriching weapons-grade uranium, that he had a fleet of mobile biological weapons labs, and that he was developing drones that could transport and deliver chemical and biological agents. As Tenet testified, Biden envisioned these drones being launched off tankers cruising along the coast of the United States and attacking Philadelphia or Charleston, South Carolina. This was hair-raising stuff.​

But Biden and other committee members pressed Tenet for evidence backing up these frightening claims. And a staffer passed Biden a note with a suggested question: What “technically collected” evidence of Iraqi WMD did the CIA possess? In other words, did Tenet have any concrete proof? Had the CIA tracked radioactive emissions from supposed nuclear sites, gathered electronic intercepts in which Iraqis communicated about their various WMD, or obtained samples of biological agents? “None, Senator,” Tenet answered.​

A hush fell on the room. None? Nothing at all? Biden was bothered. “George, do you want me to clear the staff out of the room?” he asked. This was Biden’s way of inquiring whether the CIA chief had some super-secret intelligence nailing Saddam that he was hesitant to share with staffers present. “There’s no reason to, Senator,” Tenet responded—a signal he wasn’t holding anything back. A Biden staffer, a former Pentagon contractor who specialized in nuclear technology, went home that night and told his wife, “They’re going to war and there’s not a damn piece of evidence to substantiate it.”​

At this point, the public debate concerned a congressional resolution Bush and Cheney were pushing that would provide Bush the authority to attack Iraq. Bush was essentially asking the Senate and the House to give him a go-to-war-free card, with no restraints on the option to order military action in Iraq as he saw fit. Biden, perhaps because he had seen that the case for war was flimsy, joined with two Republicans on his committee—Richard Lugar and Chuck Hagel—in a bipartisan effort to restrict Bush’s authority to invade Iraq. They proposed an alternative to Bush’s resolution that would only allow Bush to attack Iraq for the purpose of destroying WMD andonly after seeking UN approval. If the UN turned Bush down, he would have to come back to Congress and prove Saddam posed a WMD threat so “grave” that only military action could eliminate it. Bush couldn’t just hop into war on his own.​

“You and I believe, and many of us believe here, as long as Saddam is at the helm, there is no reasonable prospect you or any other inspector is ever going to be able to guarantee that we have rooted out, root and branch, the entirety of Saddam’s program relative to weapons of mass destruction. You and I both know, and all of us here really know, and it’s a thing we have to face, that the only way, the only way we’re going to get rid of Saddam Hussein is we’re going to end up having to start it alone — start it alone — and it’s going to require guys like you in uniform to be back on foot in the desert taking this son of a — taking Saddam down,”
You have declared that the above 1998 quote from Senator Joseph Biden is is an endorsement for going it alone and using ground troops to take Saddam Hussein out.

That is not an endorsement. Where did you get your education? Trump university?

It was a broad statement more or less an opinion offered to a resist what a US weapons inspector wanted at that time. Scott Ritter wanted United Nations weapons inspectors to call In military force whenever the inspector felt it was necessary to gain access to certain sites in Iraq.

Senator Joe Biden was opposed to that idea because it would give inspectors the authority to start a war. So Senator Biden‘s remarks were then as they were in 2003 intended to stop at war. So you’re not only were wrong about it being an endorsement of regime change you were wrong about the context because in the context he is trying to prevent war.
I never said anything about "going alone" - just stop with your lies and propaganda....

I never said anything about "going alone" -
You are a liar. You posted this statement from Biden (in bold) and have called him a war monger because of it.

You and I both know, and all of us here really know, and it’s a thing we have to face, that the only way, the only way we’re going to get rid of Saddam Hussein is we’re going to end up having to start it alone — start it alone —

.we didn’t need the UN.
Biden said we did.
He didn't need UN approval to invade..he had the US Congressional approval.

Sorry there was nothing in the Congressional Authorization of Force that required us to get any sort of UN agreement.
It supported getting 1441 and Bush did.
The USA doesnt' need the UN's permission to go to war.

Biden wanted Bush to need to get UN permission

I never said anything about "going alone" - just stop with your lies and propaganda....

Sure you did - not needing the UN is warmonger talk for going it alone.

You are a warmonger for agreeing with Dick Cheney on not needing UN

Last edited:
.we didn’t need the UN.
Biden said we did.
He didn't need UN approval to invade..he had the US Congressional approval.

Sorry there was nothing in the Congressional Authorization of Force that required us to get any sort of UN agreement.
It supported getting 1441 and Bush did.
The USA doesnt' need the UN's permission to go to war.

Biden wanted Bush to need to get UN permission

Sure you did - not needing the UN is warmonger talk for going it alone.

yuh are a warmonger for agreeing with Dick Cheney on
sorry al-Sahhaf.....you've been debunked and dethroned.....no more torture chambers for you to rape and murder your own citizens....sorry, not sorry

you've been debunked
Do you agree with Dick Cheney that it was the correct decision to go it alone to change the regime in order to disarm Iraq and nation build without full UN support or do you agree with Joe Biden who says Bush should have gotten full UN support in order to be certain about the evidence before invading Iraq to remove Saddam Hussein and nation build Iraq into a successful democracy?

Considering the fact that there was no WMD in Iraq, Who was right? CHENEY Or BIDEN?

you've been debunked
Do you agree with Dick Cheney that it was the correct decision to go it alone to change the regime in order to disarm Iraq and nation build without full UN support or do you agree with Joe Biden who says Bush should have gotten full UN support in order to be certain about the evidence before invading Iraq to remove Saddam Hussein and nation build Iraq into a successful democracy?

Considering the fact that there was no WMD in Iraq, Who was right? CHENEY Or BIDEN?
Xiden didn't say that at first....you lie.

I agree that regime change had to happen. As I have repeatedly stated. I don't care if we had UN support or not. The UN is not the USA, and we do not need their approval to do anything. In fact, it only exist because we have allowed it to.

A funny phenomena is occurring in the GOP right now, these lying jackasses are all trying to act like they were against the War in Iraq, when we all remember that every single one of them across the board supported it 150%. They loved the war in Iraq. War in Iraq was their favorite thing ever.

I don't remember any republican at all what so ever, standing with me against the War in Iraq. I remember these idiot Trumpers calling my a traitor and unpatriotic because I was against the war.

Even a few years ago these people wouldn't admit that the war was a huge failure.

Now these pathetic liars try to act like they were against the war all along, that is how pathetic Trumpers are. These people don't even know what they support or oppose, they wait for Foxnews to tell them what to think, and then just go with it...

Yes I did. Newt Gingrich and Charles Krauthammer made a convincing argument and got me to believe that an Arab population was ready to support a democratic government, and that such a functioning nation in the middle of the ME would be our answer to Islam.

Forum List

Back