Did you got rich in the past 20 years?

Is America the land of opportunity when it is 27th in income mobility behind almost every European nation?

8E37430F-E58D-4AC8-865D-2072BC77239B.jpeg

Except you can't be denied for that anymore can you?
That is a Obamacare, a Federal law enacted by Congress that has had a significant impact on a portion of the population. For those people, the gov't had a major impact on their physical and financial health.

That is a Obamacare, a Federal law enacted by Congress that has had a significant impact on a portion of the population. For those people, the gov't had a major impact on their physical and financial health.
Not on mine other than it raised my premiums

It still had no effect on my income or my ability to save and invest.

Is America the land of opportunity when it is 27th in income mobility behind almost every European nation?

View attachment 567482
Germany doesn´t have social mobility. Maybe, Germany´s ranking has improved in the past years due to the many start-ups that showed up recently but it is fact that almost all of the funding of that start-ups comes from abroad.

I'm not rich and don't want to be rich. I'm not poor and don't want to be poor. I'm doing as well as I want to be and enjoy my work.

So much of politics these days involves politicians motivating people to feel resentment and then positing themselves as the answer to that resentment. In reality, they are just getting into the game for personal enrichment, and anybody who believes that one party represents their interests is awfully naive.

Good grief, the democrat party war on small business has engineered the most massive transfer in wealth from the middle class to the ultra rich we have ever seen. In order to enrich Jeff Bezos by many tens of BILLIONS of dollars, they sacrificed the livelihoods of hundreds and hundreds of thousands of small businesspeople.

No they don't.

Did you ever get a pay cut because the party in power changed?

I worked for myself my entire adult life and the idiot in the oval office never had an effect on my ability to earn a living
This is correct. However, if you are lucky enough to hold a House or Senate position for multiple years it sure becomes easier to amass great wealth.

This is correct. However, if you are lucky enough to hold a House or Senate position for multiple years it sure becomes easier to amass great wealth.
The easiest way to become a multi millionaire on a 175K salary is to get elected to Congress.

And people think there's not something fishy about that

alang1216 There are many things that can derail wealth building. I'm saying anyone can build wealth, it takes a lot of determination and consistency but many millions of Americans have moved themselves up from zero net worth to financial independence. I am one of them.

If you aren't born rich odds are heavily stacked against one becoming rich. 90 percent of hard working people are barely scraping by . That's the way it's always been.
Most people have no clue as to how to handle their money that's why they are just scraping by.

alang1216 There are many things that can derail wealth building. I'm saying anyone can build wealth, it takes a lot of determination and consistency but many millions of Americans have moved themselves up from zero net worth to financial independence. I am one of them.
I'm glad you are a success, good job. I think we'd agree that gov't can make things worse for those working their way up that ladder. I don't know if you'd agree with me that the gov't can also make things easier and safer.

Forum List

Back