Did you accomplish much in life?

Reagan quote: "some people wonder all their lives if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem". It might be an exaggerated tribute to the Marines but I'll take it. Semper Fi, USMC 1960-63

It is said that to accomplish something in life you have to write a book, right?

Well, I did not.

I didn't write a book and I didn't plant a tree.

Is that mean that I didn't accomplish much? :oops:

Now that you mention it though.... I was instrumental a few years back in planting 10,000 + Moringa trees on the Island of LaTortue Haiti...
I didnt actually get to be there myself to do the labor however over the years there has been the realization that lives were actually saved because of it.
Oddly.. I think I can say I did more for Haiti than Hillary Clinton or Obama without spending any taxpayer money

Planted a lot of trees myself. Pines and oaks and other trees native and others. Cleaned up a lot of trash from the environment., Ina small way I helped those really poor by rehabbing the homes they were in. I just wish I could have done more for them only about 6 homes were done by me. That was through a group Called V.I.S.T.A and through a baptist church.

Planted a lot of trees myself. Pines and oaks and other trees native and others. Cleaned up a lot of trash from the environment., Ina small way I helped those really poor by rehabbing the homes they were in. I just wish I could have done more for them only about 6 homes were done by me. That was through a group Called V.I.S.T.A and through a baptist church.

Oh I love pine trees! That's one of my fav trees!

I did not accomplish much. Not much success. I am 52.

Even in Politics I influenced very few people.

Please tell me about you.
I've been and done many things in my 54 years, some good, some bad, climbed mountains and swum in many seas, built and destroyed, loved and fought, and I believe left an indelible mark on the earth.

If I had it all to do again I wouldn't change a single thing.

I turned 72 today. I have a good marriage and a few fast friends, whom I treasure. I had a reasonably successful career based on a good education which I got for myself. I will have no financial issues going forward, and can provide for my only son and grandchildren - handsomely, in fact.
Happy Birthday! Best wishes!

From where I started, you could say so. I started out homeless on the streets of New York, long before there was welfare. My parents liked to hit the road so we hitchhiked, rode rails and got on buses until they threw us off for not paying the fare. I married at 15, again at 16 then crawled my way through school. Clawed my way to a degree in history, English then hit law school. Along the way I became a published writer, got divorced raised a son, started and sold several businesses. Dumped the law practice went back to school and reinvented as a dog groomer. Hated people too much. In my spare time I started painting, won some awards and was lucky enough to have my work in a couple of art museums.

I still write. I have a book that has been teasing me with publication. Alas it is far from woke so it still teases.

From where I started, you could say so. I started out homeless on the streets of New York, long before there was welfare. My parents liked to hit the road so we hitchhiked, rode rails and got on buses until they threw us off for not paying the fare. I married at 15, again at 16 then crawled my way through school. Clawed my way to a degree in history, English then hit law school. Along the way I became a published writer, got divorced raised a son, started and sold several businesses. Dumped the law practice went back to school and reinvented as a dog groomer. Hated people too much. In my spare time I started painting, won some awards and was lucky enough to have my work in a couple of art museums.

I still write. I have a book that has been teasing me with publication. Alas it is far from woke so it still teases.
Great accomplishment and overcoming difficulties! Best wishes to you!

New Topics

Forum List

Back