Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

It seems that the older I get, the less enjoyable and desirable the thought of living eternally becomes, even though I am quite pleased with how my life has evolved and how I will end this life.

Be it with a body here on earth, or as a spirit in some heaven, I cannot imagine anyone living eternally and enjoying it.

It would be like living watching the same T V program running over and over and over, since there is nothing new under the sun. All would be seen as allegories and or analogous of other situations.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

It seems that the older I get, the less enjoyable and desirable the thought of living eternally becomes, even though I am quite pleased with how my life has evolved and how I will end this life.

Be it with a body here on earth, or as a spirit in some heaven, I cannot imagine anyone living eternally and enjoying it.

It would be like living watching the same T V program running over and over and over, since there is nothing new under the sun. All would be seen as allegories and or analogous of other situations.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
You can't understand how eternal life is amazing because you worship the created rather than the Creator. So of course you are discouraged. You were made for more.

Absofuckinglutely! I’m just turning 50 and already tired of much of the BS of living. I suppose with great wealth and the opportunities that provides I might feel differently, but as a highly sensitive person I think even in those circumstances a half century observing the pain and suffering in life would wear me down. I’m not particularly religious anymore - the vast awfulness in the conditions of life for billions of humans and other animals squeezed it all out of me - but some small part of me hopes there is another place to go next that is full of justice.

I would never choose eternal life in the hell on earth that humankind creates for itself.

I can't imagine eternity existing in a temporal dimension. How can something infinite be confined to something so meaningless?

Hell no. Of course, I would want to stop aging about 30 or so.
Its understandable to be old and wore out and not want to live forever

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

One of the two vital ingredients in the evolutionary process is death.

Without death, there would only be single-celled creatures on the face of the earth.

Single-celled creatures are cute and cuddly, but they make remarkably poor supplicants.

They can't even build cathedrals.

1200px-E_coli_at_10000x,_original.jpg

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
Re-incarnation IS eternal life. Accept it.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
You can't understand how eternal life is amazing because you worship the created rather than the Creator. So of course you are discouraged. You were made for more.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
You only want to come back as someone else because you can’t stand yourself.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
You're projecting again.

I've been having a great life, next one will be something else...

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
You're projecting again.

Hopefully you will have at least six or seven more great lives before the sun goes supernova.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
You're projecting again.

Hopefully you will have at least six or seven more great lives before the sun goes supernova.
There are plenty of planets with life out there, 200 billion stars in our galaxy and 100 billion galaxies as far as we can see...

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
You're projecting again.

There are plenty of planets with life out there, 200 billion stars in our galaxy and 100 billion galaxies as far as we can see...
You best start making some travel plans.

Happy trails.

Absofuckinglutely! I’m just turning 50 and already tired of much of the BS of living. I suppose with great wealth and the opportunities that provides I might feel differently, but as a highly sensitive person I think even in those circumstances a half century observing the pain and suffering in life would wear me down. I’m not particularly religious anymore - the vast awfulness in the conditions of life for billions of humans and other animals squeezed it all out of me - but some small part of me hopes there is another place to go next that is full of justice.

I would never choose eternal life in the hell on earth that humankind creates for itself.

I agree with your stance on eternal life but not on your view of the suffering you see.

I have much in the way of stats and info but your own research is likely best.

I will give you two links to look at though, the second longer one having stats near the end of it. The last link is for you to laugh, if you get his point.

Regards
DL

I can't imagine eternity existing in a temporal dimension. How can something infinite be confined to something so meaningless?

??

Meaningless!

It is where we live. This reality is not meaningless, unless you think life is.

Regards
DL

Hell no. Of course, I would want to stop aging about 30 or so.
Its understandable to be old and wore out and not want to live forever

Aging is more of a mental thing than a body thing. No?

Sure, we all want young pain free supple bodies, but as paraplegics show us, happiness is a mental and not a purely physical thing.

Think of all the kids that suicide. They have great bodies but their mind is not happy.

Regards
DL

One of the two vital ingredients in the evolutionary process is death.

Nowhere in my readings of evolution have I read where death is a part of our evolution.

Death is a natural occurrence for life, no argument, but the main parts of evolution are cooperation and competition. Not death.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back