Did Trump Incite Insurrection?

"But you are LYING. Many trespassers did far more than that. Anyone with a set of eyes connected to a functioning brain knows that."
Well, poster 'antontoo' I ain't quite ready to term it 'lying'. For one thing, that poster 'Markwees', may simply believe that that is all that happened. Some accidental trespassing.
And that may not be his fault. He may not be able to read. Could be blind and didn't see all those videos. Or, he may not have radio reception. Nor reliable internet connection. Or, he simply doesn't pay attention.

Many many reasons for poster Markwees to be wrong in the most satire-worthy extreme.
So be it.
Accordingly, my avatar will cut that avatar some slack.

And besides, if some of these Jackass Patriots and Fat-Boy Militia loons get 10yrs in the Federal slammer for 'Insurrection" or whether they get 10 for violently assaulting a federal officer with a dangerous weapon.....well, my taxes will pay for their room and board in either case.

And frankly, I'm pretty cool with that.
After all, trespassing in order to hit a policeman with an iron bar is still.......... trespassing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This entire fiasco is a setup straw man for demmunists to demonize anyone opposed to the demmunist...."

Ah, now this is going right into snark infested waters.
"Set up sraw man"!
Sounds like another of our neighborhood 'false-flag' groupies. I saw one poster recently, forget what avatar he was going by, but he asserted that the OathKeepers were gay. That their ranks were loaded with LGBQ members. And those gay OathKeepers dressed in drag (Donny-gear, by the way) to pretend they were Republicans breaking down windows and doors in the Capitol and ---- hate to say it due to the ick-factor....but those same Trump Republicans" (wink, wink)....went and pooped and pee'd in the Capitol.

If only they were straw men.
The clean-up woulda been less, ummm, icky........, one would think.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
Desperate straw grasping is telling. ANYTHING not to admit the most obvious.
Just wait until the oath keepers go on the record, telling how Trump inspired, and even incited their actions.
Some of them are already singing. And they're pissed at Trump because they feel he betrayed them. This is not going to be pretty.
Americans taking and holding political prisoners without trial is already more than a little unpretty.

"political prisoners"?? What the fuck? Have you been drinking too much Russian Birch juice?

These people commited VIOLENT CRIMES that they are dully charged with, 100% consistent with American law.
They trespassed. That’s not violent crime.
Of course not dummy, simply trespassing is a misdemeanor.

But you are LYING. Many trespassers did far more than that. Anyone with a set of eyes connected to a functioning brain knows that.
All I saw was trespassing and vandalism. That’s not insurrection.
What’s more, video shows police resistance being lifted and allowing rioters into the building.
This entire fiasco is a setup straw man for demmunists to demonize anyone opposed to the demmunist agenda.

I'm still assuming you are not completely blind, just really badly misinformed:

Certainly there was some violence that included a small portion of the demonstrators but it is by no means clear who was attacking who or why. It appears that the only person killed was an unarmed woman who was not in the process of assaulting anyone. And no one is being charged with the killing and the people have been given no reasonable explanation for that failure.

Desperate straw grasping is telling. ANYTHING not to admit the most obvious.
Just wait until the oath keepers go on the record, telling how Trump inspired, and even incited their actions.
Some of them are already singing. And they're pissed at Trump because they feel he betrayed them. This is not going to be pretty.
Americans taking and holding political prisoners without trial is already more than a little unpretty.

"political prisoners"?? What the fuck? Have you been drinking too much Russian Birch juice?

These people commited VIOLENT CRIMES that they are dully charged with, 100% consistent with American law.
They trespassed. That’s not violent crime.
Of course not dummy, simply trespassing is a misdemeanor.

But you are LYING. Many trespassers did far more than that. Anyone with a set of eyes connected to a functioning brain knows that.
All I saw was trespassing and vandalism. That’s not insurrection.
What’s more, video shows police resistance being lifted and allowing rioters into the building.
This entire fiasco is a setup straw man for demmunists to demonize anyone opposed to the demmunist agenda.

I'm still assuming you are not blind:

That was a mob riot. Some vandalism and trespassing. What’s your point? You want me to excuse it? I won’t.

Silly, they were not there for a walk in a shiny private park as you would like to paint it.

It was a violent break into the Capitol for the clear purpose of preventing the Congress of the United States of America from duly certifying Biden as the winner of the presidential election.

Also known as...wait for it...an INSURECTION.

They were there to protest a bogus election which is their right and duty as American citizens. They didn't (and probably still don't) believe that Biden won the election and therefore certifying him as President would constitute an illegal act. Trying to peacefully oppose an illegal coup is certainly not insurrection despite your opinion or agenda.

Did Trump Incite Insurrection? by Rachel Alexander (townhall.com)
11 Jan 2021 ~~ By Rachel Alexander
I didn’t really want to write this article since I’ll probably be banned faster from big tech than expected, but as a lawyer whose favorite area of law is constitutional law, I see it as my duty. The left is trying to get rid of President Trump before the end of his term, saying he incited an insurrection in the speech he gave near the White House on January 6. House Democrats have drafted Articles of Impeachment with over 150 sponsors. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi compared Trump’s actions to those of President Nixon’s in Watergate. Dozens of Democrats and some Republicans are also calling on Vice President Mike Pence and the cabinet to remove Trump through the 25th Amendment, saying he is no longer fit for office.
The Articles of Impeachment say Trump shall be removed for treason, bribery or other high crimes and misdemeanors under the Fourteenth Amendment, which prohibits the president (as well as the vice president, Congress and state legislators) from engaging in insurrection against the Constitution.
They use a lot of vague, lofty language but are short on specifics. They say he “gravely endangered the security of the United States government.” They claim he “threatened the integrity of the democratic system, interfered with the peaceful transfer of power, and imperiled a coordinate branch of government.” What do they cite as his dangerous words? Saying he won the election by a landslide. He encouraged “imminent lawless action” which “interfered with the peaceful transition of power.” They assert that he will “remain a threat to national security, democracy and the Constitution if allowed to remain in office.”
~Snip~
So let’s look at what Trump actually said. "I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol Building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard." This is the opposite of inciting violence. This is speech protected under the First Amendment. In fact, it is the heart of free speech, the right to march in political protest.
As for remaining a threat if he stays in office and thwarting the peaceful transition of power, the Democrats failed to mention in their Articles that after the violence started, Trump tweeted twice denouncing the violence, then followed up with a video denouncing it again. He conceded the election, saying his “focus now turns to ensuring a smooth, orderly and seamless transition of power.”
~Snip~
The left is far more guilty of inciting violence than the president, but they have the MSM behind them to focus all the attention on Trump, and big tech behind them to punish both the president and the right. Big tech is now using the Capitol break-in to speed up the purge of conservatives, attacking us on multiple levels including at the roots of the internet, which I will address how to combat next week.

Comment:
The violence of insurrection were begun by Democrats like Representatives like Waters, Schiff, and especially Pelosi.
Nowhere in President Trump's January 6th speech did he incite the people to assault the Capitol Building.
Neither the Media or the Progressive Marxist/DSA Democrat Left have ever been objective, reasonable or honest in their attitude and reporting the truth or politics. They both have been consumate liars. To Progressive Marxist/DSA Democrat Leftists, the truth is completely irrelevant to them. 90% us will never know what Trump said, but 100% of us will know Democrat politicians and media are 100% sure he must be removed.
IMHO, there is no greater proof that Trump is working against Satan than the Democrats constant irrational, illogical, deceitful attacks on him.
There is no doubt in my mind that the riot of January 6th was a False Flag operation conducted by Antifa/BLM. The was typical to actions of terrorists not the people that were peacefully there to protest..
Trump’s an asshole, but he didn’t incite violence that day. Watching ABC News with David M last night and the talker says Trump’s in trouble for inciting violence, then shows a clip of his speech that day where he says, “we love you.” Now if that’s inciting violence we have a lot of dumb people in this country.

Ah, if it were only that simple:

"Certainly there was some violence that included a small portion of the demonstrators but it is by no means clear who was attacking who or why."
"no means clear who was attacking or why."?
Ummm, OK.
You be you.

But too, most of us can understand poster 9thl's confusion as to who was who. After all, so few of the assaulters wore name tags. However, thankfully, many of 'em conveniently posted on social media their participation; and then, wives, children, colleagues, girlfriends, et al......helped us all get to know who these Jackass Patriots were. They fingered 'em.

So, for those who are unclear on who is who......there are any number of listings of people arrested and the charges brought against 'em. Google is your friend.

I suppose it can be said that if one is still unclear who assaulted who.......well, one has bigger problems in this life than fussin' over national election certifications. IMHO

"Trying to peacefully oppose an illegal coup is certainly not insurrection despite your opinion or agenda."

And there's the rub....."peacefully".

Ask the cops with Mace-in-the-Face. Ask the one who lost 3 fingers, or the one who lost an eye. They are part of the 140 uniformed officers who were injured by poster 9thl's peaceful tourists/trespassers/jackasses/criminals.

I love this bar. It takes me back to my childhood of watching Hanna and Barbera.

Ah, if it were only that simple:

"Certainly there was some violence that included a small portion of the demonstrators but it is by no means clear who was attacking who or why."
"no means clear who was attacking or why."?
Ummm, OK.
You be you.

But too, most of us can understand poster 9thl's confusion as to who was who. After all, so few of the assaulters wore name tags. However, thankfully, many of 'em conveniently posted on social media their participation; and then, wives, children, colleagues, girlfriends, et al......helped us all get to know who these Jackass Patriots were. They fingered 'em.

So, for those who are unclear on who is who......there are any number of listings of people arrested and the charges brought against 'em. Google is your friend.

I suppose it can be said that if one is still unclear who assaulted who.......well, one has bigger problems in this life than fussin' over national election certifications. IMHO

"Trying to peacefully oppose an illegal coup is certainly not insurrection despite your opinion or agenda."

And there's the rub....."peacefully".

Ask the cops with Mace-in-the-Face. Ask the one who lost 3 fingers, or the one who lost an eye. They are part of the 140 uniformed officers who were injured by poster 9thl's peaceful tourists/trespassers/jackasses/criminals.

I love this bar. It takes me back to my childhood of watching Hanna and Barbera.
Keep forgetting I need to keep it simple for the simple minded. It is not clear who assaulted someone and who defended themselves when being assaulted.
140 members of the goon squad were injuried by protestors? I call bullshit. Prove it. How many have been found guilty in a court of law? Maybe there have been no trials because it might be proved that the capitol police grossly exceeded their authority by far in their use of force. "Minimum force necessary" does not include shooting someone dead for trespass.

"It is not clear who assaulted someone..........."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, poster 9thl, it may not yet be clear to your poor avatar, but..............but it seems it is getting clearer and clearer for many other folks.

Here's a link that you may be able to scan and maybe become a better informed citizen of the United States. And, as you know, a citizenry that is informed is a better citizenry.
Good luck, we wish you well.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"510 people have been charged in the Capitol insurrection so far. This searchable table shows them all.

Since supporters of then-President Donald Trump swarmed the US Capitol on January 6 — forcing Congress to go into lockdown and damaging the halls of government — 510 people have been arrested and charged with crimes.

The FBI is seeking the public's help to identify people who took part in one of the most documented crimes in US history. *

But since many rioters were allowed to walk free on January 6, it's taking some time to track them down.

This table includes the names, charges, and links to court documents of all the people charged so far. We're keeping it updated as more names are released."

Capitol Riot Arrests: Updated List of Who Has Been Charged so Far (insider.com)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

*I underlined that sentence on helping the FBI identify the insurrectionists and assaulters, with the hope that if any posters or lurkers on this gossipboard know or recognize someone who tried to stop the Presidency of Joe Biden on Janaury 6th, well, maybe they will pick up a phone and call their local FBI office.
As we know, a citizenry engaged in protecting our most cherished democratic procedures makes for a better democracy. Not to mention a citizenry who seeks to bring to account those criminals who savagely beat our uniformed police make a better society for all.

510 is a start. IMHO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, poster 9thl, it may not yet be clear to your poor avatar, but..............but it seems it is getting clearer and clearer for many other folks.

Here's a link that you may be able to scan and maybe become a better informed citizen of the United States. And, as you know, a citizenry that is informed is a better citizenry.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"510 people have been charged in the Capitol insurrection so far. This searchable table shows them all.

Since supporters of then-President Donald Trump swarmed the US Capitol on January 6 — forcing Congress to go into lockdown and damaging the halls of government — 510 people have been arrested and charged with crimes.

The FBI is seeking the public's help to identify people who took part in one of the most documented crimes in US history. *

But since many rioters were allowed to walk free on January 6, it's taking some time to track them down.

This table includes the names, charges, and links to court documents of all the people charged so far. We're keeping it updated as more names are released."

*I underlined that sentence on helping the FBI identify the insurrectionists and assaulters, with the hope that if any posters or lurkers on this gossipboard know or recognize someone who tried to stop the Presidency of Joe Biden on Janaury 6th, well, maybe they will pick up a phone and call their local FBI office.
As we know, a citizenry engaged in protecting our most cherished democratic procedures makes for a better democracy. Not to mention a citizenry who seeks to bring to account those criminals who savagely beat our uniformed police make a better society for all.

510 is a start. IMHO
Talk about overcharging!
Insurrectionists don’t go home after an hour.

Did Trump Incite Insurrection? by Rachel Alexander (townhall.com)
11 Jan 2021 ~~ By Rachel Alexander
I didn’t really want to write this article since I’ll probably be banned faster from big tech than expected, but as a lawyer whose favorite area of law is constitutional law, I see it as my duty. The left is trying to get rid of President Trump before the end of his term, saying he incited an insurrection in the speech he gave near the White House on January 6. House Democrats have drafted Articles of Impeachment with over 150 sponsors. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi compared Trump’s actions to those of President Nixon’s in Watergate. Dozens of Democrats and some Republicans are also calling on Vice President Mike Pence and the cabinet to remove Trump through the 25th Amendment, saying he is no longer fit for office.
The Articles of Impeachment say Trump shall be removed for treason, bribery or other high crimes and misdemeanors under the Fourteenth Amendment, which prohibits the president (as well as the vice president, Congress and state legislators) from engaging in insurrection against the Constitution.
They use a lot of vague, lofty language but are short on specifics. They say he “gravely endangered the security of the United States government.” They claim he “threatened the integrity of the democratic system, interfered with the peaceful transfer of power, and imperiled a coordinate branch of government.” What do they cite as his dangerous words? Saying he won the election by a landslide. He encouraged “imminent lawless action” which “interfered with the peaceful transition of power.” They assert that he will “remain a threat to national security, democracy and the Constitution if allowed to remain in office.”
~Snip~
So let’s look at what Trump actually said. "I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol Building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard." This is the opposite of inciting violence. This is speech protected under the First Amendment. In fact, it is the heart of free speech, the right to march in political protest.
As for remaining a threat if he stays in office and thwarting the peaceful transition of power, the Democrats failed to mention in their Articles that after the violence started, Trump tweeted twice denouncing the violence, then followed up with a video denouncing it again. He conceded the election, saying his “focus now turns to ensuring a smooth, orderly and seamless transition of power.”
~Snip~
The left is far more guilty of inciting violence than the president, but they have the MSM behind them to focus all the attention on Trump, and big tech behind them to punish both the president and the right. Big tech is now using the Capitol break-in to speed up the purge of conservatives, attacking us on multiple levels including at the roots of the internet, which I will address how to combat next week.

Comment:
The violence of insurrection were begun by Democrats like Representatives like Waters, Schiff, and especially Pelosi.
Nowhere in President Trump's January 6th speech did he incite the people to assault the Capitol Building.
Neither the Media or the Progressive Marxist/DSA Democrat Left have ever been objective, reasonable or honest in their attitude and reporting the truth or politics. They both have been consumate liars. To Progressive Marxist/DSA Democrat Leftists, the truth is completely irrelevant to them. 90% us will never know what Trump said, but 100% of us will know Democrat politicians and media are 100% sure he must be removed.
IMHO, there is no greater proof that Trump is working against Satan than the Democrats constant irrational, illogical, deceitful attacks on him.
There is no doubt in my mind that the riot of January 6th was a False Flag operation conducted by Antifa/BLM. The was typical to actions of terrorists not the people that were peacefully there to protest..
Incite it? For crying out loud, Trump PLANNED it!

After all, why do you think the rally was called the "Save America Rally"? And why do you think it was scheduled for the afternoon of the certification? And why do you think it was planned to take place so close to the Capitol? And why do you think the GOP doesn't want an investigation, including looking at Trump's, and his aides,' and Roger Stone's cell phone and Internet communications before and during the insurrection?
And why do you think Trump just went back to the WH and watched it on TV?

510 is a start. IMHO
Five hundred and ten charged (out of hundreds of thousands) but no convictions five months later? So what exactly do you think has been proven?
No charges at all for the government flunkies known to have exceeded their authority using unjustifiable violence against American civilians. That used to be known as police brutality but I guess that's something we can just expect under those who now claim to be the our new Federal government, How so very totalitarian of them. How dare the peons even question their masters?! Yeah, yeah we've heard it all before from a long list totalitarian governments around the world.

"And why do you think it was scheduled for the afternoon of the certification?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 19th, a Don Trump message to 70+million Twitter followers:

“Big protest in D.C. on January 6th." .... “Be there, will be wild!”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That would be because of the bogus election.

That would be because of the bogus election.
Uh, no. That's because conservatives are fucking loons.

Forum List

Back