Did Toyota Prius Driver Fake Unintended Acceleration? Ye be the judge

Contumacious

Radical Freedom
Aug 16, 2009
Adjuntas, PR , USA
Did Toyota Prius Driver Fake Unintended Acceleration?
Driver's Credibility Called Into Question

20100311_James_Sikes_Toyota_driver_614_rb

"Did the driver of a runaway Toyota Prius in San Diego tell the truth when he said his accelerator pedal stuck earlier this week? New evidence is calling the driver's credibility into question, although the real answer will not be entirely clear until Toyota and the NHTSA announce the results of their investigation. Details about the driver, James Sikes, leave many wondering if he had ulterior motives for his claims.

USA Today and Jalopnik.com are directly asking the question as to whether or not he faked the incident, citing previous issues with debt and repeated insurance claims as reason for their doubts.

The reports indicate that prior to his unintended acceleration incident, James Sikes and his wife -- both realtors -- found themselves grappling with California's notorious housing bubble and filed for bankruptcy in 2008. Reports show they have $700,000 in debt to their names. He already had a motor home, Mercedes-Benz automobile and Dodge Truck repossessed in the proceedings with creditors.

Among the creditors to whom he owes payments is Toyota Financial Services. Various reports indicate that Sikes is either current with his payments or behind by five months on the 2008 Toyota Prius involved in this week's incident, which has 7,200 miles on it and is valued at $20,494."

there's not a doubt in my mind, put it together, bobamie buys two american car companies, fucks over the bond holders, retiree pension funds, and investors in favor of the unions,, yep, the whole Toyota thing is a left wing search and destroy operation. it's just a matter of time,, the dirty truth will surface.. just one more nail in the coffin.

I see know way that car could have run off like that. None of the safety mechanisms worked and the idiot was unable to figure out what "Neutral" meant

I see know way that car could have run off like that. None of the safety mechanisms worked and the idiot was unable to figure out what "Neutral" meant

yeah yeah yeah,, and everytime a car has a problem we have inumerable Congressional hearings right and grill the CEO. Nail his ass to the wall. Right?

you asswipes are hysterical

yeah yeah yeah,, and everytime a car has a problem we have inumerable Congressional hearings right and grill the CEO. Nail his ass to the wall. Right?

Doesn't negate the fact that wonderkin manufacturer Toyota screwed up royally. The California guy probably faked it but that doen't get Toyota off the hook

Toyota now has the quality reputation of a Yugo

Bigtime wakeup call for Toyota

Doesn't negate the fact that wonderkin manufacturer Toyota screwed up royally. The California guy probably faked it but that doen't get Toyota off the hook

I'm saying yer wrong. I'm saying in time the truth will come out. There ain't no damn low that's too damn low for a democrat to go. We all know that.

Nothing surprising in the OP. Cons hate regulation of any kind, unless it's their regulating of other folks' behavior.

From the story posted,I think he may end up serving some time in some real estate owned by the state or the feds. At least he will still be in real estate.

Yah, gettin woke up after our government has shoved something hot and sharp up their ass! I feel uncomfortable with our government being in the car business. Now it kinda seems justified to really question anything that goes on in it. I wonder if Toyota deserves this horrid publicity.

I'm saying yer wrong. I'm saying in time the truth will come out. There ain't no damn low that's too damn low for a democrat to go. We all know that.

so the toyota's are obamas and the democrats fault?

Neither. It's the emperor's payback for WWII.

They like to plan long-term.

No but they are using it to attack a car company that has always put out a great product that has lasted longer than any American made car. Now that Govt Motors are still losing money after the millions stolen from the American people, they have used this recall, btw which GM are known for, to try and make Toyota seem like a inferior product to GM.

I say fuck them both, buy Ford!!!!!

You people never quit. First Bush....then Sarah Palin....then Joe The Plumber.....then Bank CEOs.......now Toyota.

Who's gonna be the next target?

Insightful post there Willow..

You are right, Obama obviously put him up to it :cuckoo:

You people never quit. First Bush....then Sarah Palin....then Joe The Plumber.....then Bank CEOs.......now Toyota.

Who's gonna be the next target?

Obviously, all those safety failures in Toyotas were sabotage. None of this would have happened if the Republicans were in charge. More likely, they would have helped Toyota to sweep the problems under the rug

Some people are just plain 'ol bad drivers.

Just sayin'.

Forum List

Back