Did the Congressional Budget Office deliberately less inform the Congress and the public?

Supposn

Gold Member
Jul 26, 2009
Did the Congressional Budget Office deliberately less inform the Congress and the public?
Concerning Congressional Budget Office’s reports regarding the federal minimum wage rate:
To the extent of its purchasing power, our federal minimum wage rate reduces incidences and extent of poverty among our nation’s working-poor. That’s its purpose and justification.

The applicable minimum rate directly or (due to employers’ wage differential practices), almost directly affects all lower wage rates, earnings of those rates, and unemployment benefits due to prior earnings of those rates.
Decades after enacting modifications of its purchasing power, it indirectly affects social security, or long-term disability, or pensions incomes and benefits indirectly based upon prior low-wage rate earnings. It has extremely little or no affect upon any other families’ incomes or benefits.

The CBO’s reports regarding the federal minim wage rate employ U.S. census Bureau’s brackets of families’ total incomes ratios to their poverty thresholds, to differentiate between families of different sizes and total incomes. But the effects of the federal minimum wage rate upon families of similar sizes and poverty thresholds, can differ greatly due to proportional differences of those families’ incomes and benefits categories.

Without at very least providing the 2025 projected proportional changes of family’s total incomes derived directly from wages, CBO’s analysis of the proposed “Raise the Wage Act” was not informative, but it also was not the condemnation that opponents of minimum wage rates had hoped for. Possibly the CBO was directed or chose not to consider proportions of wages within total incomes and benefits to deliberately less inform our U.S. Congress and the public?
Respectfully, Supposn

Concerning Congressional Budget Office’s reports regarding the federal minimum wage rate:
To the extent of its purchasing power, our federal minimum wage rate reduces incidences and extent of poverty among our nation’s working-poor. That’s its purpose and justification.

The applicable minimum rate directly or (due to employers’ wage differential practices), almost directly affects all lower wage rates, earnings of those rates, and unemployment benefits due to prior earnings of those rates.
Decades after enacting modifications of its purchasing power, it indirectly affects social security, or long-term disability, or pensions incomes and benefits indirectly based upon prior low-wage rate earnings. It has extremely little or no affect upon any other families’ incomes or benefits.

The CBO’s reports regarding the federal minim wage rate employ U.S. census Bureau’s brackets of families’ total incomes ratios to their poverty thresholds, to differentiate between families of different sizes and total incomes. But the effects of the federal minimum wage rate upon families of similar sizes and poverty thresholds, can differ greatly due to proportional differences of those families’ incomes and benefits categories.

Without at very least providing the 2025 projected proportional changes of family’s total incomes derived directly from wages, CBO’s analysis of the proposed “Raise the Wage Act” was not informative, but it also was not the condemnation that opponents of minimum wage rates had hoped for. Possibly the CBO was directed or chose not to consider proportions of wages within total incomes and benefits to deliberately less inform our U.S. Congress and the public?
Respectfully, Supposn
Just look at the first word in CBO, Congressional...Liars .....

Boosts the economy. When we put money in the pockets of workers and their families, they will spend that
money in local businesses. Even after a modest minimum wage increase of just $1, spending in households with
minimum wage workers increased, on average, at least $700 per quarter, according to economic research.
The Raise the Wage Act helps create an economy that works for everyone, not just the wealthy few.

Geezus!

Even my teenage daughter understands what happens when min wage gets raised.
Yes

Your daughter would earn more money for college instead of providing a low wage workforce for business owners.

But never mind......You can always borrow the difference so your daughter can go to college

Geezus!

Yes

Your daughter would earn more money for college instead of providing a low wage workforce for business owners.

But never mind......You can always borrow the difference so your daughter can go to college

Happily, my teenage daughter STILL understands what happens when min wage is increased, unlike you.

Geezus!

Yes

Happily, my teenage daughter STILL understands what happens when min wage is increased, unlike you.
If she thinks prices will go up one for one, she is wrong.
Business adapts
They adapt to increases in the costs of supplies, costs of rent, costs of advertising, tax increases...

The only thing you and your daughter thinks they can’t adapt to is wage increases.

Meanwhile, your daughter will be forced to work at a wage that won’t help her pay for college while her employer pockets more profit.

Geezus!

Yes

Go ahead and cite the studies of gradual minimum wage increases that merely meet or beat inflation.

Doubling the minimum wage once is special pleading and the private sector should have a good excuse for a tax break to cope since higher paid labor will be creating more in demand and generating more in tax revenue for Government.

Boosts the economy. When we put money in the pockets of workers and their families, they will spend that
money in local businesses.

OK, danny - Here's a simple question that I'm sure you can answer.

When min wage increases, what else increases?
When the minimum wage is raised gradually instead of the shock of doubling? Mostly nothing; it is usually not considered statistically significant enough to bother with the cost to raise prices.

private sector should have a good excuse to for a tax break to cope

The private sector just got a 40 percent tax break.
It should have been directly tied to an increase in low end wages.

Instead, they pocketed the additional profit while their employees continue to provide them low cost wages

When the minimum wage is raised gradually instead of the shock of doubling? Mostly nothing; it is usually not considered statistically significant enough to bother with the cost to raise prices.
Unfortunately, when minimum wage hasn’t been increased in eleven years, you have no choice but a large increase in minimum wage.
Especially since it may be another 11 years before Congress considers a wage increase

If she thinks prices will go up one for one, she is wrong.

Business adapts
They adapt to increases in the costs of supplies, costs of rent, costs of advertising, tax increases...

How does business adapt to an increase in min wage?

Be specific, now.

The only thing you and your daughter thinks they can’t adapt to is wage increases.

False assumption/deflection, but nice try. Try again.

Meanwhile, your daughter will be forced to work at a wage that won’t help her pay for college while her employer pockets more profit.

^^^ this statement is most interesting because it's nothing more than word salad.
I never posted what my daughter might or might not do for a living nor if she's a college student or a college graduate.

What I did post was "even my teenage daughter understands what happens when min wage is increased".

You are treading on very thin ice should you continue to post more than I've allowed you to know about my teenage daughter.

Geezus!

Yes

Go ahead and cite the studies of gradual minimum wage increases that merely meet or beat inflation.

Doubling the minimum wage once is special pleading and the private sector should have a good excuse for a tax break to cope since higher paid labor will be creating more in demand and generating more in tax revenue for Government.

Cite your own studies! I'm not your secretary.

private sector should have a good excuse to for a tax break to cope

The private sector just got a 40 percent tax break.
It should have been directly tied to an increase in low end wages.

Instead, they pocketed the additional profit while their employees continue to provide them low cost wages

Now, here is something I can agree with you on - but it has NOTHING to do with min wage.

Unfortunately, when minimum wage hasn’t been increased in eleven years, you have no choice but a large increase in minimum wage.
Especially since it may be another 11 years before Congress considers a wage increase

Fed min wage works fine in some states.

In the states it doesn't work so well, then the states increase min wage.

but, but, but.... what would happen if ALL states had he same min wage?
I know the answer to this. As does my daughter ;)

Thanks. However the Congress did finally come up with a, raise the wage act, which eventually ties the minimum wage to inflation.

Geezus!

Yes

Cite your own studies! I'm not your secretary.
All the studies I have read claimed the same thing. Only right wing Hoaxsters claim what they do.

Fed min wage works fine in some states.

In the states it doesn't work so well, then the states increase min wage.

but, but, but.... what would happen if ALL states had he same min wage?
I know the answer to this. As does my daughter ;)
Lowering the Cost of Government and our Tax burden by reducing the need for more expensive means tested welfare?

New Topics

Forum List

Back