Did President Obama Let Four Americans Die In Benghazi?

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012

Doug Johnson @ Wizbang:
Did President Obama Let Four Americans Die In Benghazi? | Flopping Aces

New details about the assassination of Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans in Benghazi, Libya are still coming out daily. Just the other day we learned about e-mails from the Embassy in Tripoli sent to the State Department and the White House situation room detailing the attack in progress and that terrorists claimed responsibility. Now we are finding out that the attack lasted for seven hours and that our government was watching a live feed of the attack in progress. That begs the question, “why didn’t we respond with military force?”

Charles Woods, the father of Tyrone Woods, one of those killed in the attack is now publicly questioning who made decided to respond with force to the attack on our. From The Weekly Standard:

“Apparently even the State Department had a live stream and was aware of their calls for help. My son wasn’t even there. He was at a safe house about a mile away. He got the distress call; he heard them crying for help; that’s why he and Glen risked their lives to go that extra mile just to take care of the situation. And I’m sure that wasn’t the only one received that distress call—you know, come save our lives … I’m sure that other people in the military, in the State Department, in the White House, received that same call that he would receive. And I’m sure that most military people would jump at the chance … to protect that life [and] not leave anyone behind.”

Woods made clear that he isn’t “mad,” but that he wants to the “truth” to be told because he feels ” abandoned.”

Woods says he was told by military officials that the military could have “come above [the area] and completely carpeted area,” and therefore saved the officials in Benghazi, Libya. But that someone gave the command for the American military not to save the lives of the Americans under attack.

“When I heard, you know, that there’s a very good chance that the White House as well as other members of the military knew what was going on and obviously someone had to say, don’t go rescue them. Because every person in the military–their first response [would be], we’re going to go rescue them. We need to find out who it was that gave that command–do not rescue them.”

Picking up from there is IBD:

Scandal: More than six hours after terrorists attacked our consulate, former Navy SEALs manned a blood-soaked machine gun to defend U.S. territory. Meanwhile Apache helicopters sat on the ground in Italy.

At 4 a.m. local time on Sept. 11 — six hours and 20 minutes after the initial attack began — former Navy SEALs Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty were killed at the CIA annex not far from the consulate by a mortar shell. The machine gun they were firing was encrusted with blood, an indication they continued to fight after being wounded.

During that eternity, Woods and Doherty might have wondered between gunfire and explosions where the military, with bases strewn across Europe, was. U.S. forces were indeed being moved like chess pieces as the attack unfolded, but none came to their aid because no one gave the order.

…”The last two casualties occurred well over six hours after the initial attack,” Sens. John McCain and Lindsey Graham noted. “It is disappointing to hear that our national command authorities failed to try to reinforce the consulate with timely air assets, and that a consulate located in one of the most dangerous regions in the world was so unsecured.”

At The Washington Times gets the administration’s non-answer answer today:

Read more:
Did President Obama Let Four Americans Die In Benghazi? | Wizbang

Impeachment Hearings should be begin IMMEDIATELY.. This is beyond neglience.. This Administration made a WILLFUL decision to allow Americans to die.. Turned down helping our own citizens under attack by AL-QAEDA... Talk about a knife in the back.. BETRAYAL.. UTTER BETRAYAL by the Coward-N-Chief!

magic-8-ball_3.jpg

Impeachment Hearings should be begin IMMEDIATELY.. This is beyond neglience.. This Administration made a WILLFUL decision to allow Americans to die.. Turned down helping our own citizens under attack by AL-QAEDA... Talk about a knife in the back.. BETRAYAL.. UTTER BETRAYAL by the Coward-N-Chief!

I've been thinking a lot about this.

If they started impeachment BEFORE the elections, it would be a HUGE mess. What would that do to the election process at this late hour? I heard that the hearings on Benghazi are starting on 11/15, which might be a good idea!

If Obama is not re-elected, then all they need to do is arrest him and take him to trial. No impeachment, just go to trial and figure it all out. I'm really not sure how it works, but it would be less of a hassle and money/time spent if they end up not having to impeach him.

If Obama IS re-elected, then go for the impeachment. Why waste their time on everything involved in an impeachment if it ends up they don't need to?

Either way, i don't believe he's going to get out of this. If he does, and if Hillary gets away with it, then i'll know for sure that our country is doomed and i'm going to be in constant prayer for my family, kids, grandkids....they won't have a chance!

I've been thinking a lot about this.

If they started impeachment BEFORE the elections, it would be a HUGE mess. What would that do to the election process at this late hour? I heard that the hearings on Benghazi are starting on 11/15, which might be a good idea!

If Obama is not re-elected, then all they need to do is arrest him and take him to trial. No impeachment, just go to trial and figure it all out. I'm really not sure how it works, but it would be less of a hassle and money/time spent if they end up not having to impeach him.

If Obama IS re-elected, then go for the impeachment. Why waste their time on everything involved in an impeachment if it ends up they don't need to?

Either way, i don't believe he's going to get out of this. If he does, and if Hillary gets away with it, then i'll know for sure that our country is doomed and i'm going to be in constant prayer for my family, kids, grandkids....they won't have a chance!

All great points!

“I think Governor Romney maybe hasn’t spent enough time looking at how our military works,” Obama said. “You mentioned the Navy, for example, and that we have fewer ships than we did in 1916. Well, Governor, we also have fewer horses and bayonets (laughter) because the nature of our military’s changed. We have these things called aircraft carriers where planes land on them. We have these ships that go underwater, nuclear submarines."

"And so the question is not a game of Battleship where we’re counting ships, it’s – it’s what are our capabilities. And so when I sit down with the Secretary of the Navy and the Joint Chiefs of Staff," President Obama continued, "We determine how are we going to best able to meet all of our defense needs in a way that also keeps faith with our troops, that also makes sure our veterans have the kind of support that they need when they come home. And that is not reflected in the kind of budget you’re putting forward, because it just don’t work.”

Forum List

Back