Did Lenny Dykstra really do this?

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
He just came out with a book "House of Nails" where he says he regularly blackmailed umpires!! Around 1990 he paid a private detective agency $500,000 to find dirt on the umps. Lenny would then mention these findings to the umps to get better ball/strike counts at the plate. Page 125 of the book.

All societies are corrupt. Man is corrupt. But our baseball is not as corrupt as UK sports, particularly the football teams that throw games all the time.

Nails is a notorious liar....I ain't buying it.

I think he's lying too though i can't think of why he'd lie about something like this. Maybe he just likes to act tough.

Does he name names? I can think of a few umps over the years who could have been on the take. The NBA had a bad problem about ten years back and I haven't bet on an NFL game since the 80's Oakland Raiders shenanigans.

• Banned
Does he name names? I can think of a few umps over the years who could have been on the take. The NBA had a bad problem about ten years back and I haven't bet on an NFL game since the 80's Oakland Raiders shenanigans.

No, he didn't give names. Of one ump he said "I don't want to name him because he's retired and there's no point in dragging his name through the dirt.".

Forum List

Back