Did Grassley staffer hide evidence?

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
Did A Top GOP Staffer For Sen. Grassley Cover Up Evidence Of News Corp Hacking In The U.S.? | ThinkProgress

In 2006, Grassley was chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, and Emmel had gone to the committee looking for help. According to court filings, Grassley investigative staffer Nick Podsiadly had spoken with Emmel and told him that the committee would consider its own inquiry into the matter or he would refer the documents to the Justice Department. Podsiadly was Emmel’s best hope. After he submitted the sensitive information about his employer to the Senate Finance Committee, Emmel signed a non-disclosure agreement with News Corp, and was dismissed from the company the following month. News Corp unleashed a slew of lawyers against Emmel, which eventually forced the man into bankruptcy. As the New York Times has reported, News Corp more or less extinguished allegations of corporate espionage with $655 million in various settlements and buy-outs to competitors. (In-store marketing companies Valassis and Insignia claimed that News Corp had used similar tactics against them.)

Podsiadly, as it turned out, may have never opened an inquiry or passed along Emmel’s tip to the Department of Justice.

Last edited:
  • Banned
hmmmm court filings.

I wonder how this is going to pan out?

I think the current investigations into Murdoch's media empire, and what has so far been discovered, are just the tip of the iceberg.

• Banned
And he is going to go down.

Which means the right will lose its grip of the media

• Banned
It also sounds pretty bad for this grassley aide and anyone involved in hiding a whistleblowers case.

I thought the right liked whistle blowers now?

So he's guilty? Or do we not bother with evidence now?

Fucking lefties and their hatred for due process.

Cali would spew hate on herself if Obama backed her

You're quite an irrational little twit, you know that, right?

But... on the bright side.... it is hysterically entertaining to watch you spew hatred and accuse others of putting party over country.... look in a mirror, sweetie. The hate monger is staring back at you. The one who puts party over country is staring back at you.

I, on the other hand, don't have a party. :eusa_angel:

this is not just going to disapear because you are a partisan hack cali

:lol::lol:

Honestly, I don't give a shit either way. If he's guilty, fine. Difference between you and me is that I remain rational and wait for actual evidence whereas you assume guilt and lie. Again, however, your calling anyone - absolutely anyone on this board - a 'partisan hack' is hysterical. Really. :lol: You and rdweeb are the biggest hacks on the board. Neither of you shows the slightest ability to criticize your Messiah or your fucking corrupt party of racists.

:lol::lol:

Honestly, I don't give a shit either way. If he's guilty, fine. Difference between you and me is that I remain rational and wait for actual evidence whereas you assume guilt and lie. Again, however, your calling anyone - absolutely anyone on this board - a 'partisan hack' is hysterical. Really. :lol: You and rdweeb are the biggest hacks on the board. Neither of you shows the slightest ability to criticize your Messiah or your fucking corrupt party of racists.
TDM and Deany are getting boring...

Cali would spew hate on herself if Obama backed her

You're quite an irrational little twit, you know that, right?

But... on the bright side.... it is hysterically entertaining to watch you spew hatred and accuse others of putting party over country.... look in a mirror, sweetie. The hate monger is staring back at you. The one who puts party over country is staring back at you.

I, on the other hand, don't have a party. :eusa_angel:
Make that Two

And he is going to go down.

Which means the right will lose its grip of the media

yes. certainly the media has been controlled by the right for decades :rolleyes:
TDM resides in an alternate Universe like many of the leftists on here and thier visits to the real world are frequent and scary...because sadly?

They vote.

Ah,the news according to somebody named Lee Fang from a left wing site called "think progress". A whistleblower thinks he got a raw deal because the Senate didn't look into News Corp's finances in 2006. Smoking Gun? Give me a break? In a just society Obama would be sitting in jail for authorizing the ATF operation that shipped 2,000 illegal automatic weapons to Mexico.

According to court filings, Grassley investigative staffer Nick Podsiadly had spoken with Emmel and told him that the committee would consider its own inquiry into the matter or he would refer the documents to the Justice Department.

Forum List

Back