Did Billy Graham get a message from God?

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
I'm wondering seeing as how Graham made a change in his "cult list."

Billy Graham’s Evangelical Group Removes Mormonism From Cult List

CHARLOTTE (CBS Charlotte/AP) — The evangelical group run by Rev. Billy Graham does not believe Mormonism is a religious cult anymore.
According to The Charlotte Observer, the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association removed Mormonism from its list of religious cults this past week.

“Our primary focus at the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association has always been promoting the Gospel of Jesus Christ,” Ken Barun, the association’s chief of staff, told The Observer in a statement. “We removed the information from the website because we do not wish to participate in a theological debate about something that has become politicized during this campaign.”

Scientologists, Unitarians, and Jehovah’s Witnesses, among others, were listed as religious cults according to Graham’s association.
The move comes after Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney met with Graham last week, with the aging evangelist pledging to do “all I can” to help the GOP nominee win the presidency.

Romney went to see Graham and his son, the Rev. Franklin Graham, at the elderly evangelist’s mountaintop home in the mountains of western North Carolina.

Billy Graham’s Evangelical Group Removes Mormonism From Cult List « CBS Charlotte

CHARLOTTE (CBS Charlotte/AP) — The evangelical group run by Rev. Billy Graham does not believe Mormonism is a religious cult anymore.
According to The Charlotte Observer, the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association removed Mormonism from its list of religious cults this past week.

“Our primary focus at the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association has always been promoting the Gospel of Jesus Christ,” Ken Barun, the association’s chief of staff, told The Observer in a statement. “We removed the information from the website because we do not wish to participate in a theological debate about something that has become politicized during this campaign.”

Scientologists, Unitarians, and Jehovah’s Witnesses, among others, were listed as religious cults according to Graham’s association.
The move comes after Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney met with Graham last week, with the aging evangelist pledging to do “all I can” to help the GOP nominee win the presidency.

Romney went to see Graham and his son, the Rev. Franklin Graham, at the elderly evangelist’s mountaintop home in the mountains of western North Carolina.

Billy Graham’s Evangelical Group Removes Mormonism From Cult List « CBS Charlotte

I just think it's funny that hard core conservatives christians arent nearly had hateful and racist as you libtards claim....and man if a black goes republican they get all kinds of racist talk.....

I just think it's funny that hard core conservatives christians arent nearly had hateful and racist as you libtards claim....and man if a black goes republican they get all kinds of racist talk.....

You're reading something into my post that wasn't written there. AND you didn't address the question.

So, Romney visits Billy Graham and suddenly, almost MIRACULOUSLY, Graham's evangelical group removes Mormonism from their cult list after how many years? Don't you think an explanation of one kind or another is warranted? I mean, did the Lord speak to Graham? Or was this a decision made by a man (or men) based on worldly concerns?

You're reading something into my post that wasn't written there. AND you didn't address the question.

So, Romney visits Billy Graham and suddenly, almost MIRACULOUSLY, Graham's evangelical group removes Mormonism from their cult list after how many years? Don't you think an explanation of one kind or another is warranted? I mean, did the Lord speak to Graham? Or was this a decision made by a man (or men) based on worldly concerns?

Well you're implying something....go ahead and spit it out.....Maybe Mitt showed mormons werent weird, there is a lot of misinformation about them, just like many religions (I know plenty and am fine with them and im a very very conservative baptist), I dont know...some people think Catholics are a cult....again I dont....my wife is catholic....

If you mean that Bishop Willard showed him the light of many God-Almighty dollars, then yes "God" spoke to him. :D

Well you're implying something....go ahead and spit it out.....Maybe Mitt showed mormons werent weird, there is a lot of misinformation about them, just like many religions (I know plenty and am fine with them and im a very very conservative baptist), I dont know...some people think Catholics are a cult....again I dont....my wife is catholic....

So, you think that Billy Graham never met another Mormon before in his life?

That's pretty amazing.

I guess Romney is just that persuasive...

As ive mentioned elsewhere, I am glad to see Billy Repent of this. His life has been good, but it's always good to see it become a little better.

Not to worry.

I'm sure he's still keepin' an eye on Jewish-folks.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2UrqCp9K1I]Nixon and Reverend Billy Graham on the Jewish Media Mafia - YouTube[/ame]​

That's pretty amazing.

Considering Graham's lifetime of extensive travel all across the country and the globe, it's unbelievable.

That's the 800 pound gorilla in the room . Christians are not going to drop all teachings about mormons to vote for romney , some will the rest will stay home .

That's the 800 pound gorilla in the room . Christians are not going to drop all teachings about mormons to vote for romney , some will the rest will stay home .

Maybe that's the whole point. Graham is trying to help clear the evangelical Christian deck to make Romney acceptable to Christian voters who've heard for a lifetime that Mormonism is a cult and therefore unbiblical.
"This is Billy Graham speaking (for God, of course). Hey, you Christians out there... All that stuff I've been saying for years about Mormonism? Forget it! Forget it ALL! They're not a cult like I've been saying for my entire adult life. They's Christians just like we is. So, uh, you can vote for the Mormon guy, and you don't have to worry about going to hell. But if a Jehovah's Witness or a Scientologist ever runs for president, don't vote for THEM. They're DEFINITELY cults. Billy Graham, over and out"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3_N1YkkUlI]Billy Graham: Mormonism No Longer a Cult? - YouTube[/ame]

Maybe that's the whole point. Graham is trying to help clear the evangelical Christian deck to make Romney acceptable to Christian voters who've heard for a lifetime that Mormonism is a cult and therefore unbiblical.
"This is Billy Graham speaking (for God, of course). Hey, you Christians out there... All that stuff I've been saying for years about Mormonism? Forget it! Forget it ALL! They're not a cult like I've been saying for my entire adult life. They's Christians just like we is. So, uh, you can vote for the Mormon guy, and you don't have to worry about going to hell. But if a Jehovah's Witness or a Scientologist ever runs for president, don't vote for THEM. They're DEFINITELY cults. Billy Graham, over and out"

That just my thinking . Last election McCain / palin was rocking , the yards looked like tomb stones so many yard sighs . Now only a few . I'm in the Bible Belt Arkansas .

"Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!"
He said, "Nobody loves me."
I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"
He said, "Yes."
I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?"
He said, "A Christian."
I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?"
He said, "Protestant."
I said, "Me, too! What franchise?"
He said, "Baptist."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?"
He said, "Northern Baptist."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"
He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?"
He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912."
I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over."

Emo Philips

Voted 44th funniest joke of all time in "The 75 Funniest Jokes of All Time" in GQ magazine (June 1999)

Forum List

Back