Did anyone vote for Trump because they thought he paid a significant amount of income tax?

If the Times report is true, and that’s a big IF, Donnie looks bad.

Why?
Really? You ask that question. Really?

Donnie proclaimed he was a great businessman and a billionaire. The Times piece would seem to refute that IF its true.
What's the ratio of Trumps successful businesses to the failed businesses?
You probably have that in your notes somewhere.
More like what is making him money and what is costing him his money.

Trump was getting a lot of money from his successful TV show and used that to prop up his failing real estate and golf courses.

Calling him a real estate mogul isn’t very accurate. He’s a television star with a very expensive hobby.
You're not really answering the question, but thanks for your opinion.
I was looking for an actually ratio.
Just pointing out that your question isn’t a very helpful way of looking at it. Let’s say he has a thousand businesses that all earn $5 a year and one that loses a billion.

No one in their right mind would consider that success.

They voted Trump for HIGHER Deficits, Debts, Inflation Theft, Stock Prices, Crime Rates, Mass Murders & Lower Jobs, Education, GDP growth, Opportunity.

Wrong, all thats happening because of lib governors and mayors getting their dictatorship on.
EVERY Republican President in US History CAUSED JOB KILLING RECESSIONS or DEPRESSION = terms served!!!

Democrat Presidents RARELY cause recession (1 in 70+ years) & NEVER depression. Democrat Presidents usually deliver Good Economy, Jobs, Healthcare, Opportunity, Education, GDP growth with lower Deficits, Inflation Theft, Crime Rates, Mass Murders.

People believed Trump was a self-made billionaire successful businessman. He was never ever any of those things. He has been a fraud, a fake, a liar, and con-man his whole life.
Didn’t that thing Rachel Maddow uncover that in 2005 alone Trump paid more in income taxes than you and everybody you know will pay over the course of your lifetimes?

Can the Police be funded on $750 a year? They'd already be defunded if they had to rely on Trump for jack
/----/ 47% pay no taxes at all. How can we fund the Police/Fire/EMT with zero? Everyone should pay a flat 10% income with no deductions.
Never figured that billionaire Don would be in the ranks of the 47%. Just shows how skewed the tax laws are to benefit rich people.

Can the Police be funded on $750 a year? They'd already be defunded if they had to rely on Trump for jack
/----/ 47% pay no taxes at all. How can we fund the Police/Fire/EMT with zero? Everyone should pay a flat 10% income with no deductions.
Never figured that billionaire Don would be in the ranks of the 47%. Just shows how skewed the tax laws are to benefit rich people.

Whoopsie....Don’t you just hate it when those pesky facts get in the way of those FEELZ you’re after?
  • The top 1 percent paid a greater share of individual income taxes (37.3 percent) than the bottom 90 percent combined (30.5 percent).
  • The top 1 percent of taxpayers paid a 26.9 percent individual income tax rate, which is more than seven times higher than taxpayers in the bottom 50 percent (3.7 percent).

Did they vote for him because he was a billionaire business tycoon?
Did they vote for him because they hoped he’d be their savior should a manufactured virus hit America?
Did they vote for him because he’s verbally articulate?

As the latest talking points / narrative develops, I’m curious, will anyone vote for him on the aforementioned issues in November?
Seems that Trump is a failure on all the above counts. Republicans for years have said that everyone should pay taxes so they have "skin" in the game. Here we have a supposed billionaire who hasn't paid taxes in 15 years or only paid some minuscule tax like $750. Guess that's where all the republican tax cuts have been good for.

Did they vote for him because they hoped he’d be their savior should a manufactured virus hit America?

As the latest talking points / narrative develops, I’m curious, will anyone vote for him on the aforementioned issues in November?
No...
  • They voted for him because he promised to keep the Beaners out...
  • They voted for him because he promised to kick the Muzzies out and keep the rest from coming in...
  • They voted for him because he promised to Make America White Again...
  • They voted for him because he promised to bring manufacturing jobs back to America China...
And they used his self-proclaimed so-called Business Acumen as one of the secondary arguments in favor of voting for him in 2016...

Now that the rest of you know for-certain what many of us above the age of 5 figured-out back in 2016...

It's clear that you were suckered-in by a bull$hit artist, channeling the Ghost of P.T. Barnum, who also knew...

"There's a sucker born every minute." ...

In our present-day political context, these slavish, servile worshipers of the Cult of the Orange Baboon God (R) need to reexamine their faith...

For the good of The People, their Republic, and its Constitution...

Mac1958 whats your thoughts....do you believe anybody voted for Trump on the issues listed in the title/OP?
I heard a lot of people saying that Trump is a successful businessman and therefore would make a good president.

Turns out he’s not that great of a businessman.

How many voted for Trump because they believed he was a master businessman?

His taxes reveal that is a myth

Whatever TRUMP is he accomplished things other president tried to do and failed. Along with things other president didn't bother with like getting other countries to pay more in NATO, and flipping off the WHO for being a puppet of China, just 2 examples.

Hey stupid. NOBODY has "paid more into NATO. The other world leaders laughed in Trump's face when he said that stuff. Had Trump read the NATO Treaty he would know that why they were laughing.

Trump lies to you about stuff like NATO and the WHO, and like the good little propagandist that you are, you repeat the lies. All you demonstrate by repeating what Trump tells you is that you're stupid, gullible and ill-informed.

Lies, propaganda, and bullshit are the reasons you're voting for Trump, and they're the ONLY reasons you vote for him.

And Trump spouts off about Hunter Biden when Ivanka and Jr are feeding at the trough

Gonna give my kids 100k each for consultant fees and then deduct it from my taxes If POS can do it I can too Also going to Joe my barber Only charges 20

If the Times report is true, and that’s a big IF, Donnie looks bad.

Why?
Really? You ask that question. Really?

Donnie proclaimed he was a great businessman and a billionaire. The Times piece would seem to refute that IF its true.
What's the ratio of Trumps successful businesses to the failed businesses?
You probably have that in your notes somewhere.
If the Times story is true, he doesn’t have any successful businesses.

I voted for Trump as the first Washington outsider-non-politician to break the cycle and finally get someone in office who would actually expect EFFICIENCY out of government who was representing the NATION and its people instead of just lining their own pockets getting rich lobbying and working for whatever foreign interest can bribe them.
And you managed to vote in someone with more conflicts of interest, foreign entanglements than anyone in the modern era.

Oh, and he’s a terrible businessman whose properties are losing to a of money.

Yeah.....he's a terrible businessman worth billions. :cuckoo:

Mac1958 whats your thoughts....do you believe anybody voted for Trump on the issues listed in the title/OP?
I heard a lot of people saying that Trump is a successful businessman and therefore would make a good president.

It's not that he isn't a good businessman. His financial situation is so bad that it makes him a security threat. He has over $400 million coming due to foreign creditors, within the next four years. It's not clear who exactly those foreign creditors are but just the amount owing is a HUGE concern.

Then's there's the fact that $73 million dollars of the President's income last year came from foreign countries, including Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and other autocratic countries, to whom Donald Trump has given numerous "favours" since his inauguration, including pulling out of Turkey so Erdogan could attack the Kurds.

Are Trump's decision to abandon the Kurds more about keeping his money flowing in from Turkey? Did he agree to sell nuclear technology to the Saudi's so that MBS negotiates an extension on his loans. A poker buddy who worked on Trump Tower Toronto, said that Trump called the shots, but the Saudi's signed the checks.

I voted for Trump as the first Washington outsider-non-politician to break the cycle and finally get someone in office who would actually expect EFFICIENCY out of government who was representing the NATION and its people instead of just lining their own pockets getting rich lobbying and working for whatever foreign interest can bribe them.
And you managed to vote in someone with more conflicts of interest, foreign entanglements than anyone in the modern era.

Worth billions, pays no taxes.

No one cares about Trump's taxes. He was elected to do a job and he's doing it. You Democrats are beating a dead horse, but that's not surprising. You're totally out of touch.

It's not that he isn't a good businessman. His financial situation is so bad that it makes him a security threat. He has over $400 million coming due to foreign creditors, within the next four years. It's not clear who exactly those foreign creditors are but just the amount owing is a HUGE concern.

Then's there's the fact that $73 million dollars of the President's income last year came from foreign countries, including Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and other autocratic countries, to whom Donald Trump has given numerous "favours" since his inauguration, including pulling out of Turkey so Erdogan could attack the Kurds.

Are Trump's decision to abandon the Kurds more about keeping his money flowing in from Turkey? Did he agree to sell nuclear technology to the Saudi's so that MBS negotiates an extension on his loans. A poker buddy who worked on Trump Tower Toronto, said that Trump called the shots, but the Saudi's signed the checks.
So?

That's the point stupid. He's not worth billions. He's been lying to you. The painful stupidity of the Trump Cult.

I've been saying since Trump first refused to release his taxes, it was because he's not a billionaire, and that he didn't want people to know that he really isn't a rich successful businessman. He has money, but a lot less than Fred left him, and with the loan guarantees he's signed, he could be facing personal bankruptcy when they come due.

Forum List

Back