Did anyone predict an all-time high in the S&P500 in August?

the Dow too I think. I have moved out of most of my puts on the high holy days strategy. I don't know when the crash will happen but it is sell on the highs time for me.

the Dow too I think. I have moved out of most of my puts on the high holy days strategy. I don't know when the crash will happen but it is sell on the highs time for me.
I'm curious William are you trimming long positions or selling the winners outright? Personally I'm holding long positions and trading still. It will be interesting to see if we have a small retreat now that we've touched a high point.

I'm curious William are you trimming long positions or selling the winners outright? Personally I'm holding long positions and trading still. It will be interesting to see if we have a small retreat now that we've touched a high point.

Sept. 9-19 are the high holy days for this year. Traditionally that creates a 15% probability of a downturn as observant Jews get out of the market. Worse yet evangelicals also know these numbers and increasingly get out of the market also at this time. Also most people who have been around the market a while also batten down the hatches at this time. Then there is disagreement over whether this is a jubilee year which is even worse than a normal high holy days period. so I have bought 3 spx puts.

I sure didn't, as late summer is notoriously slow for the stock market. We just touched the ALL-TIME HIGH on the S&P 500.

If you charted out the technicals you could see a trajectory that indicated August would be the month - but it was only obvious in the last couple of months - not the whole time. It took a lot longer than I expected.

Forum List

Back