Dicks and Walmart getting sued HAHA

Look at how the America haters smoke spin and lie.

nope, i'm saying any business can refuse anyone service. just the opposite. I'm saying the left is from the position that no one can refuse service, except if it's ok with them. LOL

Business can put restrictions on sales that are not of a discriminatory manner, which means against people of a protected class.

Age (under 40) is not a protected class.

And people who sell dangerous products should be more careful who they sell them to. Take the people who sold Justin Bieber a Lamborgini, that soon after getting it he crashed it, putting himself in the hospital I would never sell a driver that young, a car that fast.
Thats not what their state law says

G0eDI3S-e1445814668170.jpg

yeah, today its gays, tomorrow blacks... the next day Hispanics.... anyone the hate filled white supremacist trumploons don't like.

no one is beating them over the head. they can stop working in a field that offends them.

oops
clueless in Seattle?

trumpscum say what?

Actually the 'whole concept' of PA laws usually revolves around the rights of citizens and they have been found to be constitutional.

But citizens also have the right to free exercise.

Why does one person's right to have a specific cake for their wedding override the cake provider's right to free exercise?

you don't get to refuse accommodation to the public when you run a business.

missing the days of jim crow, dearie?

A contracted service such as a wedding cake isn't a Public Accomodation.

Again i ask, why does this couples right to that specfic wedding cake override the baker's right to free exercise?

Why can't any of you progressive twats answer that question?

I'm not going to try to educate your ignorant self on this subject anymore.

so just stop whining you homophobic loon
the reason you're failing is that you stand on a losing position.

only a subliterate trump troll would pretend they aren't the failures. :rofl:

Minorities should be able to tell the majority to fuck if they want.
Im sorry, i just cant understand the pinko ideology behind their lack of respect for private property.

You know that moment when the drugs where off? Get back to me then.
You just want to defend your bullshit fascism.
Its ok. Its happens constantly.

No, you're really just not making much sense.
How am i not making sense?
I dont believe the fed govt has a right to tell businesses what to do with their own private property.
I disagree with the states doing it but at least its Constitutional.

What country actually governs the way you wold want it to?

Before the courts started bastardizing the Constitution the US did a pretty good job.

You dont seem to understand the situation very well
How so??? If rental car businesses can legally refuse to rent to those under 25 why can't Dicks do the same?
Renting cars involves signing a contract. They way i understand it is, all but 2 states allow rental car companies to set their own standards.

What does 'signing a contract' have to do with it?

What does having a credit card have to do with it, try renting a car without one, most rental car companies won't even accept cash.

I'm really tired of the non sequitur questions in this thread.

that's the trumpscums' new way of derailing threads and trolling...... death by stupid questions.

How so??? If rental car businesses can legally refuse to rent to those under 25 why can't Dicks do the same?
Renting cars involves signing a contract. They way i understand it is, all but 2 states allow rental car companies to set their own standards.

What does 'signing a contract' have to do with it?

What does having a credit card have to do with it, try renting a car without one, most rental car companies won't even accept cash.

I'm really tired of the non sequitur questions in this thread.

that's the trumpscums' new way of derailing threads and trolling...... death by stupid questions.

Obamamonkeys live by double standards.

I point them out all day long, you just ignore them because you are fine with double standards.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/assistant-general-manager-at-krispy-kreme-615650820

Assistant General Manager

Krispy Kreme
Wake Forest, NC, US

Qualifications

Essential skills and Experience:

• High school or GED required
  • Experience with sales, management,
  • Must be at least 21 years of age
  • production, and customer service
  • Strong communication, organizational, and leadership skills
  • Pleasant disposition, sociable, accommodating nature, and enthusiasm
  • Self-motivation, creativity, and adaptability
  • Basic computer, telephone, and fax knowledge
How can a company require a minimum age other than 18? That's discrimination I tell you,. Everybody applying who's under 21 should sue their pants off.

It doesn't matter if they have a state law, the U.S. Constitution will always "TRUMP" state law. IOW--if this got as far as the U.S. Supreme Court--the Oregon law would be overruled. Business's can refuse service to anyone they choose, as long as it's not about race or color. The second issue with this is that they are both national corporations, and therefore not necessarily controlled by a single state law.

You should know by now--that if wedding cake makers and pizza joints can refuse service to gays--then guns sales by private business can also be discretional according to age.
The Right to Refuse Service: Can a Business Refuse Service to Someone?
Where does the Constitution mention race or color?

I just posted it, here it is again. It's federal anti-discrimation law.

Under federal anti-discrimination laws, businesses can refuse service to any person for any reason, unless the business is discriminating against a protected class. At the national level, protected classes include: Race or color.Mar 21, 2017
The Right to Refuse Service: Can a Business Refuse Service to Someone?
I asked you where it said that in the Constitution.
You said the Constitution would trump this state law, i am asking you how.

The U.S. Constitution has no written race or color in it. Technically according to the Constitution, a private business could refuse to serve someone of color or race, but under Federal laws of Protected classes that would be prohibited.

Federal law is the implementation of the Constitution.

To the laughie responder:

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/assistant-general-manager-at-krispy-kreme-615650820

Assistant General Manager

Krispy Kreme
Wake Forest, NC, US

Qualifications

Essential skills and Experience:

• High school or GED required
  • Experience with sales, management,
  • Must be at least 21 years of age
  • production, and customer service
  • Strong communication, organizational, and leadership skills
  • Pleasant disposition, sociable, accommodating nature, and enthusiasm
  • Self-motivation, creativity, and adaptability
  • Basic computer, telephone, and fax knowledge
How can a company require a minimum age other than 18? That's discrimination I tell you,. Everybody applying who's under 21 should sue their pants off.
Does NC have a PA law for age?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...420060cb7bd_story.html?utm_term=.aad35c23c783
PORTLAND, Ore. — An Oregon man filed suits Monday claiming Dick’s Sporting Goods and Walmart discriminated against the 20-year-old when they refused to sell him a rifle.

Dick’s and Walmart restricted gun sales to adults 21 and older in the wake of the Florida high school massacre. The 19-year-old accused in the school slaying bought the AR-15 used in the attack legally.

Oregon law allows residents to buy shotguns or rifles starting at age 18.

Watson is asking judges to force Dick’s and Walmart “to stop unlawfully discriminating against 18, 19, and 20 year-old customers at all Oregon locations.” Additionally, he is asking for unspecified punitive damages.
-----------

2015 ORS 659A.403¹
Discrimination in place of public accommodation prohibited

Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, all persons within the jurisdiction of this state are entitled to the full and equal accommodations, advantages, facilities and privileges of any place of public accommodation, without any distinction, discrimination or restriction on account of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status or age if the individual is of age, as described in this section, or older.
Looks like those fascist PA laws are coming back to haunt some people :badgrin:

the plaintiffs are going to get their butts kicked.

that's what's funny.
Laughing at something that hasn't happened yet, even with the exculpatory evidence plain as day.
What kind of name for a business is "Dickks" anyway?....I'm surprised the left hasn't forced them to change thier name after all of this time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...420060cb7bd_story.html?utm_term=.aad35c23c783
PORTLAND, Ore. — An Oregon man filed suits Monday claiming Dick’s Sporting Goods and Walmart discriminated against the 20-year-old when they refused to sell him a rifle.

Dick’s and Walmart restricted gun sales to adults 21 and older in the wake of the Florida high school massacre. The 19-year-old accused in the school slaying bought the AR-15 used in the attack legally.

Watson is asking judges to force Dick’s and Walmart “to stop unlawfully discriminating against 18, 19, and 20 year-old customers at all Oregon locations.” Additionally, he is asking for unspecified punitive damages.
-----------

2015 ORS 659A.403¹

Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, all persons within the jurisdiction of this state are entitled to the full and equal accommodations, advantages, facilities and privileges of any place of public accommodation, without any distinction, discrimination or restriction on account of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status or age if the individual is of age, as described in this section, or older.

Gee, next the tobacco industry and the adult beverage industry will sue. Why can't an eight year old have a smoke while relaxing with a gin and tonic?

I would not sell anything

-----------

2015 ORS 659A.403¹

Gee, next the tobacco industry and the adult beverage industry will sue. Why can't an eight year old have a smoke while relaxing with a gin and tonic?

Exactly.

Why should anyone follow federal immigration laws?

one should only follow the laws they agree with.

-----------

2015 ORS 659A.403¹

Gee, you are a complete idiot. Imagine that.
8 year olds dont have legislation saying they can smoke or drink

Yes, in this case, it is an insurance thing underwriting their borrowed use of the car.

Wouldn't the Dicks and Walmart age restrictions be similar. Their lawyers saying they might face legal responsibility for their actions if selling to young, but legal aged adults,

After all you can't run for congress unless you're 25, the senate unless you're 30 and the presidency unless you're 35.

Running for Congress and the Presidency have laws in place that have the requirements, it isn't a store policy that conflicts with a state law.

Forum List

Back