Dick Van Dyke is all smiles as he celebrates his 97th birthday TODAY!

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
linky

EXCLUSIVE: 'If I'd known I was going to live this long I'd have taken better care of myself!' Dick Van Dyke is all smiles as he celebrates his 97th birthday TODAY!

Hollywood legend Dick Van Dyke turns 97 today, December 13 .

DailyMail.com caught up with the actor this weekend while he ran errands in Malibu.

Asked what his secret is to a long and healthy life, he laughed and said: 'Well, I don't know, all my friends are dead so I'm not going to complain!'

'If I'd known I was going to live this long I'd have taken better care of myself!' he added.

Dick, who was dressed down in gray sweatpants and a tan shirt, said he has no special plans for his big day.

65536109-11533231-DailyMail_com_caught_up_with_the_actor_this_weekend_while_runnin-a-10_1670946109816.jpg

Looks like he's getting around pretty good.

Last edited:
Still dancing.

He had a cameo in the second Mary Poppins movie. He came in, did his dance routine in one take. He said "and that, my friends, is how it's done". Then he walked out. He came back and apologized.

If you're 97 and still dancing you are doing good. If you are 92 and still riding horses, you are Clint Eastwood.

As an actor I thought him mediocre -- being charitable
But he looks good and for his age very good . Seems to walk without a stick and it looks as though he has a fine head of hair .
All is now forgiven, Dicky , for your appalling performance in The Sound of Music .

But he looks good and for his age very good . Seems to walk without a stick and it looks as though he has a fine head of hair .
All is now forgiven, Dicky , for your appalling performance in The Sound of Music .
Uhm...He wasnt in the sound of music...

You might be thinking of the movie Mary Poppins which also starred Julie Andrews.

When was he in The Sound of Music????

Never.

That man is the male version of Betty White and the Energizer Bunny....they just keep going and going and going.

(yes I know Betty White has now passed, but......)

Forum List

Back