Dick Cheney: Tea party ‘positive’ for GOP

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
Who could have a more objective opinion on the TEA Party than Dick Cheney?

Dick Cheney: Tea party ?positive? for GOP - Tal Kopan - POLITICO.com

Former Vice President Dick Cheney said Monday that the tea party is a positive influence on the Republican Party.

“I think they raised issues that an awful lot of Americans care about,” Cheney said on NBC’s “Today” show. “It’s an uprising, in part, and the good thing is it’s taken place within the Republican Party. I don’t see it as a negative. I think it’s much better to have that kind of turmoil and change in the Republican Party than it would be to have it outside.”

Cheney, who has a new book coming out about struggles with his heart health, said that while he doesn’t consider himself a member of the tea party, its frustration with Washington is “healthy.”

“I’m not a card-carrying member — I don’t think there is a card — but I have respect for what the people are doing,” Cheney said. “These are Americans. They’re loyal, they’re patriotic, they’re taxpayers and they’re fed up with what they see happening in Washington. I think it’s a normal healthy reaction, and the fact that the party is having to adjust to it is positive.”

Cheney also said it’s time for the party to make way for new leadership, including his daughter, when asked about Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas).

“He represents the thinking of an awful lot of people, obviously in Texas,” Cheney said......​

Who could have a more objective opinion of the Tea Party than a Republican?

Gee, I dunno, maybe someone who isn't at all partisan whatsoever?

Who could have a more objective opinion on the TEA Party than Dick Cheney?

Dick Cheney: Tea party ?positive? for GOP - Tal Kopan - POLITICO.com

Former Vice President Dick Cheney said Monday that the tea party is a positive influence on the Republican Party.

“I think they raised issues that an awful lot of Americans care about,” Cheney said on NBC’s “Today” show. “It’s an uprising, in part, and the good thing is it’s taken place within the Republican Party. I don’t see it as a negative. I think it’s much better to have that kind of turmoil and change in the Republican Party than it would be to have it outside.”

Cheney, who has a new book coming out about struggles with his heart health, said that while he doesn’t consider himself a member of the tea party, its frustration with Washington is “healthy.”

“I’m not a card-carrying member — I don’t think there is a card — but I have respect for what the people are doing,” Cheney said. “These are Americans. They’re loyal, they’re patriotic, they’re taxpayers and they’re fed up with what they see happening in Washington. I think it’s a normal healthy reaction, and the fact that the party is having to adjust to it is positive.”

Cheney also said it’s time for the party to make way for new leadership, including his daughter, when asked about Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas).

“He represents the thinking of an awful lot of people, obviously in Texas,” Cheney said......​

As if we should take seriously what a sociopath like Cheney thinks of something has destructive as the Tea Party.

Umm..someone who supports waterboarding probably isn't a good spokesperson for your party :-/

Do the right thing and run Cruz/Palin in 2016.

Please.....lol.

Do the right thing and run Cruz/Palin in 2016.

Please.....lol.

I'd like Paul/Cruz. After obama they will face THE WORST JOB IN THE WORLD. More debt that any country in history with the least FULL TIME employment.

Forum List

Back