Dianne Feinstein: Benjamin Netanyahu 'Arrogant' For Claiming To Speak For All Jews

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) said Sunday that it was "arrogant" for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to presume to speak for all Jews on a potential nuclear deal between the United States and Iran.

Netanyahu has defended his upcoming speech to Congress on Iran in part by saying that he feels like he is an "emissary of all Israelis, even those who disagree with me, of the entire Jewish people."

During an appearance on CNN's "State of The Union," Feinstein, who is Jewish, dismissed the suggestion that Netanyahu spoke on her behalf.

"No, he doesn't speak for me on this," she said. "I think it's a rather arrogant statement. I think the Jewish community is like any other community, there are different points of view. I think that arrogance does not befit Israel, candidly. I think Israel is a nation that needs to be protected, that needs to stand free, that hopefully can work constructively with Palestinians to have a side-by-side state and to put an end to the bitterness that has plagued this whole area."

Feinstein said that, despite her criticisms, she plans to attend Netanyahu's speech to Congress Tuesday.

More: Dianne Feinstein: Benjamin Netanyahu 'Arrogant' For Claiming To Speak For All Jews

I agree with Feinstein. I also think that Netanyahu is just naturally an arrogant person.

It is pretty arrogant, he is correct to assume he speaks for Israel as it's leader but no one elected him Head Rabbi. (do Jews have one?)

Straw argument.....................Him speaking here doesn't represent all the views of Israel.............and I doubt Bibbi ever said anything of the sort.............

The Liberals are just pissed at him, because he will not do as Obama and they say and nothing more.............

This is just political grand standing.............

He is a leader from an nation we consider an ally..................and he is here to speak on Iran.............

And I for one am interested in what he has to say.......................

And the OPEN MIKE comments by Obama were a slap in the face to Bibbi...............he is a leader who wants to speak here....................and I say LET HIM SPEAK...............

Then decide if you agree or disagree with him......................as a matter of respect to a leader of Israel.

It'll be the best dog and pony show of 2015 so far :thup:
Irregardless of what he says of course, as you have already prejudged his speech which is to be expected anyway..............

I'll wait and see the speech before I decide that function.............

It's really about Obama and him stamping his feet...............crying I TOLD HIM TO STAY HOME...................

Waaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Butt hurt.

Straw argument.....................Him speaking here doesn't represent all the views of Israel.............and I doubt Bibbi ever said anything of the sort.............

The Liberals are just pissed at him, because he will not do as Obama and they say and nothing more.............

He is a leader from an nation we consider an ally..................and he is here to speak on Iran.............

And the OPEN MIKE comments by Obama were a slap in the face to Bibbi...............he is a leader who wants to speak here....................and I say LET HIM SPEAK...............

Then decide if you agree or disagree with him......................as a matter of respect to a leader of Israel.
Since congress gave him the biggest soapbox on earth to give a campaign speech, you don't reckon they would invite his opposition to speak? Just to be fair and all. Probably not.

Report: Netanyahu says 9/11 terror attacks good for Israel

According to Ma'ariv, Netanyahu said Israel is 'benefiting from attack' as it 'swung American public opinion.'

The Israeli newspaper Ma'ariv on Wednesday reported that Likud leader Benjamin Netanyahu told an audience at Bar Ilan university that the September 11, 2001 terror attacks had been beneficial for Israel.

"We are benefiting from one thing, and that is the attack on the Twin Towers and Pentagon, and the American struggle in Iraq," Ma'ariv quoted the former prime minister as saying. He reportedly added that these events "swung American public opinion in our favor."

More: Report: Netanyahu says 9/11 terror attacks good for Israel - Israel News Haaretz

Fuck Nutanyahoo! He's an arrogant bully. Some also say he's a terrorist.

Since congress gave him the biggest soapbox on earth to give a campaign speech, you don't reckon they would invite his opposition to speak? Just to be fair and all. Probably not.

I totally agree! Boehner should also invite Nutanyahoo's opposition party in Israel to speak before Congress - before the Israeli election in two weeks.

The key word there is U.S. Jews they might feel different if they were in Israel.
Well duh, Captain Obvious. We'd all feel different if we were somewhere else.
Well then maybe people shouldn't be making stupid post about how 84% of Jews here feel about something that has no direct impact on their lives.The more relevant number would be how the Jews in Israel feel about it.

The key word there is U.S. Jews they might feel different if they were in Israel.
Well then maybe people shouldn't be making stupid post about how 84% of Jews here feel about something that has no direct impact on their lives.The more relevant number would be how the Jews in Israel feel about it.

American Jews vote - which has a direct impact on American/Israeli relations. I'm sure they also send money to Israel. They have a right to criticize. Non-Jewish Americans also have a right to criticize - and I'm against sending $4 billion in yearly aid to Israel.

American Jews vote - which has a direct impact on Israel. I'm sure they also send money to Israel. They have a right to criticize.
They don't vote in Israel and when your not directly affected by Iran your opinion matters considerbly less.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) said Sunday that it was "arrogant" for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to presume to speak for all Jews on a potential nuclear deal between the United States and Iran.

Netanyahu has defended his upcoming speech to Congress on Iran in part by saying that he feels like he is an "emissary of all Israelis, even those who disagree with me, of the entire Jewish people."

During an appearance on CNN's "State of The Union," Feinstein, who is Jewish, dismissed the suggestion that Netanyahu spoke on her behalf.

"No, he doesn't speak for me on this," she said. "I think it's a rather arrogant statement. I think the Jewish community is like any other community, there are different points of view. I think that arrogance does not befit Israel, candidly. I think Israel is a nation that needs to be protected, that needs to stand free, that hopefully can work constructively with Palestinians to have a side-by-side state and to put an end to the bitterness that has plagued this whole area."

Feinstein said that, despite her criticisms, she plans to attend Netanyahu's speech to Congress Tuesday.

More: Dianne Feinstein: Benjamin Netanyahu 'Arrogant' For Claiming To Speak For All Jews

I agree with Feinstein. I also think that Netanyahu is just naturally an arrogant person.

Yo, the stupid bitch is lucky she is in the U.S.A. and not getting bombs tossed at her sorry azz!!!

"GTP"

One should ask Feinstein how come she has not cited Sharpton, Jackson, and Farakhan for not being arrogant, self centered and claiming to speak for all Blacks??

One should ask Feinstein how come she has not cited Sharpton, Jackson, and Farakhan for not being arrogant, self centered and claiming to speak for all Blacks??
Well she's not black is she :cool:

Forum List

Back