Dherar Belhoul al falasi

A two state solution is untenable. The clans involved are different and so need to be treated differently.

A better approach would be to treat the west bank and gaza as two different issues and resolve them independantly of one another.

My own preference woud be for Egypt to continue to administer Gaza and Israel and Jordan work together in some sort of land swap before returning the west bank to Jordanian control.

We withdrew from Gaza and what is it now? terrorist state. That is why i am no longer sure i support the two state solution. But then fatah are secular and are dominant in west bank. so maybe it would be different there but Abbas has rejected every peace plan and now the Arab leaders have lost patience and wait for the Palestinians no longer. Perhaps Abbas and Fatah will be forced to make a deal since the Arab world is moving on and leaving them behind?

Gaza is the world's largest open air prison camp. ... :cool:
The Palestinian inmates of Gaza aren't allowed to travel except with Israeli permission, even to visit relatives in the west bank. They are not allowed to build a deep water port for ships to bring goods and food to the people, and are forced to by everything from Israeli merchants. Although western Gaza borders the sea, Palestinian fishermen are only allowed to fish 3 miles from shore. The 3 mile limit is guarded by heavily armed Israeli patrol boats that will blast any fishing vessel that dares to violate the 3 mile limit.
Israel strictly controls the fresh water supply that feeds into Gaza, and dumps their raw sewage into pipes that flow directly onto the city streets.

Gaza is controlled by Hamas who dont want peace they want our destruction. You cannot be nice to people who want you dead or they will kill you. Now they are losing the support of their fellow Arabs and so are Fatah. as al Falasi says.

Just so you know if you saw me on the beach or the street you would think i am a Palestinian. i am Mizrahi Persian on my fathers side Tunisian on mothers. The Ashkenazi often mistake me as Arab/palestinian.

RE Dherar Belhoul al falasi
⁜→ Dogmaphobe, shoshi, et al,

BLUF: This is one of the better approaches but needs to be refined.

A two state solution is untenable. The clans involved are different and so need to be treated differently.
(COMMENT)

But while many people say "Two State-Solution" is possible, it would be easier to climb the Zugspitze than to negotiate a Two-Sate Solution that would actually work.

I already try to treat the West Bank, Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip as three separate entities. The three seem to be moving apart from each other at three dirfferent rates from what was once → aspects they all had in common. We've all seen how politically dynamically they are different, as well as economically/commerically weak, and resource availability poor. The one thing they all have in common is the unemployment rate. And bringing that under control is not enough. There must be an accompanying reduction in unemployment as well as an encrease in the repair and emprovement of infraastructure. But the Arab Palestinians are much too buzy paying Hostile Indians than great builders.

A better approach would be to treat the west bank and gaza as two different issues and resolve them independantly of one another.
(COMMENT)

Eazy to say, but very difficult to achieve. No matter how you divide the objectives, in the end, the Arab Palestinians must become a nation (or three entities) that actually "Want" to improve. But that is not happening any time soon. One of the Elephants in the room is one we don't speak much of as having a role to play - and that is (of course) Israel. At some point, there must be a plan to disengage Israel from its governing capacity and gradually turn it over to the Arab Palestinians.

My own preference woud be for Egypt to continue to administer Gaza and Israel and Jordan work together in some sort of land swap before returning the west bank to Jordanian control.
(COMMENT)

Who thinks that Egypt would actually want to incorporate the Gaza Strip into the greater landscape. It was difficult enough for them to bring the Egyptian Islamic Jihad under heel. Why would they want to invite the little brothers
(the Palestinian Islamic Jihad and the Popular Fronts), complete with the marching band, their own youth corps, rocket, and bomb factories, hate schools, contacts with the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps - Quds Force (IRGC-QF), armories/weapons cashes, and all the other accouterments necessary to start a new civil unrest campaign. I think that would be a hard sell.

These guys don't have a very good history of playing with others.

SIGIL PAIR.png
Most Respectfully,
R

Gaza is the world's largest open air prison camp. ... :cool:
The Palestinian inmates of Gaza aren't allowed to travel except with Israeli permission, even to visit relatives in the west bank. They are not allowed to build a deep water port for ships to bring goods and food to the people, and are forced to by everything from Israeli merchants. Although western Gaza borders the sea, Palestinian fishermen are only allowed to fish 3 miles from shore. The 3 mile limit is guarded by heavily armed Israeli patrol boats that will blast any fishing vessel that dares to violate the 3 mile limit.
Israel strictly controls the fresh water supply that feeds into Gaza, and dumps their raw sewage into pipes that flow directly onto the city streets.
You read the tabloids at the supermarket checkout line, right?

Any two state solution is finally now & forever DOA as long as Hamas rules Gaza & the PA rules the West Bank.

Egypt is paying Israel to keep Gazans out of Egypt.
Jordan is paying Israel to keep the West Bank Jordanians out of Jordan.

New Topics

Forum List

Back