DeVoss shows how incompetent and unethical she is AGAIN

Other than "i don't like it," what's your justification?
For one, public funds should not go to any religious schools, ever. Surely I didn't not have to go into great detail on the ethical and legal details of that.

Second, this doesn't help our problem of falling behind in education. The public schools will still be there with almost the same number of students, but with fewer resources.

Third, it has turned into easy pickings for criminal scammers.

Fourth, public education is a pillar of our society, by any measure. We should be improving it, not weakening it and not letting more profit motive into it.

For starters.

There, when you are done resting, mommy has spoonfed you and now you can have your little fit.

Yet she couldn't say what was debunked about them. Her own department defines a charter school that stays open for 3 years is a success. More than 40% of charter schools that receive funds either never open or close before 3 years. How can she say that is debunked??

You must have forgotten to include your reliable source and working links. Might you correct that oversight.

Other than "i don't like it," what's your justification?
For one, public funds should not go to any religious schools, ever. Surely I didn't not have to go into great detail on the ethical and legal details of that.

That's nothing but petulance. Why shouldn't it go to a parochial school? I see no "ethical or legal details" getting in the way. There is only a gang of government bootlicking douchebags like you standing in the way.

Second, this doesn't help our problem of falling behind in education. The public schools will still be there with almost the same number of students, but with fewer resources.

It most certainly does since government mismanagement is the primary reason our schools suck.

Third, it has turned into easy pickings for criminal scammers.

ROFL! There's little evidence of that.

Fourth, public education is a pillar of our society, by any measure. We should be improving it, not weakening it and not letting more profit motive into it.

It won't improve until you get government out of it.

Your reasons are all idiotic and obviously wrong.

Every time this woman is questioned, she shows how donating lots of money to Trump will get you a great appointment, even if you have no idea how to do the job.

You do understand you’re a democrat,, democrats have DESTROYED education across America, Cuba Venezuela.. everywhere... stop taking about it .. it is a national emergency to get democrats away from education,, and our children

You do understand that DeVos is singlehandedly raping public education?

DeVos Slams ‘Union Bullies’ for Opposing Her Plan to Send Federal Tax Dollars to Private and Religious Schools | Right Wing Watch

DeVos is an old hand at this. She has, in the words of Mother Jones’s Krisina Rizga, been “trying to gut the public schools for years.” Indeed, DeVos and her allies have spent many years and many millions of dollars engaged in bare-knuckled politics to elect politicians who will advance an anti-public-education, anti-labor, pro-privatization agenda, and her family has played a key role in building right-wing anti-public-education infrastructure.

Good they should get raped in jail where Democrats belong

Brilliant as always! Just fucking brilliant. Anyone who wishes rape on anyone is a sick piece of shit!

Have you been to a inner city?

Every time this woman is questioned, she shows how donating lots of money to Trump will get you a great appointment, even if you have no idea how to do the job.

You do understand you’re a democrat,, democrats have DESTROYED education across America, Cuba Venezuela.. everywhere... stop taking about it .. it is a national emergency to get democrats away from education,, and our children

You do understand that DeVos is singlehandedly raping public education?

DeVos Slams ‘Union Bullies’ for Opposing Her Plan to Send Federal Tax Dollars to Private and Religious Schools | Right Wing Watch

DeVos is an old hand at this. She has, in the words of Mother Jones’s Krisina Rizga, been “trying to gut the public schools for years.” Indeed, DeVos and her allies have spent many years and many millions of dollars engaged in bare-knuckled politics to elect politicians who will advance an anti-public-education, anti-labor, pro-privatization agenda, and her family has played a key role in building right-wing anti-public-education infrastructure.

Good they should get raped in jail where Democrats belong

Raped ? Like Dump did to his first wife??

Evidence?

Take your yes or no question and shove it where the sun doesn't shine..................Political hit by a BS politician......

Yes or no........as she tried to answer that the ACCUSATIONS WERE DEBUNKED......

Slow news night huh...............grasping for something to be outraged about.............LOL

Yet she couldn't say what was debunked about them. Her own department defines a charter school that stays open for 3 years is a success. More than 40% of charter schools that receive funds either never open or close before 3 years. How can she say that is debunked??

The federal government does not fully fund charter schools. Educate yourself!

Last edited:
I gave reports and articles................Good and bad................how about you

What is the Quality of CTE classes at these charter schools?

Do they teach Welding, like Public HS's do?
Do they have a small engines class and a full metal shop and wood shop, like most Public HS's do?
How about culinary classes? They got kitchens?

Curious on your knowledge.

Is Votech their focus? Short answer, NO!

We have every public high school where I have taught have extensive vocational ed programs.

Short response.
So what is their focus?
A choice to Students.......providing education to those that would rather have their students go there......Competition to the Public Schools........Some are considered higher learning centers for Math and Science........others varies..........depends on the Non profit or for profit people who push the school........could be a private Catholic school..........trying to allow more kids to go there instead of the meet grinder public system.

1. WHAT IS THEIR FOCUS?

All schools now TEACH THE TEST..........Standardized tests don't make a better education.........don't mean the children know more if they pass..........And it is Gov't Bureaucracy that MICRO MANAGES the Teachers......Many Teachers are ticked off with TEACHING THE TEST............

Meet 4 Teachers Whose Resignation Letters Went Viral - WeAreTeachers

For Hawkins, teaching is more than a job; it’s a calling.

“From my first day of teaching, I knew how to make a connection with my students and engage the reluctant learner,” she says. “I taught high school for 11 years and absolutely loved it.”

Like most successful teachers, Hawkins emphasized connection over curriculum. But over time, “with the legislation, especially with Race to the Top and Common Core, it became all about the curriculum,” she says. “The curriculum was the magic pixie dust that was going to make these kids successful.”

The decision to leave the classroom was “heartbreaking,” Hawkins says. And though she’s currently teaching at the college level, “it’s not the same,” she says. “It’s not really what I feel called to do.” So she continues to advocate for teachers and for common sense, connection and compassion over curriculum.

Conti, a 40-year teaching veteran, stepped down from his post as a high school history teacher at Westhill High School in Syracuse, NY in 2013, but he hasn’t stopped teaching. He stays in touch with hundreds of his former students via Facebook, many of whom now teach history and social studies at schools throughout the nation. “They still contact me and ask for advice,” Conti says. “I’ll give them some ideas of what I did in the past and have them try it and see if it works.”

If educational trends had gone in another direction, it’s likely that Conti would still be in the classroom. But “the bureaucracy,” he says, “had gotten to the point of ridiculousness. Testing became more important than teaching, and you can’t test your way to nirvana.”

You do know Common Core and Race to the Top went away long before Trump became President. Why do you post such ignorance? Are you a libtard?

Devoss is living proof that you rise to your level of incompetence.
Is that what she’s proof of?

I think she’s proof that money corrupts
LOL

The very heart of this battle is OVER MONEY............Dems want the vouchers gone..........and end Charter Schools and their funding............which is public funding but gives parents and option to a different school that might be better for their kids in their opinion.

The Public school system wants ALL THE MONEY in ONLY PUBLIC SCHOOLS........and wants to deny COMPETITION from Charter Schools which gives parents a choice.

1rcbhe.jpg

Hey dumbass! Charter schools ARE public schools. Again, you illustrate the conservative willful ignorance.

I gave reports and articles................Good and bad................how about you

Do they have a small engines class and a full metal shop and wood shop, like most Public HS's do?

We have every public high school where I have taught have extensive vocational ed programs.

Charter schools are part of the public school system, but most of them focus on academics and getting kids prepped for college. Votech isn't an issue below HS.

Your interpretation of the articles I presented don't make them correct.....
Stupid response. It wasn't an interpretation, is was a factual presentation of the facts cited in the articles. Your inability to fashion any response shows you are all hot air.
Baloney.........this whole issue is over MONEY............and who gets the TAXPAYERS money per student..........Dems want ALL IN ONLY PUBLIC SCHOOLS...........no Charter schools............Even though many in this country want that OPTION...................

Stop TEACHING the test...........and JUST TEACH AGAIN.

Teaching the test? Do you want to know how to quickly and easily identify and educational moron? If they say "teachers should stop teaching to the test"!

Why would you teach something that is not subject to be tested and why would you test something you did not teach? Idiocy would be the reason.

Charter schools are part of the public school system, but most of them focus on academics and getting kids prepped for college. Votech isn't an issue below HS.

Was there a point there somewhere? If so, missed it.

this whole issue is over MONEY............and who gets the TAXPAYERS money per studen
Absolutely. It's about funding Jesus schools with taxpayer money and about allowing powerful criminals to skim the money. Thank you for regurgitating my own point back to me.
No it's not. It's about not allowing government to indoctrinate your children. Brain damaged TDS morons just can't allow your children to escape that.

It's obviously over money - our money, dumbass.

You mean money you pay to the state, not the federal government.

this whole issue is over MONEY............and who gets the TAXPAYERS money per studen
Absolutely. It's about funding Jesus schools with taxpayer money and about allowing powerful criminals to skim the money. Thank you for regurgitating my own point back to me.
lol

Christians pay taxes too Dumbass.
So? That doesn't mean public funds should go to Jesus schools, or that criminals should be able to perpetrate these charter school scams. What an idiotic point.
Parants should be able to educate their kids wherever they want, so long as their kids learn the basics, like readin, ritein and rithmatic. Not many of them learn that much in government schools.

BS. The schools where kids don't learn are overrun with the children of drug dealers, gang bangers, crack whores, math heads, and wife beaters.

Last edited:
That means parents can vote for vouchers that will be used for the education of their choice.
Correct, they can. I understand the current state of affairs. Welcome to 15 years ago bripat, try to catch up with the class.

I am suggesting we vote away that bad idea.
Then you admit you have no rational objection to allowing to parents to use vouchers at parochial schools. "I don't like it" is not a rational objection. It's merely petulance.

I do, because they strip badly needed funds from the public schools they would have attended.

Perhaps a remedial reading class should be in your future.

Stating the obvious and agreeing with me does not fit your M.O. Are you sure you don't want to reconsider your statement?

Stating the obvious and agreeing with me does not fit your M.O. Are you sure you don't want to reconsider your statement?

Nope, just because you're on the rag and looking for a fight, you can go play with yourself. BYE!

Nope, just because you're on the rag and looking for a fight, you can go play with yourself. BYE!

Translation, "I got nothing to counter with so I'll just throw out insults." OKTexas.

You keep mentioning school choice.
People already have a choice.
It's called moving to an area where you like the school district.
Stuck in a shitty district, then MOVE.

Forum List

Back