Devastated vegan takes neighbor to court over BBQ smoke and odor

I don't even know my neighbors' names (and I don't want to) and only one I would recognize by sight... and if I did I'd have to say, "Hey, you, what's up?" because I really don't know his name...

I am a borderline misanthrope...

Nope , not borderline just there. I get it. So who do you dine with besides yourself?

My wife. Sometimes another couple form my work, but not often. My best friend, we've known each other for 38 years, when he's in town (he still lives in California, I left in 2009). My kids when they're visiting, mom when she's visiting. Every couple of years my brother-in-law and his wife across town (the wife is not fond of them).

Truthfully, I don't know many people here in SC, save for my co-workers, and at my age the likelihood of making new "friends" is rather slim. I've always been something of a loner, never put much stock in a large circle of acquaintances. I always told my kids, if you have one friend in your life that you can trust with everything, you're lucky... I got lucky twice. I married one, the other is in California.

Wow, I thought I had just a few good friends, but that takes the cake!

I have 5-7 lifelong friends.

I don't even know my neighbors' names (and I don't want to) and only one I would recognize by sight... and if I did I'd have to say, "Hey, you, what's up?" because I really don't know his name...

Nope , not borderline just there. I get it. So who do you dine with besides yourself?

My wife. Sometimes another couple form my work, but not often. My best friend, we've known each other for 38 years, when he's in town (he still lives in California, I left in 2009). My kids when they're visiting, mom when she's visiting. Every couple of years my brother-in-law and his wife across town (the wife is not fond of them).

Truthfully, I don't know many people here in SC, save for my co-workers, and at my age the likelihood of making new "friends" is rather slim. I've always been something of a loner, never put much stock in a large circle of acquaintances. I always told my kids, if you have one friend in your life that you can trust with everything, you're lucky... I got lucky twice. I married one, the other is in California.

I'm the same way.
Have a good Buddy I've known for 30 years and I'm good with that.
He's as honest as the day is long and I'd trust him no matter the situation.
If I croak before he does he gets all my tools,tens of thousands,my Polaris General and trailer,and all my firearms.

Wow, I thought I had just a few good friends, but that takes the cake!

I have 5-7 lifelong friends.

There is a Lebanese family I met through my wife 20 some years ago, I liked them. They're in California. Great people, very warm and welcoming... I kind of miss sharing the hookah with them at Christmas... They were a fun bunch...

Yeah, me and my buddy don't worry about leaving the wallet out around each other. If the women come around, that's a different story.
:rolleyes:

:auiqs.jpg:

I'll never forget the time he held that bully's head down in a foot high red ant hill with his thumbs in his eyes. I had already beaten his little brother's ass.

All this because they tried to bully 2 little blonde boys out of a fishing raft that I made and said they could use.

We damn sure whipped their ass, though! :auiqs.jpg:

Hoo wee! :auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:
'Devastated' Vegan Takes Neighbor to Court over BBQ Smoke and Odor
A “devastated” Australian vegan has taken her neighbors to court alleging they deliberately waft barbecue smoke rich in meat and fish smells across their shared boundary fence and into her property.

Donn't think the morons in the US aren't just as bad they are.
When your a leftist Trump hating asshole this is how you act.

I'm not a vegan nor am I vegetarian.

I can't take the smell of cooking beef or pork. It literally makes me sick and I vomit violently.

I've never liked the taste or smell of each of those meats cooking then when I was diagnosed with cancer and had to go on chemo it got worse.

I don't blame that Australian.

I won't allow anyone to cook beef or pork in my home. If anyone wants that food here they have to cook it out on the BBQ or go to a restaurant.

This is happening in Australia, why are you trying to put it on those who don't support trump? This isn't political and the person isn't even an American yet you try to make it political and use it to accuse those who don't support trump of being the same way. As if not wanting to smell that very offensive odor is a crime and should be put on anyone who doesn't like trump even though the people who don't like trump don't have anything to do with it

You really are one sick person.

You can’t control smells or neighbors. I had a neighbor who smoked outside and could smell it often. I ever said a word. I barbecue often and I can’t control the smell and where it goes. She is being unreasonable in her request. The woman had her appeal denied and she seems real sensitive. Now, the neighbors are having a huge barbecue with 3000 attending. To me that is wrong. That is just mean spirited.

A “devastated” Australian vegan has taken her neighbors to court alleging they deliberately waft barbecue smoke rich in meat and fish smells across their shared boundary fence and into her property.

Tried to understand this post but I think he has been hitting the bong to much. It just did not click or make sense.

I can't take the smell of cooking beef or pork. It literally makes me sick and I vomit violently.

I've never liked the taste or smell of each of those meats cooking then when I was diagnosed with cancer and had to go on chemo it got worse.

I won't allow anyone to cook beef or pork in my home. If anyone wants that food here they have to cook it out on the BBQ or go to a restaurant.

This is happening in Australia, why are you trying to put it on those who don't support trump? This isn't political and the person isn't even an American yet you try to make it political and use it to accuse those who don't support trump of being the same way. As if not wanting to smell that very offensive odor is a crime and should be put on anyone who doesn't like trump even though the people who don't like trump don't have anything to do with it

You can’t control smells or neighbors. I had a neighbor who smoked outside and could smell it often. I ever said a word. I barbecue often and I can’t control the smell and where it goes. She is being unreasonable in her request. The woman had her appeal denied and she seems real sensitive. Now, the neighbors are having a huge barbecue with 3000 attending. To me that is wrong. That is just mean spirited.

Having it outside is much more reasonable. The wind can take the smell away.

I understand her, the smell of beef or pork cooking makes me very violently sick. I have no problem with it being outside. In fact I ask people to cook those meats outside.

I'm not that woman, maybe even outside is bad for her. I sympathize with her.

I agree what those people did was very mean and unnecessary.

If I was that woman I would sell my home and move. It's so not worth all the hassle.

I understand her, the smell of beef or pork cooking makes me very violently sick. I have no problem with it being outside. In fact I ask people to cook those meats outside.

If I was that woman I would sell my home and move. It's so not worth all the hassle.

I gotta ask...where the hell else are you going to BBQ but outside?

I agree, it seems to me that maybe both sides are being unreasonable. The neighbors could agree to cook outdoors between certain times and they maybe smoke on the other side of their yard where smoke might be less likely to travel to her. She could have agreed to stay inside at certain times. My neighbor smokes outside and I catch the smell, I go inside for a few minutes then return. I never mention it to him because it is a small price to pay for a good neighbor.

Two people have just been fined £600 for eating raw squirrel in front of a vegan food stall in London’s Soho.

They said they were raising awareness about the dangers of not eating meat, but were convicted of causing distress and alarm to passers-by.

It may be an unconventional form of protest, but if militant vegans can firebomb hamburger restaurants why shouldn’t carnivores stage their own counter demonstrations?

Only thing worse is having either a hoarder and/or a crazy cat lady as a neighbor.
My wife says I am a hoarder just because I want to save things we might need later. She found an old garbage disposal that had a perfectly good electric motor in it that I had been saving in case I needed it, and she insisted I throw it away!

What a waste!

Hoarding is when you need to move 20 boxes of old boxes to get to that motor.

New Topics

Forum List

Back