Detroit is bankrupt and nobody gives it a thought.

Detroit is majority black. Is anyone surprised it's bankrupt?

^^^^^^^Another bigot post.

It's only bigotted if it's not the truth. Is there a white neighborhood that is in such bad shape that matches Detroit and is bankrupt? Serious question BTW.

Just the whole state of California. But you know that doesn't mean his wasn't a bigot post. And yours doesn't justify it either, only makes you a bird of a feather. But then, you knew that. It's safe you two to hide behind your computers and say that crap. But one day you'll slip up in public, and end up missing some teeth. Just thought I'd say I told you so now, so you'll remember when it happens.

^^^^^^^Another bigot post.

It's only bigotted if it's not the truth. Is there a white neighborhood that is in such bad shape that matches Detroit and is bankrupt? Serious question BTW.

Just the whole state of California. But you know that doesn't mean his wasn't a bigot post. And yours doesn't justify it either, only makes you a bird of a feather. But then, you knew that. It's safe you two to hide behind your computers and say that crap. But one day you'll slip up in public, and end up missing some teeth. Just thought I'd say I told you so now, so you'll remember when it happens.

Oklahoma, Nebraska, and Kansas rely entirely upon charity from Blue States to stay solvent. They've never been able to pay their own way, and they're chocked full o' white folks.

Detroit went under because of the demise of American manufacturing (thanks largely to pro-corporate "free market" legislation) and the government shut down of labor unions since 1980. It's not a race issue unless that's all you can think about.

Last edited:

Oklahoma, Nebraska, and Kansas rely entirely upon charity from Blue States to stay solvent. They've never been able to pay their own way, and they're chocked full o' white folks.

Detroit went under because of the demise of American manufacturing (thanks largely to pro-corporate "free market" legislation) and the government shut down of labor unions since 1980. It's not a race issue unless that's all you can think about.

Unions over charging the automakers is what led to the demise of that industry. Im glad their greed cost them their jobs. Let this serve as a lesson to the rest of the country.

The dominoes are starting to fall. Bail out Wall Street, bail out banks, bail out auto corporations, but look the other way when major cities go down. You just gonna move when it happens to your town? Turning your back is the downfall of your own country.

http://http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/12/03/detroit-bankruptcy-eligibility/3849833/

You're kind of new here, but I've been posting how Detroit is the poster child for Liberal run government for quite a while now. I even have a verb -- Detroitification to describe what Democrats want to do to any economy that people are stupid enough to give them control over.

Reagan did not give a darn when cities were going broke in the 1980's. he had no concern for communities after he shut down bases in the US and opened new ones over seas, nor did he close any old bases around the world.

Reagan did not give a darn when cities were going broke in the 1980's. he had no concern for communities after he shut down bases in the US and opened new ones over seas, nor did he close any old bases around the world.

Reagan?

What?

Unions over charging the automakers is what led to the demise of that industry. Im glad their greed cost them their jobs. Let this serve as a lesson to the rest of the country.

It was more of a problem of arrogance and mismanagement in the US auto industry, not to mention the loss of jobs moved to other nations for more profit.

BTW, why exactly should we be bailing out cities? I don't think we should be bailing out people and businesses. Why would I want to extend bail outs to the government? Where the heck would it stop? Bail out the state next? And what happens when the Federal Government goes bankrupt because our lenders no longer believe we are good for the money?

Take your conspiracy bullshit somewhere else. This is the current events section, therefore we discuss REAL current events, not your fantasy shit.
Careful, he'll hit you back with a wall of youtube videos that'll make your head spin.

I

And that lesson being that workers should work for less and shut the fuck up.

"Prosperity Through Lower Wages!"

The dominoes are starting to fall. Bail out Wall Street, bail out banks, bail out auto corporations, but look the other way when major cities go down. You just gonna move when it happens to your town? Turning your back is the downfall of your own country.

http://http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/12/03/detroit-bankruptcy-eligibility/3849833/

You are a loon. Detroit is bankrupt because it has a culture of corruption and feeding from the public trough. When its tax receipts fell, the union employees continued to milk the system, causing a debt explosion.

Let them reap what they have sewn.

I

And that lesson being that workers should work for less and shut the fuck up.

"Prosperity Through Lower Wages!"

Give me a freaking break. I retired early from the music business and a retail industry I was in, but my husband a decade younger than me was in the flying 90's when the automobile industry really surged.

I know this inside and out because I agreed to move to Saturn in Tennessee for him. Michigan lost all the key players in the Motor City at the time.

Detroit sucked. Michigan sucked. They started to go so far left it was unreal. And I loved the Motor City to death.

But watched it all get fucked over by left wing maniacs who had control of everything. The unions killed Detroit. And the unions unless hammered into the ground will kill Michigan.

And after all was said and done, unions finally got their way with Saturn. They killed that dream too.

Last edited:

You are a loon. Detroit is bankrupt because it has a culture of corruption and feeding from the public trough. When its tax receipts fell, the union employees continued to milk the system, causing a debt explosion.

Let them reap what they have sewn.

Can you believe these new stories they are rocking with?

Forum List

Back