Destruction Of The Family

That has not been part of the LDS faith for many, many decades. For you to use such lies points to you as a childish, desperate individual that cannot defend their arguments any other way. Congratulations, you win.
Prove it. 16 year old kids can be married off with parental consent. How do you know that they are not being coerced into marrying a 35 year old?

https://le.utah.gov/xcode/Title30/Chapter1/30-1-S2.html?v=C30-1-S2_1800010118000101

Grow up.

This thread is hugely derailed, please review the OP and discuss it and not each other.

8-26-19-family.jpg

The U.S. Has The Highest Rate Of Children Living With A Single Parent In The Entire World

The following comes from Pew Research

For decades, the share of U.S. children living with a single parent has been rising, accompanied by a decline in marriage rates and a rise in births outside of marriage. A new Pew Research Center study of 130 countries and territories shows that the U.S. has the world’s highest rate of children living in single-parent households.

Almost a quarter of U.S. children under the age of 18 live with one parent and no other adults (23%), more than three times the share of children around the world who do so (7%).

And here comes an interesting point:

Of course it wasn’t always this way. If you go back to 1960, less than 10 percent of all American children lived with a single parent…

And then, it asks, “What happened?”

My response...Women’s Lib!

Well, this article claims television, movies, the education system, and most politicians assure us that it’s okay to run around like wild animals doing whatever we like doing.

The end results are discouraging. Children raised in poverty and lower educational goals. And a lower fertility rate.

There is no future for any society that does not value children, marriage and family. You can’t show me one example in human history of any society that has ever thrived for an extended period of time without cherishing those institutions.

So, what do we do to turn it around?

More @ Destruction Of The Family: The U.S. Has The Highest Rate Of Children Living With A Single Parent In The Entire World

I presume that the OP is talking about "the family" in terms of a family unit headed by a heterosexual couple. Heterosexuality necessarily involves a male and a female having a relationship with each other. Yet the OP blames "women's lib" when it takes two to tango. Men are equally responsible for the success or the breakup of their families. The discussion should be about both sexes and how they handle their relationships with each other.

I presume that the OP is talking about "the family" in terms of a family unit headed by a heterosexual couple. Heterosexuality necessarily involves a male and a female having a relationship with each other. Yet the OP blames "women's lib" when it takes two to tango. Men are equally responsible for the success or the breakup of their families. The discussion should be about both sexes and how they handle their relationships with each other.

The problem isn't "women's lib' in so much as it is the economic pressure of forcing women to choose between motherhood and career. If we had the kinds of programs that conservatives oppose, like Family and Medical Leave, job protections, union wages, this wouldn't be an issue.

The problem isn't "women's lib' in so much as it is the economic pressure of forcing women to choose between motherhood and career. If we had the kinds of programs that conservatives oppose, like Family and Medical Leave, job protections, union wages, this wouldn't be an issue.

I agree with you about the bind that mothers face. As a society, we have never respected motherhood. The quickest way for a woman to get fired is to announce that she is pregnant. And nobody ever asks a man whether he wants to be a father or he wants to have a career. It is only women who have to give up their interests in various fields in order to have children. It should not be an either/or situation.

I have noticed on USMB that many men figuratively run for the door when a discussion that involves sexual morality or family turns to their own conduct, even though they have been flapping their lips about "morality" and "religion." It's only "safe" when the discussion is limited to women's conduct. Remind some of these "good Christian men" that their rules of "morality" consist of no sex before marriage, and then only sex with their lawful spouses thereafter and ask them how well they have upheld this and ZOOM! they are off and running away, leaving skid marks.

The other funny guys on USMB are the ones who identify themselves as being married in a holy way, and of course being heterosexual and having shit-fits that LGBTs can now get married, on one thread. They then go onto other threads and refer to women as "broads" and worse, without it even occurring to them that they have just referred to the person with whom they have a "holy" relationship as a "broad."

Many heterosexuals need some instruction in the area of respect.

Well, I will be damned! Who knew that the reason that mothers are raising their children alone is due to women's lib, instead of deadbeat dads!

Why are the beliefs of anyone else, any of your concern whatsoever? I know many LDS members and you would be well advised to emulate them. They are great people, wonderful families and why does that bother you? For certain they are not attacking you so what's your problem/

YOu mean other than their desire to grab political power and enforce their will on the rest of us? I know you guys have all disowned Mitt Romney, but what did you think that was about.

I get that a lot from ignorant Progressives. They parrot out whatever their far-left leaders tell them to say. One thing they can never say is that TAXES ARE TOO HIGH!! :D

Another is that men are men and women are women.
"Transgender" is a one-word oxymoron, as are "gay" and "feminist."
There is nothing remotely gay about homosexuals. They are angry, bitter, and violent. They commit murder at a rate far higher than normal men. There is nothing feminine about feminists. They are generally ugly, fat, and like homosexuals, very angry at the world. Feminists (sick) are the real homophobes.

Democrats' Big Lies
That is the same bizarre boatload of bovine excrement that you posted the other day. Are you a broken record?? Cut and past, Cut and past
????????????????

I get that a lot from ignorant Progressives. They parrot out whatever their far-left leaders tell them to say. One thing they can never say is that TAXES ARE TOO HIGH!! :D

Another is that men are men and women are women.
"Transgender" is a one-word oxymoron, as are "gay" and "feminist."
There is nothing remotely gay about homosexuals. They are angry, bitter, and violent. They commit murder at a rate far higher than normal men. There is nothing feminine about feminists. They are generally ugly, fat, and like homosexuals, very angry at the world. Feminists (sick) are the real homophobes.

Democrats' Big Lies
That is the same bizarre boatload of bovine excrement that you posted the other day. Are you a broken record?? Cut and past, Cut and past
"Cut and past"? Is English your second language?

Times have changed and more and more women are choosing a career over marriage and a family. It's NOT a bad thing. It's up to them and it's not anybody's job to convince them otherwise. Why are some of you so convinced this is a bad thing? It makes NO sense. You have nothing to stand on for your argument.

Forum List

Back