Destroying education for the gifted.

Katzndogz

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2011
Classes for high achievers are disproportionately dominated by whites and asians. Can't have that. These programs have to be destroyed with the proper application of minorities who just don't value education as much.

Big Racial Gap Persists in O.C. GATE Programs : Education: Classes for gifted students still disproportionately filled with whites and Asians. - Los Angeles Times

Every day in California's public schools, some of the state's best and brightest students are brought together in special classes to tackle advanced problems of mathematics, science, history and language.

But while these classes boast some of the state's best young minds, they also have drawn fire for what they lack: adequate numbers of black and Latino students.

Ann Beavers, director of pupil services in Anaheim City School District, said she believes that poverty greatly influences admission into gifted programs. In her district, white and Asian children come from families that are generally wealthier, better-educated and have higher expectations for their children than those of Anaheim's Latino students, she said.

Following the lead of scholars, schools have begun to use a broader definition, one which would deem gifted not only children with high IQs or top academic records, but those with other kinds of talents, like a flair for creativity, leadership or even athletics.

In other words, just destroy the entire program.

Being "gifted" often means getting more complicated idiotic busywork and told you are smart for doing it.

What is so difficult about making a Recommended Reading List for everybody? Won't the gifted just go though stuff faster and get ahead of the majority in certain subjects? Don't these computers make individual work easier?

Coby Kyros 7015

HTC Flyer Full Review

A Short History of the World by H. G. Wells
http://www.bartleby.com/86/

All Day September by Roger Kuykendall
http://www.feedbooks.com/book/2295/all-day-september

Eight Keys to Eden by Mark Clifton
http://www.mysterious-strange-weird.com/index-sensational-mysteries.html
http://www.onread.com/book/Eight-Keys-to-Eden-6514/

The Fourth R by George O. Smith
http://www.onread.com/book/The-Fourth-R-17950/

There Will Be School Tomorrow, by V. E. Thiessen
www.feedbooks.com/userbook/11643.pdf

THE YEAR WHEN STARDUST FELL by Raymond F. Jones
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Year-When-Stardust-Fell/dp/1935774409[/ame]
http://www.readcentral.com/book/Raymond-F-Jones/Read-The-Year-When-Stardust-Fell-Online

Black Man's Burden by Mack Reynolds
http://sfgospel.typepad.com/sf_gospel/2008/08/mack-reynolds-on-africa-islam-utopia-and-progress.html
http://www.feedbooks.com/book/4826/black-man-s-burden

psik

Last edited by a moderator:
Classes for high achievers are disproportionately dominated by whites and asians. Can't have that. These programs have to be destroyed with the proper application of minorities who just don't value education as much.

Big Racial Gap Persists in O.C. GATE Programs : Education: Classes for gifted students still disproportionately filled with whites and Asians. - Los Angeles Times

Every day in California's public schools, some of the state's best and brightest students are brought together in special classes to tackle advanced problems of mathematics, science, history and language.

But while these classes boast some of the state's best young minds, they also have drawn fire for what they lack: adequate numbers of black and Latino students.

Ann Beavers, director of pupil services in Anaheim City School District, said she believes that poverty greatly influences admission into gifted programs. In her district, white and Asian children come from families that are generally wealthier, better-educated and have higher expectations for their children than those of Anaheim's Latino students, she said.

Following the lead of scholars, schools have begun to use a broader definition, one which would deem gifted not only children with high IQs or top academic records, but those with other kinds of talents, like a flair for creativity, leadership or even athletics.

Don't get me started! One of my students was accepted for the Gifted Program just as you described. I was horrified1 The letter announcing he was failing had already gone out. I had several conferences with the parents during the discussing his aptitude and work. A psychological had been done and his I.Q. was 71.

I went to the office and questioned the principal if an error had been made. Nope! The reason given to me was they needed to fill their quota of UNDERACHIEVING STUDENTS and he was good in art. I threw up my arms and left the room.

That's where we are going, folks.

Don't get me started! One of my students was accepted for the Gifted Program just as you described. I was horrified1 The letter announcing he was failing had already gone out. I had several conferences with the parents during the discussing his aptitude and work. A psychological had been done and his I.Q. was 71.

I went to the office and questioned the principal if an error had been made. Nope! The reason given to me was they needed to fill their quota of UNDERACHIEVING STUDENTS and he was good in art. I threw up my arms and left the room.

That is so FUBAR!!

The goal is to destroy the programs for high achieving students.

My sis is a teacher.

She is a right wing R and she can move these types of kids up two school years with her methods.

She is so good at it that her principle just ignores her methods because they are not the ones she is supposed to use.

She lives in florida.

A right wing owned state.

The right wishes kids to fail so they can distroy public education.

They make the system unworkable every place they own the school boards.

Why cant you guys find the same successs with your kids my sister finds?

Because you would rather see these kids as trash we should throw away.

How very chirstian of you

My sis is a teacher.

She is a right wing R and she can move these types of kids up two school years with her methods.

She is so good at it that her principle just ignores her methods because they are not the ones she is supposed to use.

She lives in florida.

Florida voted for Obama.

Idiot.

The problem with G&T programs in public school is that almost none of the public is G&T.

If your kid is G&T, then they should be able to apply for a public or private grant, and they should be sent to a private academy specializing in G&T education.

While I'm on my soapbox, I'll explain what "talented" means: It means that the parents are fucking passionate, some might say "obsessive," about their kid(s), and spend a heluva lot of time coaching them (chess, math, writing..golf...whatever). It doesn't matter what "race" they are, most kids can be talented at something. The fact is that most parents really don't want to spend a DECADE, 40 hours a week with their kid developing a talent from age 2-12. Why? Because it is PAINFUL, particularly if you have a job like so many hispanics, mowing grass, making tamales, or mopping floors.

Last edited:
My sis is a teacher.

She lives in florida.

Florida voted for Obama.

Idiot.

Who runs the state ?

Is it Obama who designs their school system?

My sis is a teacher.

She lives in florida.

Florida voted for Obama.

Idiot.

Who runs the state ?

Is it Obama who designs their school system?

You said Florida is "A rightwing owned state."

Why did Obama win Fl in 2008?

Obviously, no wing "owns" the WHOLE FUCKING STATE!

Additionally, the only state that runs any school system is Hawaii.

Mediocrity is merely interim. Even that is unfair to those who cannot rise to the level of being mediocre.

I was IGC and SP in public schools when it was OK to be smart.

NYC schools are now a breeding ground for under-educated, failed future Democrat voter. At best, only 1/6 can read at college level when they "graduate" NYC high school. Is it money? Does NYC spend enough per student? How does $18,000/ student sound to you?

That's the cost of Democrat run educational system, as expensive as college and graduates fucking idiots

This is actually a pet peeve of mine. I don't believe in dumbing down the more gifted kids to accommodate the not-so-gifted. i remember when my son went into the G&T program at his middle school, there was talk about including kids who could sing.

But if you're a teacher, you know that teachers teach to the bottom third of the class. having less capable students in a gifted program drags the class down for the smarter kids.

the reality is that poverty and education don't go together well. that is why the answer is to reduce poverty, not put less able kids in a class with the kids who were reading harry potter when they were four. there are studies that show that programs like Head Start help close the gap. funding should be placed there instead of pushing square pegs into round holes.

imo... just my .02

NYC schools are now a breeding ground for under-educated, failed future Democrat voter. At best, only 1/6 can read at college level when they "graduate" NYC high school. Is it money? Does NYC spend enough per student? How does $18,000/ student sound to you?

That's the cost of Democrat run educational system, as expensive as college and graduates fucking idiots

you make up the stupidest things.

seriously.

you make up the stupidest things.

seriously.

Only 1/6 NY High School graduates can perform college level work, the rest have either dropped out or need remedial education.

Why won't you understand that?

This is actually a pet peeve of mine. I don't believe in dumbing down the more gifted kids to accommodate the not-so-gifted. i remember when my son went into the G&T program at his middle school, there was talk about including kids who could sing.

But if you're a teacher, you know that teachers teach to the bottom third of the class. having less capable students in a gifted program drags the class down for the smarter kids.

the reality is that poverty and education don't go together well. that is why the answer is to reduce poverty, not put less able kids in a class with the kids who were reading harry potter when they were four. there are studies that show that programs like Head Start help close the gap. funding should be placed there instead of pushing square pegs into round holes.

imo... just my .02

Almost no one really qualifies for GT, or Special Ed, but the programs are popular for their little "perks;" smaller sized classes; specially trained teachers; FEDERAL FUNDING (usually at a rate vastly less than was originally intended).

Before you know it THE ENTIRE SCHOOL wants to be in a GT class or SpEd class. Kids that consistantly misbehave are suddenly diagnosed "Bipolar" or "Autistic" or "Unknown Personality Disorder" or some such similarly vague psycho-babble-bullshit that never existed before everyone began to climb on the SpEd bandwagon.

imo... just my .02

Almost no one really qualifies for GT, or Special Ed, but the programs are popular for their little "perks;" smaller sized classes; specially trained teachers; FEDERAL FUNDING (usually at a rate vastly less than was originally intended).

Before you know it THE ENTIRE SCHOOL wants to be in a GT class or SpEd class. Kids that consistantly misbehave are suddenly diagnosed "Bipolar" or "Autistic" or "Unknown Personality Disorder" or some such similarly vague psycho-babble-bullshit that never existed before everyone began to climb on the SpEd bandwagon.

G&T and special ed are desireable b/c your kid doesn't get lost in the shuffle. kids in the middle suffer.

i disagree wholeheartedly about kids not "really" qualifiying for G&T. That isn't true in my experience.

Last edited:

My eldest daughter was in the G&T classes. She refused to attend her high school graduation because of the willingness of the school to pass out diplomas to others in the G&T that didn't earn their diplomas.

It wasn't in CA either.
Other states are lowering down the standards for any type of high school diploma.

New Topics

Forum List

Back