DeSantis cracking down on voter fraud

Man Arrested By DeSantis’ Election Crimes Office Has His Case Dismissed​

On Friday, one of the 20 formerly incarcerated Floridians arrested in August by Governor Ron DeSantis’ (R) Office of Election Crimes and Security on voter fraud charges has had his case dismissed.

Robert Lee Wood, 56, was arrested on Aug. 18 on one count of making a false affirmation and one count of voting as an unqualified elector, charges which can come with a penalty of up to five years in prison and $5,000 in fines.

“I’m pleased, but not surprised,” Wood’s attorney, Larry Davis, told the Miami Herald.

This may actually be good for Ron because the optics of people who the state/county authorities gave permission to vote being sent to jail for voting is not good. At least for reasonable human beings.

Most of them didn’t realize they couldn’t vote so send them to prison again? Way to go Florida. 20 people sure gonna tip the election.

Lol They won’t get in trouble. Desantis is after the criminals at the DMV registering people to vote. Doesn’t the DMV issue driver’s licenses? Doesn’t social service provide relief for people in need? Doesn’t the library provide media resources? Doesn’t the Board of Elections register people to vote?

Apparently all four have the responsibility to register people to vote but only three of those entities can break voter laws and get away with it. Zero out of twenty of these persons registered to vote at the Board of Elections. This has always been a bad system. In my opinion individual employees of government entities that register people to vote should get the death penalty. I have always believed that even since I was a little child. I think that is who Desantis is after not these 20 people. He is after the ring leaders who have been perverting the election process for decades before Desantis was even born. It’s about time in my opinion.

The Board of Elections is the place to register to vote. You go there on your 18th birthday and register to vote if you care. Forcing people to register to vote that will most likely never vote only has one purpose and that purpose is criminally motivated. It should have never started.

Most of them didn’t realize they couldn’t vote so send them to prison again? Way to go Florida. 20 people sure gonna tip the election.
what if they each cast 100 ballots?

and it wouldn't suprirse me some dim would do so

the optics of people who the state/county authorities gave permission to vote being sent to jail for voting is not good. At least for reasonable human beings.
we would n't be hearing this from u if it were some R who got busted

what if they each cast 100 ballots?

and it wouldn't suprirse me some dim would do so
They didn’t. In each case it seems the state of Florida screwed up and led them to think they were able to vote. It is typical of the cheap Trumplican bully tactic…easier to go after these and look like some kind of tough guy than tackle the real problems.

Forum List

Back