DeSantis' Anti-Gun Plot Exposed: Emails Show Attempt to Ban Guns at Event (Boy, if Trump Finds Out!)

I know If I was a homicidal maniac I'd pick a gun free zone to carry out my deranged ideals.

And here we arrive at the meat of the problem. Many people object to guns in many public places. A challenge is ongoing to the NY plan to prohibit concealed weapons at many places including Times Square. Republicans and Conservatives decry this saying they Concealed Weapons are necessary to protect yourself if attacked by the aforementioned madman.

Yet when they are going out in public, those same Republicans want the area around them to be devoid of those same security guaranteeing concealed weapons.

The Governor knowing it was Hypocrisy to have such a position tried to put it off on another. So he could rail about it I’m sure. They refused and he instead put the FDLE in the hot seat, requiring them to be the bad guys.

Rules for me but not for thee is hardly good for anyone. We are unlikely to elect a ruling class after all.

Your assuming that mentally unbalanced people have that much common sense. Most violence in gun free zones are done by people with mental problems and decide that I going wild in a public area. Is it because its a gun free zone or it doesn't matter to them? They will either die or go to prison but I believe they do have a death wish. They are usually crimes of passion or irrational beliefs and I would doubt that it matters whether or not that it was a gun free zone matters.

More guns do not make me feel safer. Any gun owner who would allow there gun to be stolen and used in a crime is at fault also. Probably will not be charged with the crime but they do share some responsibility.

There was an incident with two guys who both had guns. The one guy approached the other guy but this guy had a gun. The guy with out a gun back down. The other guy put his gun away. Then the other guy got his gun and shot the guy who had put his gun away. He then went to jail.

IF the governor wants to have a gun free zone when he speaks then why is that a problem. He is the governor and there is security. IF you go to his rally then you would expect that it should be gun free. If someone is there with a gun then whether its a gun free zone doesn't matter. It will happen either way.

Does guns make me feel safe. No it doesn't .

No sir. The violence is not done by people with mental problems. If it was Republicans would support Red Flag Laws in some form. They oppose those laws and why? Because those people have a right to keep and bear arms. So they are not mentally unbalanced.

No sir. The violence is not done by people with mental problems. If it was Republicans would support Red Flag Laws in some form. They oppose those laws and why? Because those people have a right to keep and bear arms. So they are not mentally unbalanced.

I'm good with restrictions on the mentally ill. As long as it's done through proper due process.

And here we arrive at the meat of the problem. Many people object to guns in many public places. A challenge is ongoing to the NY plan to prohibit concealed weapons at many places including Times Square. Republicans and Conservatives decry this saying they Concealed Weapons are necessary to protect yourself if attacked by the aforementioned madman.

Yet when they are going out in public, those same Republicans want the area around them to be devoid of those same security guaranteeing concealed weapons.

The Governor knowing it was Hypocrisy to have such a position tried to put it off on another. So he could rail about it I’m sure. They refused and he instead put the FDLE in the hot seat, requiring them to be the bad guys.

Rules for me but not for thee is hardly good for anyone. We are unlikely to elect a ruling class after all.

As I've already mentioned.
Guns have no place at a political event. I'll add bars as well.
Now if there was some way to keep those who wish to shoot a political figure that would be different.
But dems have shown they cant be trusted with firearms at a political event.

Somebody named "Beth Reinhard" quotes unnamed unidentified anonymous "officials" in a no news op-ed about DeSantis. It beats talking about the Biden scandals.

Well you do have your right to an opinion.

Still your argument is not to supportive of some by saying that they would support red flag laws, but they don't because it is more important to keep the gun. So individuals rights are important. Yet the people who died seemed to have lost all their rights. Sure gun control is a what if scenario as it can go both ways.

Well to be accurate then it is done by some who have mental problems or they don't have any normal standard of ethics. Yes there can be some external factors at play that acts like the trigger that pushes them towards doing the act. The straw that broke the camels back.

Some do believe that there are mental problems involved with the people but its not the guns fault. It is societies fault , it the shooters fault, and the faults start lining up. Still what is the underlying issues. It's not rational behavior. Now if you were hired to do this than yeah you can say it was for the money. Then it becomes more of a morality issues. Still there has to be a trigger that pushes someone over that line.

In what way is a mass shooting not a mental issue? Yes there has be some trigger that pushes someone over the edge to the point that this is what they are going to do. It could be for the money. If no money is involved then what is the issues?

Does anyone really believe that shooting kids or randomly shooting people is normal behavior and does not indicate mental issues. Simply because there is a more important issue. The individuals rights. Then it becomes whose individual rights are more important.

The article is absurd. As if any political event allows people to bring guns to it.
The more people who have guns, the safer we are!

Gun free zones encourage mass shooters!

The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun!

We have been told all these things over and over and over.

DeSantis was caught red-handed being a hypocrite. And he tried to get someone else to take the blame for the gun ban, so he's a fucking coward, too!

The more people who have guns, the safer we are!

Gun free zones encourage mass shooters!

The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun!

We have been told all these things over and over and over.

DeSantis was caught red-handed being a hypocrite. And he tried to get someone else to take the blame for the gun ban, so he's a fucking coward, too!

Whatever makes you feel better, Sparky. :itsok:

I love this part of the article from the OP

Lindsey Curnutte, a spokeswoman for the governor’s political team, said: “We follow the guidance of the FDLE and local law enforcement to keep the governor and his family safe during events.”
FDLE, which reports to the governor and three other statewide elected officials, values “the rights of our citizens to legally bear arms,” Plessinger said, and makes decisions based on “security threats.” She added in an email: “FDLE encourages private and public venues to limit weapons when hosting the Governor and First Family at large events. Doing so enhances the ability of law enforcement officers and FDLE Protective Operations agents to work proficiently and quickly in the event of an emergency.”
Plessinger noted that “security decisions are made solely by FDLE without consultation or input from any other agency or entity.”

Sounds like hearsay from city officials that contradict the protocols established from the FDLE ..

Forum List

Back