DeSantis Announces He Will Send Florida Law Enforcement To Assist At Border, Blasts Biden Admin

Let's add some national partisan politics reality here. Immigration and illegal immigration have been the third rail of Republican base politics YEARS before Trump came down that escalator six years ago to rail against Mexican rapists. In fact, that's what got Trump the nomination, and it sure as hell galvanizes conservative voters to go to the polls on election day.

DeSantis has been doing everything he can to position himself as the desired GOP nominee for the 2024 presidential election.

I've already come to the conclusion that Democrats are losing the PR war about the border, and I also know that regardless of what the truth about the border is, it's in the interests of the GOP to make the border situation look MUCH worse than it really is, regardless of how good or bad it really is. The calls from the TX and AZ governors for help with their border with Mexico was the latest salvo in that PR war.

Now, DeSantis wants to look like the hero.

Forget the fact that FL police officers are not versed in TX or AZ laws.

Forget the fact that DeSantis probably doesn't even have the authority to send FL police out of state.

Forget the fact that the cops aren't going to want to leave their wives and kids and communities for God knows how long.

Forget the fact the police unions would likely object to the order, in part, because their contract probably has no provision for that kind of order and because they don't want to leave their communities underrepresented with skeleton crews trying to police their cities and towns.

Yeah, forget all of that!

DeSantis just wants to look like he's trying to save the nation because of the PR boost it would give his prospective campaign for the 2024 GOP nomination.
In response to your comment that “it's in the interests of the GOP to make the border situation look MUCH worse than it really is” I’d like to say there is no need to try to make the horrendous condition of our southern border appear worse. Just review live footage showing various areas near crossings and listen to interviews of the families who live along the border. These are the people you need to ask. Those who worry daily about leaving their homes due to routine break-ins/theft with some families being assaulted by undocumented migrants trying to guard their property. Multiple sources carry these vids- take your pic or I can find one for you.

Too bad you never learned how to debate by using valid arguments instead of ad hominems.
I hate to break this to you, Daniel but the next time that you present a valid argument...will be the FIRST time you've presented a valid argument!
Here's a hint...gibberish is not an argument...it's just gibberish!

I hate to break this to you, Daniel but the next time that you present a valid argument...will be the FIRST time you've presented a valid argument!
All you have is ad hominems; project much? Your guy lost the popular vote and must have cheated. Right-wingers have been projecting ever since.

We’ve documented stupid USMB posters who can’t process their mother tongue, English, give up and call the other’s post gibberish, which former poster should be given a pop-quiz in front of the other readers to prove who is actually the stupid one. We’re referring precisely to posted scientific material backed by peer review.

Forum List

Back