Dern Dem's

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
"This is sheer genius."

In a bid to stem taxpayer losses for bad loans guaranteed by federal housing agencies Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac, Senator Bob Corker (R-TN) proposed that borrowers be required to make a 5% down payment in order to qualify.

His proposal was rejected 57-42 on a party-line vote because, as Senator Chris Dodd (D-CN) explained, "Passage of such a requirement would restrict home ownership to only those who can afford it."

I can't add anything to this.
:eusa_whistle:

If the government owned all housing and apportioned it out, wouldn't that just solve everything. That way there would be no need to afford home ownership, no one would own a home.

"This is sheer genius."

In a bid to stem taxpayer losses for bad loans guaranteed by federal housing agencies Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac, Senator Bob Corker (R-TN) proposed that borrowers be required to make a 5% down payment in order to qualify.

His proposal was rejected 57-42 on a party-line vote because, as Senator Chris Dodd (D-CN) explained, "Passage of such a requirement would restrict home ownership to only those who can afford it."

You really should add a link to your quote, that would be handy.

"This is sheer genius."

FactCheck.org : Satire Alert: Dodd’s ‘Quote’ on Mortgages

"This is sheer genius."

Chris Dodd doesn’t believe home ownership should be restricted to only those who can afford it :: Liberty Maven

"This is sheer genius."

LOL

Have Chris "Countrywide" Dodd Barney "Fannie and Freddie are just fine" Frank remake our financial rules is like having Hannibal Lecter and Jeff Dahmer as chefs.

"This is sheer genius."

Chris Dodd doesn’t believe home ownership should be restricted to only those who can afford it :: Liberty Maven

And you believed it with all your heart, what a dupe, it's bad enough to believe a lie but to spread it when it is so easy to check it for accuracy? Dupe, no wonder you are a republican.

"This is sheer genius."

Yes we need to let those you cannot afford to own a home.. own a home.

Stupid democrats...this is what got us in the mess in the first place.

And you believed it with all your heart, what a dupe, it's bad enough to believe a lie but to spread it when it is so easy to check it for accuracy? Dupe, no wonder you are a republican.

I'm not a republican, DUPE. I saw that and found it humerous. Sorry I didnt spend my day trying to make sure it was correct before posting. Easy to believe coming from this imbecil

I'm not a republican, DUPE. I saw that and found it humerous. Sorry I didnt spend my day trying to make sure it was correct before posting. Easy to believe coming from this imbecil

Funny, you sure sound like a republican what with all the lying and lack of intellectual curiosity.

Speaking of intellect, nice run on sentence. I guess your grammar teacher DUPED you? lol

Here's an idea...Get the fucking government out of the home mortgage business!

Oh wait, did I miss "Guarantee home loans" among the enumerated powers??? :eusa_whistle:

Funny, you sure sound like a republican what with all the lying and lack of intellectual curiosity.

u cant even think past republican, the word republican fires you up before you consider anything, shows how open minded you are, republican. does the word republican get you all mad bro? republican.

Not a good idea at all.

If you take a god long look at Germany's housing market, its stood tall through all of this economic mess. While we point the finger at Govt Germany has about 3x the regulations we have state side which is exactly why they have a healthy housing market.

Strict Govt oversight has kept Germany from feeling the pain we are currently feeling.

To be clear, im not endorsing out Govt provide loans or funds, just that the regulations in place be made to insure only people with sufficient income can take a mortgage loan. As we now know, Banks cant be trusted.

Last edited:
"This is sheer genius."

FactCheck.org : Satire Alert: Dodd’s ‘Quote’ on Mortgages

Can't get any funnier, lol. Make shit up, misquote people, and just out right lie. The best part is this part.

But Corker’s amendment also would have stripped out a requirement that mortgage packagers keep a financial interest in the mortgage securities that they sell to others — an idea Dodd said was aimed at discouraging lenders from making loans to people who can’t repay them.

This in actuality is an even more important issue that Corker wanted to rescind. Allowing brokers to completely package away mortgages they wrote and then have no liability or interest in them is exactly what got us into this mess in the first place. When are people going to wake up?

u cant even think past republican, the word republican fires you up before you consider anything, shows how open minded you are, republican. does the word republican get you all mad bro? republican.

Not really, just like to call conservatives that and watch them squirm away from it even though they vote that way and support their platform.

Not a good idea at all.

If you take a god long look at Germany's housing market, its stood tall through all of this economic mess. While we point the finger at Govt Germany has about 3x the regulations we have state side which is exactly why they have a healthy housing market.

Strict Govt oversight has kept Germany from feeling the pain we are currently feeling.

To be clear, im not endorsing out Govt provide loans or funds, just that the regulations in place be made to insure only people with sufficient income can take a mortgage loan. As we now know, Banks cant be trusted.

Banks can be trusted to seek growth and profits. That means making loans where the mortgagee has sufficient income and collateral that will cover the loan should default occur.

It was GOVERNMENT that forced banks to lend to people with insufficient income and backed loans so banks didn't really care about income and collateral. It was GOVERNMENT that bailed them out.

We need less government meddling, not a re-tweaked version of more regulations. I get where you're coming from: If only they'd do it YOUR way, markets could be efficiently control by central planners. I call bullshit, for as history has shown, no central planners have the magic beans to efficiently control an economy or a market. Stop believing in magic beans and let the people make their own choices.

Not really, just like to call conservatives that and watch them squirm away from it even though they vote that way and support their platform.

My platform is who is a better LEADER. Thats why i'm voting repub this time.

My platform is who is a better LEADER. Thats why i'm voting repub this time.

You act as if you know the facts on both candidates and have made an educated decision but posting that sorry link says otherwise. Still waiting for that Kenyan birth certificate to come to light?

Forum List

Back