Dern Dem's

Not really, just like to call conservatives that and watch them squirm away from it even though they vote that way and support their platform.

My platform is who is a better LEADER. Thats why i'm voting repub this time.

You act as if you know the facts on both candidates and have made an educated decision but posting that sorry link says otherwise. Still waiting for that Kenyan birth certificate to come to light?

Yes, I have done my research. Not really, but it wouldnt surprise me. I did read somewhere, this guy, had the obama book pre or during his senate seat. He said he was born in Kenya, then on his announcement of Presidency, he had his book changed.. IDK

My platform is who is a better LEADER. Thats why i'm voting repub this time.

You act as if you know the facts on both candidates and have made an educated decision but posting that sorry link says otherwise. Still waiting for that Kenyan birth certificate to come to light?

Yes, I have done my research. Not really, but it wouldnt surprise me. I did read somewhere, this guy, had the obama book pre or during his senate seat. He said he was born in Kenya, then on his announcement of Presidency, he had his book changed.. IDK

dont be offended TN, libs feel everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it better agree with the libs, or you are against them, insult to follow.

Stop believing in magic beans and let the people make their own choices.

the govt does have role, I do not trust the free market untouched or unregulated. If you do, then great. However, w/o some sort of buffer zone between me and the bankers/ scam artists whats the point. Every tom, Dick and Harry can lie, cheat and steal w/o any oversight. Just a bad idea.

A unregulated housing market is the worst idea I have ever heard.

Last edited:

dont be offended TN, libs feel everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it better agree with the libs, or you are against them, insult to follow.

Opinions-yes, facts-no. Did you believe the Dodd "quote" too?

Opinions-yes, facts-no. Did you believe the Dodd "quote" too?

which quote are we talking, Dodds known to shout out stupid stuff.

the govt does have role, I do not trust the free market untouched or unregulated. If you do, then great. However, w/o some sort of buffer zone between me and the bankers/ scam artists whats the point. Every tom, Dick and Harry can lie, cheat and steal w/o any oversight. Just a bad idea.

and teh government doesnt?

Here's an idea...Get the fucking government out of the home mortgage business!

Not a good idea at all.

If you take a god long look at Germany's housing market, its stood tall through all of this economic mess. While we point the finger at Govt Germany has about 3x the regulations we have state side which is exactly why they have a healthy housing market.

Strict Govt oversight has kept Germany from feeling the pain we are currently feeling.

To be clear, im not endorsing out Govt provide loans or funds, just that the regulations in place be made to insure only people with sufficient income can take a mortgage loan. As we now know, Banks cant be trusted.

It's terrible that 3 Dem's on the housing and banking committee blocked all regulations that Bush wanted in order stop Freddie Macs illegal hedge fund trading.
It could have found and stopped all of the illegal things that was going on also.

and teh government doesnt?

the Govt does not what??? you lost me.....

It's terrible that 3 Dem's

im not trying to make this a Dem or Pub issue, just whats best for the average hard working American. Regulations similar to what Germany has in place would be a good start. You all should read up on how Germany survived the housing crash while America, UK, France, Spain all had huge losses.

Last edited:

I never said we should have a completely unregulated market for mortgages. Scam artists are already breaking the law. If a bank steals from you, you have the courts to seek justice. However, what we have today is FAR beyond simple regulations, it's controlling the market by central planners out of Washington...and look where THAT got us!

Government does have a role but you called for an INCREASED role when it is not more regulations that are required, it's less government meddling. Sensible regulations are NOT the same thing as government picking and choosing winners in markets and controlling the majority of loans, which is exactly what we deal with today.

Nobody, I mean nobody has the magic beans to control a market centrally. We should have protections against wrongdoers in the housing market but allowing the government to control the market is insane...as the past few years have proven.

Forum List

Back