Zone1 Derek Jeter: He's Not The Man Roger Maris Was

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. What happened to the 3000th hit by Derek Jeter???
"Of the 48,000 fans at Yankee Stadium on Saturday, Christian Lopez was the one to catch Derek Jeter's historic home run and 3,000th hit. He offered it to Jeter without asking for anything more than a brief meeting with the star player. The Yankees awarded Lopez's generosity with season tickets for the rest of the year, including the playoffs." YouTube.

2. Christian Lopez, Who Caught Jeter's 3,000th Hit Ball, Has No Regrets About Giving It Back. No regrets. The Derek Jeter fan who gave back the historic 3,000th-hit ball that his idol blasted into the left-field stands -- a memento worth about $250,000 -- yesterday said he'd do it again "100 times."Apr 20, 2016
upload_2020-1-21_15-35-31.pngbrandonsteiner.com › blogs › news › 120304195-christian-lopez-who-c...
Christian Lopez, Who Caught Jeter's 3,000th Hit Ball, Has No ...

Jeter could have declined the ball, and told Lopez to put it on Ebay....would have changed the kid's life.

3. "Roger Maris’ $5,000 advice to Sal Durante, who caught his 61st homer

Sal Durante was 19 years old in 1961 when he caught Roger Maris’ record-breaking 61st home run ball, and it was an experience he cherished for 60 years.

Durante was with his girlfriend, Rosemarie, who would become his wife, on a double date in the right field bleachers for Yankees-Red Sox — and she paid for the tickets.

“I was broke at the time, and Rosemarie loaned me $10...

Durante was happy to return the ball and receive nothing but a “thank you” from Maris in return. Instead, he recalled Maris telling him, “Keep it, kid. Put it up for auction. Somebody will pay you a lot of money for the ball. He’ll keep it for a couple of days and then give it to me.”

I like to think of Maris being a conservative, and Jeter, a Liberal.

1664045004065.png

1. What happened to the 3000th hit by Derek Jeter???
"Of the 48,000 fans at Yankee Stadium on Saturday, Christian Lopez was the one to catch Derek Jeter's historic home run and 3,000th hit. He offered it to Jeter without asking for anything more than a brief meeting with the star player. The Yankees awarded Lopez's generosity with season tickets for the rest of the year, including the playoffs." YouTube.

2. Christian Lopez, Who Caught Jeter's 3,000th Hit Ball, Has No Regrets About Giving It Back. No regrets. The Derek Jeter fan who gave back the historic 3,000th-hit ball that his idol blasted into the left-field stands -- a memento worth about $250,000 -- yesterday said he'd do it again "100 times."Apr 20, 2016
upload_2020-1-21_15-35-31.pngbrandonsteiner.com › blogs › news › 120304195-christian-lopez-who-c...
Christian Lopez, Who Caught Jeter's 3,000th Hit Ball, Has No ...

Jeter could have declined the ball, and told Lopez to put it on Ebay....would have changed the kid's life.

3. "Roger Maris’ $5,000 advice to Sal Durante, who caught his 61st homer

Sal Durante was 19 years old in 1961 when he caught Roger Maris’ record-breaking 61st home run ball, and it was an experience he cherished for 60 years.

Durante was with his girlfriend, Rosemarie, who would become his wife, on a double date in the right field bleachers for Yankees-Red Sox — and she paid for the tickets.

“I was broke at the time, and Rosemarie loaned me $10...

Durante was happy to return the ball and receive nothing but a “thank you” from Maris in return. Instead, he recalled Maris telling him, “Keep it, kid. Put it up for auction. Somebody will pay you a lot of money for the ball. He’ll keep it for a couple of days and then give it to me.”

I like to think of Maris being a conservative, and Jeter, a Liberal.

I dunno'.

Jeter used to live in Trump Tower...

I dunno'.

Jeter used to live in Trump Tower...
"A lot of people may be turned off by his tweets, his mannerisms, or even the way he talks, but the way President Trump treats politicians (whom most Americans hate) is much different than how he treats the American people.

Here are a few examples of his kindness and charitable moments: Stopping the presidential motorcade promptly to thank firefighters. Helping a Harlem hospital repair its elevator systems. Loaning his private airline to the family of a three-year-old boy suffering from a life-threatening medical condition so he could get treatment in New York.

Another story is that of Annabel Hill, whose husband killed himself for insurance money to save his family farm, but the insurance wouldn’t pay for a suicide. Trump stepped in and helped save the farm.

Trump also let Jennifer Hudson and some of her family members stay in Trump International Hotel & Tower in Chicago for free after her relatives were killed.

Trump sent a bus driver a $10,000 check for stopping a woman from jumping off a bridge.

These are just a few of the many acts of kindness that have gone unnoticed by the media and most Americans. I hope after reading this you have a different opinion of the president. He may be quick with a tweet and fast with the lip, but the man also has a big heart and the character to lead this nation. Please join me in voting for Trump on Tuesday.

Luke Sterner
Upper Nazareth Township

The OP said she thinks of Maris as a conservative and Jeter as a liberal.

I don't think too many liberals would live in Trump Tower.

Do you?

Be honest, you rube.
The reason for your negative post is the spankings I've given your posts in the past.

"According to the CPI calculator, which measures the tides of inflation, the $5,000 Durante received in 1961 is the equivalent of nearly $50,000 today. It’s hard to fathom what the ball would fetch in an auction today.

Durante was a Brooklyn-based truck driver at the time he caught the ball; he would later drive a school bus for 30 years until his retirement at the age of 62. About 20 years ago, Sal and Rosemarie moved from Brooklyn to Staten Island."

Be honest, you rube.
The reason for your negative post is the spankings I've given your posts in the past.

Shut the fuck up, you diseased twat.

You just can't handle it when someone posts something which might run counter to what you've said. The very prospect of someone else holding a different position scares the shit out of you.

Jeter's conservative, kitten. Deal with it.

And, as far as your "spankings"? Bitch, you couldn't spank a toddler, so you sure the fuck ain't spanking me. I've owned you at every turn.

You're mine...

Shut the fuck up, you diseased twat.

You just can't handle it when someone posts something which might run counter to what you've said. The very prospect of someone else holding a different position scares the shit out of you.

Jeter's conservative, kitten. Deal with it.

And, as far as your "spankings"? Bitch, you couldn't spank a toddler, so you sure the fuck ain't spanking me. I've owned you at every turn.

You're mine...

See......proof of what I posted.

Forum List

Back