Depends On How One Values Things....

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Forbes released valuations of the NHL teams.....

"New York, NY (Dec. 5, 2018) – Forbes released today the 20th annual list of valuations for the National Hockey League’s 31 teams. The New York Rangers, worth $1.55 billion, top the list for the fourth consecutive year. Even though the Rangers missed the playoffs, they continue to generate more revenue than any other team.

The Toronto Maple Leafs take the No. 2 spot, with a value of $1.45 billion followed by the Montreal Canadiens, valued at $1.3billion, who take the No. 3 spot."
Forbes Releases 20th Annual List of NHL Team Valuations

For those of us who are fans.....Ranger blue runs in my veins.....the miserable record of the team is far more important than that dollar value, as I no longer wish to purchase the franchise.

Here they sit, 4th place in the Metropolitan Division

1 Washington
2 Columbus
3 NY Islanders
4 NY Rangers
5 Carolina
6 Pittsburgh
7 Philadelphia
8 New Jersey

But.....if one were to look at the team from a more .....religious......perspective,

Matthew 19:30 to the rest of the league:

"But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first."

We're on our way down.....to be first.

I'm happy the Islanders are playing pretty good hockey after the loss of Tavares. They aren't lighting the league on fire, but they'd be in the playoffs if the season ended today, they have a positive goals for/against ratio, and I was worried they'd be cellar-dwellers.

I'm a bit surprised the Isles weren't closer to the bottom of the value list. Sure, they're a New York team, but they're more like Buffalo than the Rangers. New York, but not NEW YORK. :p

The Rangers are just a dollar figure. Everyone knows the Leafs are the NHL’s brand ambassadors front and center.

Toronto=Mecca of hockey. The city has done more for the sport than any other place on the planet.

I'm happy the Islanders are playing pretty good hockey after the loss of Tavares. They aren't lighting the league on fire, but they'd be in the playoffs if the season ended today, they have a positive goals for/against ratio, and I was worried they'd be cellar-dwellers.

I'm a bit surprised the Isles weren't closer to the bottom of the value list. Sure, they're a New York team, but they're more like Buffalo than the Rangers. New York, but not NEW YORK. :p

The Islanders are overachieving. Just take a glance at their possession stats, shot differentials and scoring chances for/against.

Not to mention they just don’t have the talent to keep this up over the long haul.

The Rangers are just a dollar figure. Everyone knows the Leafs are the NHL’s brand ambassadors front and center.

Toronto=Mecca of hockey. The city has done more for the sport than any other place on the planet.

From Canada?
Oh…you’re on the eh team?

Canada is America's hat.....you'd better how we don't roll over in our sleep one night......

From Canada?

Canada is America's hat.....you'd better how we don't roll over in our sleep one night......

What does this have to do with politics?

Yes, I am proudly Canadian. Yes, I also love the US of A.

But Toronto=Hockey. Toronto is to the NHL what St Louis is to the MLB, New York to the NBA or Dallas to the NFL.

From Canada?

But Toronto=Hockey. Toronto is to the NHL what St Louis is to the MLB, New York to the NBA or Dallas to the NFL.

Isn't Canada's motto "They Gave a Country And Nobody Came"?

From Canada?

St. Louis to MLB? Why wouldn't that be New York?

Also, Dallas may THINK they are America's Team, but the rest of the country doesn't necessarily agree. :lol:

The Islanders are overachieving. Just take a glance at their possession stats, shot differentials and scoring chances for/against.

Not to mention they just don’t have the talent to keep this up over the long haul.

The Isles might have the talent, I think it's more about the experience that's an issue. There's quite a few younger players on the team.

They are overachieving, but who knows? Maybe they can keep it up for a season, maybe they can even grow into it so that it's no longer overachievment. :)

Forum List

Back