Denver rounding up Canada geese to feed the needy - CNN

Actually, the article says that Denver got special permission for the round up, because there are way too many geese, and the population is starting to have a negative effect on the city's parks and lawns.

And, besides.................if they are gonna kill the geese anyway, wouldn't it make sense to use the meat if you could?

But, I'm originally from Montana, and up there, we don't hunt and kill things that we don't intend to eat.

G-d bless us, every one...

the-muppet-christmas-carol.0.jpg

And this is discriminating against Canada!
And these amazing migratory birds were around long, long before the nation of Canada incorporated.

I met up with a Canadian goose in Denver once when my husband and I were on vacation. We stayed at a hotel by a lake, and this mama goose came forward at me, took the bird food provided at a vending machine right out of my hands. When she and her chicks finished it off in 20 seconds flat, the plucky mother came back, demanding more, and right now, too. But seeing that there was no more, she huffed off, with her cute little waddlers following her. You never met smarter, more beautiful animals than Canadian geese. They're amazing family people. I can see how no one would want to mess with Canadian geese, but that geese have no more business messing up every square inch of a park built for people's human children to play in, too.

I'm sorry they overpopulated an area. And I have a feeling that to create havoc in a city the size of Denver, there are a lot more than 5,000 that live there. Some of the Denver people will be up in arms about their destruction. Those birds are characters, and probably were the inspiration for the character, Dudley Do-Right.
p23515_v_v8_ab.jpg

In October, 2006, my late husband and I took a wonderful trip on what was once called "the Orient Express through Canada." We travelled from Ontario to Vancouver, and a little past midway through the trip, we passed field after field one day of Canadian Gees training their goslings to fly long distances. Our Canadian guide, a Canadian historian, explained that the geese spend two weeks training their young ones to fly and develop strength for their long migration south for the winter. I only found one picture of a mass of Canadian geese similar to the ones we saw lined up in field after field for two hours of chugging through the heart of the Canadian midwest. That truly captured my heart about Canadian geese.
geese+sky.jpg

Imagine passing a landscape, full of as many geese as this one for 300 miles on a train, out in the fields of the Canadian midwest. My enchantment with the Canadian Goose will never be forgotten that lovely, crisp, fall day.​

There are an estimated 5,000 geese living in the city

Did these geese answer the census question?

There are an estimated 5,000 geese living in the city

Did these geese answer the census question?

I live in Denver, and if officials seek to reduce the excessive Goose population, lets do the same thing for the hugemungous number of out-of-staters that have over run this place and leave their collective shit all over the place. All for culling outrageous numbers of non regional species destroying the local environment.

I live in Denver, and if officials seek to reduce the excessive Goose population, lets do the same thing for the hugemungous number of out-of-staters that have over run this place and leave their collective shit all over the place. All for culling outrageous numbers of non regional species destroying the local environment.
You're kidding. I thought they only did that in San Francisco. I thought there were a lot of jobs in the area. :dunno:

How far is it from the dunes on 160 now

I live in Denver and The 5000 geese are resident geese. Meaning they do not migrate. Come here in the fall and winter and you will see many flocks of 1000s of geese along the front range.

These resident geese have decide to hang all year in Denver because they find (or did) refuge from predators in the parks.

In south eastern Colorado millions of snow geese migrate north in the fall, and their numbers have grown too big for their arctic nesting habitat. The population explosion is primarily due to the abundance of food along their migratory path from field crops. They are hard as hell to hunt though.

You're kidding. I thought they only did that in San Francisco. I thought there were a lot of jobs in the area. :dunno:
I am sure as hecc! Same as they are serving fat goose dinners to the needy. Same ones that would have homes and jobs if they (liberal Democrats) didn't give them to illegal aliens. But that's another narrative.

Nutritional value of 1 cup goose meat - I was awestruck by the amino acid levels.

Nutritional value of Goose, domesticated, meat and skin, cooked, roasted
Serving Size: 1 cup (chopped or diced), 140 g
Calories 427 Kcal. Calories from Fat 276.21 Kcal.

Proximity Amount % DV
Water 72.73 g N/D
Energy 427 Kcal N/D
Energy 1786 kJ N/D
Protein 35.22 g 70.44%
Total Fat (lipid) 30.69 g 87.69%
Ash 1.36 g N/D

Minerals Amount % DV
Calcium, Ca 18 mg 1.80%
Iron, Fe 3.96 mg 49.50%
Magnesium, Mg 31 mg 7.38%
Phosphorus, P 378 mg 54.00%