Dems Killed my favorite cigar shop

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
I went to restock and imagine my surprise when the man told me he no longer carried cigars...wtf?

Obama imposed a 31% tax and now NYS, another blue state hellhole, increased the licensing fee from $100/year to between 900 to 2,700.

""Id have to sell $5/cigars for between 8 to 9, so instead, I'm closing for now"

Thank you Democrats for killing yet another small business

Also, you tobacco Nazis should get cryptosporidium in your tofu.

I'm going to Arthur Ave in the Bronx and buy some handrolled.

Congress needs to be unpaid, part time work meeting once a month like the local zoning board, unless there's a national emergency.

Another instance of government knowing, better than you, what's best for you. Another choice taken away. Slowly chipping away at our freedom.

I went to restock and imagine my surprise when the man told me he no longer carried cigars...wtf?

Obama imposed a 31% tax and now NYS, another blue state hellhole, increased the licensing fee from $100/year to between 900 to 2,700.

""Id have to sell $5/cigars for between 8 to 9, so instead, I'm closing for now"

crying_baby.jpg

"BARRY TOOK MY CIGARS!!!"

No one stops selling something because of a tax they have to collect. Your guy isn't selling cigars because he doesn't want to spend the money to buy them..... which has NOTHING to do with what you're taxed.

And you can complain all you want, but something had to pay for SCHIP to get kids health coverage.

See what happens when you folk don't want to control insurance companies. :eusa_whistle:

It's very easy to control insurance companies or any other company for that matter, don't buy their product.

No one stops selling something because of a tax they have to collect. Your guy isn't selling cigars because he doesn't want to spend the money to buy them..... which has NOTHING to do with what you're taxed.

And you can complain all you want, but something had to pay for SCHIP to get kids health coverage.

See what happens when you folk don't want to control insurance companies. :eusa_whistle:

Are you retarded?

It's economics 101, it's Bizzarolond Walmart. He can't sell enough volume at the higher prices to breakeven

This is why real world experience is a vital prerequisite to people who want to be legislators.

Hey, dipshit... he said licensing fees as well. And since you seem so challenged at the elementary principles of making a dollar, anything that adds to costs, adds to price.

Try to follow along.

Last edited:

Hey, dipshit... he said licensing fee. And since you seem so challenged at the elementary principles of making a dollar, anything that adds to costs, adds to price.

Try to follow along.

He didn't say his PROFITS were cut. If he added the amount of the tax, his PROFITS don't change.

Elementary business 101. Thanks for playing. Calling me names really makes you look like you know something.....

NOT. :cuckoo:

Are you retarded?

It's economics 101, it's Bizzarolond Walmart. He can't sell enough volume at the higher prices to breakeven

This is why real world experience is a vital prerequisite to people who want to be legislators.

Rememeber who these folks are.. in their world, when you need more money, you just take it from somebody... somebody else of course.

Tofu is made by coagulating soy milk and pressing the resulting curds. They have pesticides in their tofu but tobacco is very, very bad for you.
http://www.mercola.com/article/soy/avoid_soy.htmAdditionally 99% a very large percentage of soy is genetically modified and it also has one of the highest percentages contamination by pesticides of any of our foods.

Hey, dipshit... he said licensing fee. And since you seem so challenged at the elementary principles of making a dollar, anything that adds to costs, adds to price.

Try to follow along.

He didn't say his PROFITS were cut. If he added the amount of the tax, his PROFITS don't change.

Elementary business 101. Thanks for playing. Calling me names really makes you look like you know something.....

NOT. :cuckoo:

No, but the price sure does... which was the point. Stack enough taxes and fees on something and nobody is going to pay $10 for a stink weed cigar that cost $.50 to manufacture and is worth $1.

Not sure where you live, but look at the taxes and bullshit in the price of 1 gallon of gasoline. YOu'll probably be appalled.

Forum List

Back