Dems in 2016

Indirectly offering free stuff and legalizing people in order to get votes certainly does work. Right you are... Maybe the nect GOP nominee should campaign in Mexico. Sort of like running food stamp commericals there.

Republicans don't offer free stuff?

Then why do so many billionaires support them?

Here's your big moment. Tell me what they offer for free. Oh and save the tax cuts for the rich bullshit as a response.

Increased defense spending without paying for it.

A 20% across the board tax cut without a credible plan to pay for the lost revenue with spending cuts.

When was the last Republican who attacked farm subsidies in Red States? Is protecting oil companies from competition free stuff? Is offering to slash taxes free stuff? Is slashing environmental and worker protections free stuff?

I'd like to hear more about how the oil companies are protected from competition.

Why do we subsidize oil compaies making billion dollar profits?
Why do we allow them to drill on public land?
Why do we relax environmental policies to support oil profits?
Why do we fight new energy research?
Why fight cars that use energy sources other than oil?
Why protest making BP pay for its oil spill?

All Republican Free Stuff for oil companies

Uh huh. Republican stuff eh. Proof? Link?

Here's your big moment. Tell me what they offer for free. Oh and save the tax cuts for the rich bullshit as a response.

A 20% across the board tax cut without a credible plan to pay for the lost revenue with spending cuts.

So having more people working and paying into the coffers is not a credible plan? Because it seems to work everytime they do it.

Not quite what we were speaking about. What do GOP nominees for Prez promise for free?

The Democrats are in real trouble in 2014 in the midterms and 2016 in the General. If they wish to keep the oval office they'll either need massive success in the next 4 years and a heir apparent that makes him or her the obvious choice or a fresh voice. I don't think the latter is going to happen although I think the recovery will continue. As for a fresh voice, perhaps a hispanic or female nominee.

The problem is that you can only do the "catergory killer" thing (according to conventional wisdom) every so often. If it is seen as a failure, it's off the table. If it is seen as a success, there is a chance the rabbit can be pulled out of the hat once more.

The good news is for DEMS is that the TEA party puts such a constraint on the GOP nominee that it makes it very hard for them to win in states where voters can keep more than one thought in their head at a time.

Rick Santorum is next in line to be nominated by the GOP.

:lol:

You're probaly right. I read somewhere yesterday that some thought he should have been the nominee.

A good man but electable? Not so likely in todays' America. :cool:

Neither was Romney...didn't stop you guys. He said 47% wouldn't vote for him It turns out just over 47% voted for him...so by his own math he actually got only a smidgen of the independent vote.

Again with the "you guys". Just because I was not enamored into stupidity by the Messiah doesn't mean that I and everyone else who didn't vote for him are Republicans.

Not totally, they nominated Romney, because it was his "turn". The GOP needs to stop nominating the guy who lost to the last loser.

Do you truly believe the GOP voters, who selected Romney, felt it was "his turn", or did they simply think he was the most palatable of the bunch in the primaries?
Before a vote was cast, or a single primary debate, everyone knew who the nominee was. That whole dog and pony show was to vet Romney, he was the star.

Perhaps....but the actual GOP voters decided....or am I missing something?

:lol:

You're probaly right. I read somewhere yesterday that some thought he should have been the nominee.

A good man but electable? Not so likely in todays' America. :cool:

Neither was Romney...didn't stop you guys. He said 47% wouldn't vote for him It turns out just over 47% voted for him...so by his own math he actually got only a smidgen of the independent vote.
Again with the "you guys". Just because I was not enamored into stupidity by the Messiah doesn't mean that I and everyone else who didn't vote for him are Republicans.

Doesn't matter.
You are all losers.
Socreboard.
Tell that to TPS as well.

Do you truly believe the GOP voters, who selected Romney, felt it was "his turn", or did they simply think he was the most palatable of the bunch in the primaries?
Before a vote was cast, or a single primary debate, everyone knew who the nominee was. That whole dog and pony show was to vet Romney, he was the star.

If I gave you the choice between 4 dirty pennies and a $100 bill, which would you choose?

The GOP will never field a winning presidential candidate again. This is because the GOP stands for:
Small Gov't
Low taxes
Individual freedom
Individual initiative.

Those values are now minority values in this country. To win they would have to be in favor of:
Free Health Care
Free Contraceptives
Free Love
Free Dope
Free Gov't Cheese.

When that happens the core members of the GOP will leave and form the Whig Party or something.

I know we're all sick of it. But Obama is inelegible, barring an executive order, from running for a third term. So who do the Democrats get?
They will need a clean articulate black man with no Negro accent (what racists said that??). Where to find one?
How humorous it's gonna be....watching you big, bad "conservative" Patriarchs gettin' your collective-asses HANDED TO YOU....BY WOMAN!!!!!

cr_mega_504_RTXWKQE.jpg

If I gave you the choice between 4 dirty pennies and a $100 bill, which would you choose?

In a typical primary system, those 4 dirty pennies would have dropped out after the first primary.
Since Citizens United, those 4 dirty pennies have billionaire backers who allow the dirty pennies to stay in the primary regardless of how poorly they do. The result is that $100 bill had to assume some of the political positions of dirty pennies to keep going

In the end, the $100 bill had assumed political positions that could no longer win

The GOP will never field a winning presidential candidate again. This is because the GOP stands for:
Small Gov't
Low taxes
Individual freedom
Individual initiative.

Those values are now minority values in this country. To win they would have to be in favor of:
Free Health Care
Free Contraceptives
Free Love
Free Dope
Free Gov't Cheese.

When that happens the core members of the GOP will leave and form the Whig Party or something.

Astute political analysis from someone who assured us that Obama had no chance to defeat Rick Perry

Small Gov't
Low taxes
Individual freedom
Individual initiative.

Free Health Care
Free Contraceptives
Free Love
Free Dope
Free Gov't Cheese.

I believe in republican values. I believe they are winning values. Majority values. However I also reject the idea that you can't believe in small government and individual responsibility, and marriage equality, freedom of choice over your body, whether your talking pot or abortion.

The message is a good one, the issue is two fold, talking the talk but not backing it up with policy, rejecting those who don't tow the party line.

Small Gov't Tell that pro-choice women
Low taxes For the wealthy
Individual freedomTell that to gay people
Individual initiative.As long as it is not contrary to the Bible

Free Health Care
Free Contraceptives
Free Love
Free Dope
Free Gov't Cheese.

When you actually BECOME what you say you are - I'll take a second look.

I know we're all sick of it. But Obama is inelegible, barring an executive order, from running for a third term. So who do the Democrats get?
They will need a clean articulate black man with no Negro accent (what racists said that??). Where to find one?

Idiot

Forum List

Back