Dems can never again claim the GOP wants to make voting harder for the public after Iowa.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Look at all the ridiculous requirements that are in place in Iowa. The amount of time you have to put in just to have your choice nullified by a "coin toss"
Can Iowans just take 5 minutes out of their day to vote like the rest of the modernized country? Nope. They must spend hours in some cases bickering back n forth to have their selection ultimately chosen for them by some grade school level techniques.

Yet here we are today and I have not seen a single leftie mention how this absurd process all but removes choice & ease of voting or access.

Those poor people were slammed with commercials, mailers, door knockers, phone calls.

I would find that really annoying, but as an objective viewer I find it really interesting.
It is the right and the left making it harder in Iowa, now it is time to go and kiss New Hampshire's ass.

Look at all the ridiculous requirements that are in place in Iowa. The amount of time you have to put in just to have your choice nullified by a "coin toss"
Can Iowans just take 5 minutes out of their day to vote like the rest of the modernized country? Nope. They must spend hours in some cases bickering back n forth to have their selection ultimately chosen for them by some grade school level techniques.

Yet here we are today and I have not seen a single leftie mention how this absurd process all but removes choice & ease of voting or access.
A coin toss can decide election ties in over 30 states.

Different states have different rules as to how they elect the candidate in the primaries. States rights and all that.

Voting in the general election is different than voting in the primaries.

...and that is what happens in a banana republic

Caucuses are stupid

Nothing you can do about it

Caucuses are stupid

Nothing you can do about it
...as are people who support career politicians

Caucuses are absurd. You won't find many people of any political affiliation that think caucuses are the way to go...

But your thread premise is ridiculous. Primary caucuses have nothing to do with restricting early voting, ending same day registration, restrictive ID laws, etc.

Dems can never again claim the GOP wants to make voting harder for the public after Iowa.

Yes, the facts conclusively show that.

But when have the Democrats ever based what they say, on facts?

They will wait for a few days or weeks, until they feel that the voters have forgotten what happened. And then they will resume screeching that the GOP is the party trying hard to keep people from voting. Again.

The funniest part of this thread, is where you seem to think that telling the truth will persuade liberals to also tell the truth.

:rofl:

Weird. You act like you were born yesterday.

Yes, the facts conclusively show that.

But when have the Democrats ever based what they say, on facts?

They will wait for a few days or weeks, until they feel that the voters have forgotten what happened. And then they will resume screeching that the GOP is the party trying hard to keep people from voting. Again.

The funniest part of this thread, is where you seem to think that telling the truth will persuade liberals to also tell the truth.

:rofl:

What happened?

And they voted for 2 morons who complain about the corrupting influence of money in politics while working for a government that spends $4 Trillion annually.

Morons all

Those poor people were slammed with commercials, mailers, door knockers, phone calls.

I would find that really annoying, but as an objective viewer I find it really interesting.
It is the right and the left making it harder in Iowa, now it is time to go and kiss New Hampshire's ass.
If they removed the 19th century election process and make it a NORMAL primary election by secret ballot half of that advertising spam would vanish.

Like the election the primaries should all take place together. Letting early states knock out candidates before anyone else gets a vote is dumb.

Caucuses are absurd. You won't find many people of any political affiliation that think caucuses are the way to go...

But your thread premise is ridiculous. Primary caucuses have nothing to do with restricting early voting, ending same day registration, restrictive ID laws, etc.
Same day registration promotes paying for votes and other types of fraud. Unless you just turned 18 on election day there is no reason for your lazy ass to not already be registered.
There is NOTHING restrictive about proving your a God damn American with an id before you vote.
If you have a LEGIT reason for needing an early ballot you should get one.

If they removed the 19th century election process and make it a NORMAL primary election by secret ballot half of that advertising spam would vanish.

Like the election the primaries should all take place together. Letting early states knock out candidates before anyone else gets a vote is dumb.
This is the first time I really have the time to study what is going on..
.I now see why they need the huge amounts of money..wow... learning a lot.

Same day registration promotes paying for votes and other types of fraud. Unless you just turned 18 on election day there is no reason for your lazy ass to not already be registered.

By all means...please explain, in detail, how same day registration promotes paying for votes and "other types of fraud". In fact, since a number of states have same day or conditional registration, you should be able to come up with examples of it happening in CO, CT, DC, HI, ID, IL, ME (since 1973), MN, MT, NH, VT and WI (since 1975) and WY.

There is NOTHING restrictive about proving your a God damn American with an id before you vote.

I didn't say that providing the ID was restrictive, it's the type of ID that is restrictive. I bet you RWNJs didn't realize that the HAVA requires ID for Federal Elections. You didn't know that did you, that ID is required in all 50 states for Federal Elections? It's states that require a state issued photo ID that are the restrictive ID states.

If you have a LEGIT reason for needing an early ballot you should get one.

How about if you want an a ballot mailed or to vote early, you should be able to. Only 13 states don't let you vote early only if you have an "excuse" to do it. Most states recognize that not having long lines at the polls on Election Day is a good thing.

Early voting should be available at least 29 days before an election and the number of early voting locations dependent upon the population of the county. In my county we operate two full time early voting locations and in Presidential Election years, they are swamped every day. In fact, I'm recommending we operate three voting centers for November, maybe even more in the last two weeks.

I agree, but kind of disagree too. If the primaries were all held on one day, only the best funded candidates would be able to do it. Many underfunded candidates pick up their "cash" to continue on after the 1st and 2nd primaries, as they show their supposed "strength in ideas" in these early contests.

I agree though that the country should be split into 5 different primary days, and 10 states each from a different sector of the country should be lumped together so there is no regional bias in the vote. Now that would be fair.

Thing is, states like Iowa would scream like banshees. Why? Because put 9 more states with them on the 1st primary day lowering their importance, and see how long ethanol subsidies last, lol.

Forum List

Back