Dems Are Getting Cocky and Overplaying Their Hand

red states rule

May 30, 2006
After only a few months in power, Dems are allowing their power go to thier heads. After having lied their way into power - libs now have to coddle the kook left with talk of impeachment

Dems have broken most of the promisies they made to the people to get their votes - and this will be another broken promise if they are stupid enough to do it

Now the Dems do not have veto majority (required to remove the President from office) so they will waste time and money accomplishing nothing

Much like they did with their "Surrender At All Costs" bill

Liberals push to impeach Bush
By Christina Bellantoni
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
April 6, 2007

Congressional Democrats say their constituents are clamoring for something even the most liberal lawmakers promise they won't pursue: President Bush's impeachment.
"I get one call after another saying, 'Impeach the president,' " said Rep. John P. Murtha, Pennsylvania Democrat and one of Mr. Bush's most relentless critics on the Iraq war.
"It's a simple process but a very divisive thing," Mr. Murtha said. "You've got to measure what it's going to do to the country, and at this point I don't see that happening. Instead we'll fight it out on the issues."
Some members speculated that the Democratic takeover of Congress and passage of Iraq withdrawal timetables in both the House and Senate have emboldened liberals across the country who want to see the president embarrassed during his final 21 months in office.
"The timing is all wrong," said Rep. Jerrold Nadler, New York Democrat. "If this were the first two years of his administration I would advocate impeachment. A lot of people at home say impeachment, and I'm sure he committed a lot of impeachable offenses, but think about it practically."
Mr. Nadler said impeachment hearings would be pointless and would only distract the country from the presidential election next year.
Democrats say their constituents also want them to target such administration figures as Vice President Dick Cheney, Attorney General Alberto R. Gonzales and Karl Rove, Mr. Bush's chief political adviser.
Rep. Diane Watson, California Democrat, said she hears calls for impeachment from every crowd.
"They say, 'Democrats: Do something. Get Cheney, Karl Rove, Alberto Gonzales.' They are saying impeachment. I am hearing that more and more and more," said Ms. Watson.
She said she has been receiving "nothing but kudos" for being one of just a few Democrats to vote against the party's Iraq spending bill on the premise that Congress should not keep funding the war.
Although she said she would support impeachment, she speculated that it is "not a strategy our new leadership would want to start with."
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, California Democrat, pledged last year not to seek impeachment hearings if her party won control of Congress.

"Democrats are not about impeachment," Mrs. Pelosi said on NBC's "Meet the Press" in May. "Democrats are about bringing the country together."
An online "Impeach Bush" movement has received 861,000 votes, and the president's approval ratings hover below 30 percent nationally, according to polls.
Few of those surveys ask about impeachment, and a Los Angeles Times/Bloomberg Poll conducted in January showed less than 1 percent think a Bush impeachment should be a "top priority" for Congress.
A December 2005 Rasmussen Reports poll found that 32 percent of Americans think Mr. Bush should be impeached.
Several congressional Democrats told The Washington Times in an informal survey last week that they think impeachment is the wrong strategy.
"The Republicans showed their true colors when they impeached President Clinton," said Sen. Tom Harkin, Iowa Democrat.
He called the Whitewater investigation of the Clintons' Arkansas real estate dealings a "witch hunt" that wasted thousands of hours and "so much of the public's money."
"We Democrats have to show the people of this country that we're better than that," he said.
Sen. Russ Feingold, Wisconsin Democrat, last year authored a resolution calling on Congress to censure Mr. Bush for his warrantless wiretapping program. He told The Times that he is unlikely to reintroduce the bill or push for impeachment hearings.
"The election in many ways was a censure of the president and his performance in a number of these areas," Mr. Feingold said, noting that voters want Congress to tackle Iraq policy, health care and government accountability.
"Impeachment might make it look like we don't care about the other stuff," he said. "I don't think it serves the American people well, even though if there ever was a president that deserved to be removed, this is probably the guy."
Sen. John Kerry, Massachusetts Democrat, backed censure last year but said the focus now should be on oversight. "It's a chance to change the administration's behavior, not just to express disappointment," said Kerry spokeswoman Amy Brundage.
Rep. John Conyers Jr., Michigan Democrat and Judiciary Committee chairman, has backed off his impeachment calls and has not reintroduced his bills to censure Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney.
A Conyers spokesman said the chairman has "no plans to resubmit" the bills, but declined further comment. Mr. Conyers' campaign Web site once implored visitors to "demand an investigation of administration abuses of power" and consider impeachment.
Mr. Conyers is still no fan of the Bush administration, as is evident on the site now, but his calls for impeachment have been removed.
Dozens of comments posted as recently as yesterday urge Mr. Conyers to seek impeachment.
"At what point do the Democrats in Congress agree with the American people that impeachment is viable and warranted?" read one comment.
Mark A. Jeror Sr. echoed that thought and commented on the Conyers site, "Sooner or later, the biggest issue won't be the Iraq war. ... It will be the fact that the Democrats have all the evidence they need to impeach Bush, and they are too afraid to do anything."
Rep. Dennis J. Kucinich, Ohio Democrat, said he thinks impeachment has merit. In a video on his 2008 presidential campaign site, Mr. Kucinich tells supporters: "We need to reevaluate the direction of this administration by looking at its conduct in office, by determining whether it has faithfully followed the laws of our nation. I'm prepared to start that process."

http://washingtontimes.com/national/20070406-124129-1462r.htm

it would only take a handful of republican senators to vote with the D's to convict after the D's in the house impeach. Hagel has already said he would consider it...Specter could go that way.... who knows..it certainly would be as close as the vote to convict Clinton after the R's in the house impeached HIM. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

it would only take a handful of republican senators to vote with the D's to convict after the D's in the house impeach. Hagel has already said he would consider it...Specter could go that way.... who knows..it certainly would be as close as the vote to convict Clinton after the R's in the house impeached HIM. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

More then a handful

You need 67 votes in the Senate to remove the President

The voters are watching as promise after promise the Dems made are forgotten and tossed aside

The voters will toss asdie the Dems in 08

More then a handful

You need 67 votes in the Senate to remove the President

The voters are watching as promise after promise the Dems made are forgotten and tossed aside

The voters will toss asdie the Dems in 08

I am aware of the constitutional requirements for conviction inthe senate. If the bad news keeps getting worse, who KNOWS how many R's will come on over and see the light?

Just today, the news from washington shows how team Bush lied about the Saddam-AQ connection.

It's like a sweater....pull the loose piece of yarn...and keep pulling and pretty soon, the whole sweater unravels.

What a glorious day for America to see Bush marched out of office!

I am aware of the constitutional requirements for conviction inthe senate. If the bad news keeps getting worse, who KNOWS how many R's will come on over and see the light?

Just today, the news from washington shows how team Bush lied about the Saddam-AQ connection.

It's like a sweater....pull the loose piece of yarn...and keep pulling and pretty soon, the whole sweater unravels.

What a glorious day for America to see Bush marched out of office!

So far Dems have broken the following promises

They will work with Republicans

They will not raise taxes

They will not cut off funding to the Iraq war

They will not cut and run form Iraq

They will not seek impeachemnt

They will run the most ethical Congress ever

So far they are 0 -6

Pres Bush will leave office - on Jan 10, 2009

He will leave as Rudy walks in as the new President

Yiu will be having a temper tantrum as you say you will not pay off the bet because the election was stolen

So far Dems have broken the following promises

They will not cut and run form Iraq

They will not seek impeachemnt

So far they are 0 -6

Pres Bush will leave office - on Jan 10, 2009

He will leave as Rudy walks in as the new President

Yiu will be having a temper tantrum as you say you will not pay off the bet because the election was stolen

we have a bet.... all this bullshit between now and then is really unnecessary. Let's just wait and see who pays whom a year from this november. Until then.... your predictions about '08 are about as valuable as wet toilet paper.

we have a bet.... all this bullshit between now and then is really unnecessary. Let's just wait and see who pays whom a year from this november. Until then.... your predictions about '08 are about as valuable as wet toilet paper.

So no comment on the list of lies and broken promises? Not surprised

When you are losing you shift the topic and ignore

The toilet paper was used by Pelosi and Reid - that is where what their promises was written on

we promised to TRY to work with republicans. we have tried

show me a link that shows this as a PROMISE

we are NOT...we are merely making funding contingent upon Bush leaving after his "surge" works

They will not cut and run form Iraqwe aren't...we are saying that the war on terror should be fought, and that we have no business in the middle of an Iraqi civil war

They will not seek impeachemntunless more info came to light... which it has

I don't see any major ethics violations on the part of democrats

you see...I address your questions head on... I answer them.

Conversely, you NEVER answer mine.

the thread about the surge being a prime example

we promised to TRY to work with republicans. we have tried

show me a link that shows this as a PROMISE

we are NOT...we are merely making funding contingent upon Bush leaving after his "surge" works

They will not cut and run form Iraqwe aren't...we are saying that the war on terror should be fought, and that we have no business in the middle of an Iraqi civil war

They will not seek impeachemntunless more info came to light... which it has

I don't see any major ethics violations on the part of democrats

So working with Republicans to libs is shutting them out and not allowing them to offer admendmnets

Dems ran on not raising taxes but allowing the Bush tax cuts to expisre. Now that they are in power they want to screw everyone. Increase the marriage penalty and lowetr the child tax credit

Even Harry Reid caught hell from vets when he went to a VA Hospital. Many vets told him Dems were undermining the war. People are seeing what libs are doing

Pelosi slapped down John Conyers before the election - now she is letting him go. Dems will pay a heavy price for their one finger salute to the voters

like I said...I answered YOUR questions. When will you EVER start answering mine?

start by going back to the "surge" thread and addressing the fact that American casualties in Iraq have remained steady despite your claims that they dropped by 60%

start by addressing the fact that April is on track to be the single deadliest month for Americans IN THE ENTIRE WAR.

You should worry about taking care of your OWN mess instead of pointing fingers at democrats. You have a bloody quadmire on YOUR hands.... and your stupid ass surge isn't helping one bit.

like I said...I answered YOUR questions. When will you EVER start answering mine?

start by going back to the "surge" thread and addressing the fact that American casualties in Iraq have remained steady despite your claims that they dropped by 60%

start by addressing the fact that April is on track to be the single deadliest month for Americans IN THE ENTIRE WAR.

You should worry about taking care of your OWN mess instead of pointing fingers at democrats. You have a bloody quadmire on YOUR hands.... and your stupid ass surge isn't helping one bit.

Translation - Once again I am being killed here so time to change the subject

no... I answered your questions. it is time for you to answer mine. that's all.

will you ever do that?

You are still ducking the facts................

So working with Republicans to libs is shutting them out and not allowing them to offer admendments?

Dems ran on not raising taxes but allowing the Bush tax cuts to expisre. Now that they are in power they want to screw everyone. Increase the marriage penalty and lowetr the child tax credit

Even Harry Reid caught hell from vets when he went to a VA Hospital. Many vets told him Dems were undermining the war. People are seeing what libs are doing

Pelosi slapped down John Conyers before the election - now she is letting him go. Dems will pay a heavy price for their one finger salute to the voters

So working with Republicans to libs is shutting them out and not allowing them to offer admendments?
yes..that is the definition of working with republicans...letting them debate issues on the floor...letting them submit bills for review

your characterization of the democrat's plan for fiscally responsible government as "wanting to screw everyone" is neither objective nor factual

and Karl Rove caught hell from students.... no one is saying that any side makes everyone happy. dems are not undermining the war....they are trying to get the administration to start fighting the war on terror and quit fighting in the middle of an Iraqi civil war

that is your partisan characterization.... Conyers has new information now... more and more is coming to light about just how badly we were misled into this war. Are you suggesting that, simpoly because the speaker did not endorse impeachment earlier that she is constrained from considering it if more damaging information comes to light?

there...now I did NOT duck your questions.

quit ducking mine. The time has come for you to quit tap dancing and start answering MY questions.

I will refrain from answering any more of yours until you make a good faith effort to address some of mine.

During the first 100 hours San Fran Nan banned any input from Republicans

Dems want a 400 billion tax increase (the largest ever) where they WILL INCREASE the marriage penalty, DECREASE the child tax credit, repeal the capital gains tax cut, and increase the death tax

Dems are surendering to the terrorists and that will only give them more drive to keep on attacking us

If libs try to impeach pres Bush they will suffer the wrath from the voters

During the first 100 hours San Fran Nan banned any input from Republicans

Dems want a 400 billion tax increase (the largest ever) where they WILL INCREASE the marriage penalty, DECREASE the child tax credit, repeal the capital gains tax cut, and increase the death tax

Dems are surendering to the terrorists and that will only give them more drive to keep on attacking us

If libs try to impeach pres Bush they will suffer the wrath from the voters

your opinions...you are welcome to them.

If the democrats impeach Bush, it will be because he has done a lot more than get a blowjob from an intern and then lie about it to protect his marriage...and if we DO impeach Bush, rest assured, America will want us to.

your opinions...you are welcome to them.

If the democrats impeach Bush, it will be because he has done a lot more than get a blowjob from an intern and then lie about it to protect his marriage...and if we DO impeach Bush, rest assured, America will want us to.

Nothing like libs looking out for the middle class as they claim

Increasing the marriage penalty and lowering the child tax credit should help get their vote - for Republicans

You could not defeat Pres Bush at the ballot box so the only way to "get him" to try and impeach him

Nothing like libs looking out for the middle class as they claim

Increasing the marriage penalty and lowering the child tax credit should help get their vote - for Republicans

You could not defeat Pres Bush at the ballot box so the only way to "get him" to try and impeach him

like I said...prognoticate all you want about '08... I am guessing that, before the '06 elections, you were not predicting that the republicans would lose the house AND the senate.

like I said...prognoticate all you want about '08... I am guessing that, before the '06 elections, you were not predicting that the republicans would lose the house AND the senate.

So you support raising taxes on the "working class"?

and here I thought libs cared about them? If this is your price stop caring about them, please

Forum List

Back